I'm at 118.5 which feels like such a pitiful loss. I feel bad for my team and I wish I could do the low carb thing but it makes me miserable and kills my supply
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Workout DVDs for an uncoordinated, very out of shape beginner? Last post on 3/12/14 at 9:55am in Fitness and Weight Management
- Veg dieters: what does a typical day look like for you? Last post on 2/5/14 at 6:04pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- Do you have a weight loss resolution? Last post on 1/17/14 at 6:34am in Fitness and Weight Management
- 1001 MINUTES CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR!!! Last post on 1/28/14 at 4:14am in Fitness and Weight Management
- Sprinting joyfully into October - the Dingo thread Last post on 11/1/13 at 10:42am in Fitness and Weight Management
One, Two, Three...Sing and Do Yoga With Me!
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-PackLast edited: 8/2/13
- Making Peace With My BodyLast edited: 6/21/13
- 5 Elements for Healthy LivingLast edited: 4/15/13
- Baby and YouLast edited: 1/26/11
The eight week healthy weight loss challenge - Page 10post #181 of 3472/6/12 at 7:37pmpost #182 of 3472/6/12 at 8:01pmQuote:
When I was nursing I was soooooo hungry I couldn't believe it was possible. I got up in the middle of the night to eat, and had peanut butter sandwiches three times a day.
You are awesome with what progress you are making AFAIAC!post #183 of 3472/6/12 at 8:49pm
I think this is an apt use of my "pass", lol. (Barefootmama, you are SOOO *not* the worst performer or whatever you called it this week!)
On the flip side, I'm back to eating semi-paleo. I think I made some good choices today, minus a "first period since October"-induced slip-up involving chocolate. :P
Great job, everyone else!! You all are impressive!! I mean, what with staring down wild coyotes and all... (freakin' scary!!)post #184 of 3472/7/12 at 6:16am
Buzzer - I have a peanut butter weakness as well. I went cold turkey last year. Now I have almond butter on occasion (seems to satisfy the cravings with less) and the fact that it is so expensive helps keep me honest - I can't afford to make almond butter sandwiches every day!
Poppymama - I am also breastfeeding. I feel SO much better when I go low carb but it kills my supply as well. Carbs are very difficult to do in moderation, espcially when I feel hungry all the time. Pre-kids SO many people told me BF would help me loose baby weight - HAHA. When I weaned the first time I dropped like 10 pounds in a week and kept it off, because all of a sudden I was not fighting myself and my crazy appetite! Oh well - 11 more months of lactation to go (and I do love that it is so good for my little lady!)
THe short people at my house had me up 7 times last night. I am bound and determined to get in my workout video anyways. And now that I have posted, I will have to make myself follow through! I am so thankful for the support of this thread :)post #185 of 3472/7/12 at 8:14am
I had to do a short run yesterday. I was cleaning the pool and stepped in the skimmer hole. It twisted my ankle a bit and bruised the top of my foot. It was a little sore yesterday on the run. I think it will be ok for the full run tomorrow. My little one was up a bunch last night but I am hoping to power through yoga tonight.post #186 of 3472/7/12 at 11:06amQuote:
How funny, that is the exact one I had "wish-listed" on Amazon! My only concern was that every other model seems to have straps on the pedals, and this one doesn't. Does that make any difference?post #187 of 3472/7/12 at 11:07amQuote:Originally Posted by pacificbliss
I had to do a short run yesterday. I was cleaning the pool and stepped in the skimmer hole. It twisted my ankle a bit and bruised the top of my foot. It was a little sore yesterday on the run. I think it will be ok for the full run tomorrow. My little one was up a bunch last night but I am hoping to power through yoga tonight.
Ouch! Hope it heals soon!post #188 of 3472/7/12 at 11:24ampost #189 of 3472/7/12 at 2:29pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
For shits and giggles this morning I decided to torture myself by trying on clothes in my closet. I have from size 2 to size 14 in there. The good news is I'm into a couple of old pairs of pants! The bad news is the bathing suits. I'm going on a family beach vacation in March and it's not looking like anything fits. I am sooooo thick in the middle, no hips, no butt, no boobs. Yeah, those are gone after a 17 pound weight loss (since Sept 1). My boobs are gone, my neck and face seem thinner, and my wedding ring is loose. But belly? Not budging.
The thought of trying on bathing suits at a store makes me want to cry.
Warning big whine under spoiler.post #190 of 3472/7/12 at 3:12pmpost #191 of 3472/8/12 at 1:19pmThread Starter
Wk1 Wk2 Wk3 This Wks loss Overall Loss Janinemh 5'4 167 165.4 PASS PASS ? Barefoot mama99 5'8 200.4 194.8 199.6 GAIN!! 4.8 0.8 Buzzer Beater 5'6 153 152 151 1.0 2 Dantes Mama 5'8 183.8 180.2 178.8 1.4 5 Trekking Girl 5'6 208 204.1 199.6 4.5 8.4 Clay Bear 5'8 225 217 215 2.0 10 26.2 Pacific Bliss 5'4 177 174 171.6 2.4 5.4 Milk8shake 5'7 192 189.9 190.5 GAIN! 0.6 0.5 Amanda Marie 5'4 222 220 219 1.0 3 PoppyMama 5'8 220 219 218.5 0.5 1.5 Lovetolaugh 5'2 139 135.8 135.2 0.6 3.8 Stegenrae 5'6 150 149 PASS PASS
Congrats to Trekkinggirl, and the BLUE TEAM - who are whooping butt right at the moment!!
Red Team, I'm not one to talk this week, but we need to kick it up a notch or ten!!
Sorry Janine and Rae... You don't get Pie this week.post #192 of 3472/8/12 at 1:24pmThread Starterpost #193 of 3472/8/12 at 1:26pm
Buzzer - I have had lots of luck with suits from Old Navy online. You can return via mail or in the store (if you have one nearby) and usually I can pick something that fits the first time. Perhaps try that? Lands End is also good for online suit shopping and you can mix and match their pieces pretty well if you like the tankinis or shorts or what not.post #194 of 3472/8/12 at 2:38pmpost #195 of 3472/8/12 at 9:28pm
Milk, I don't need pie, anyway! :P (besides, I've got wine. Hey, maybe I should cut back on the freaking wine, huh?!) *sigh*
Buzzer, if you have a Sears nearby, you can try on some of the Land's End selections there at the store. I'm glad I did that--I ended up needing a top 2 sizes smaller than I thought (which never happens with these big ol' boobs, but LE has some great options!). If they don't have your size in the color/style you need, then I believe you can ship to store for free.
If the weather actually gets as warm again this weekend as they're calling for, I may get out and do some running slow jogging on some trails. Unfortunately, the trails I love are single-track mountainbike trails (meaning unpaved), and after our recent rain, will be miserable to try running on, so I'll have to go on the boring, paved ones. Maybe motivation will come back and bite me in the ass and I can use the crushed gravel trail 1/2 block from me during the week next week.post #196 of 3472/9/12 at 11:09am
Milk8shake - I'm on Red too! I was 173 for week 1 and 2 and 170.5 for week 3 for a 2.5 lb loss.
I went to the gym today and did 35 minutes of cardio. My 1 year old got a bit upset when I dropped him at childcare so I went a little shorter than I had planned. But the really bad news was coming out to find a flat tire on my car! I nearly had it taken care of when I found that there is a locking lug nut on my tires. Then I couldn't find the key. So I called my hubby to come help and he called roadside assistance as well. I finally found the key stored under the seat that ds1 has his carseat installed on. The roadside assistant guy showed up two minutes later and finished off on changing it. I'm hoping my hubby can take care of it tonight because I'm supposed to meet with a personal trainer at my gym tomorrow (I get a free session for joining).post #197 of 3472/9/12 at 11:29pmThread Starterpost #198 of 3472/11/12 at 9:42pm
I hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Last night I tried to go to rink to skate, but only lasted 10 minutes. Too many little kids, and although I know how to stop, most of the little ones didn't. Bummed, I went home and ordered food from my favorite veggie place, and watched a movie. Did much better today. I had my hockey skating class, and got a good 45 minute workout.
Tomorrow we're taking a day trip to the local mountains for a family hike.post #199 of 3472/12/12 at 7:17am
Going skiing again today, not in coyote country.
I had a great week with my food.... quitting peanut butter was a huge commitment and I wanted to back it up with a bunch of good food choices. I feel better in my body after a week of it. I didn't snack, didn't eat any refined sugar, and I found myself almost entirely gluten free after I ditched my toast (with peanut butter).
I bought my first pair of jeans in 5 years last night, and it's all good.post #200 of 3472/12/12 at 1:52pmThread Starter
Hi everyone. Sorry I've been such a bad threadkeeper. My life is so hectic right now, can't begin to explain it.
Anyway. I weighed in this morning at 185.9... down 4.6lbs - yay! Better news than last week.
Back tonight to do the chart updates and leaderboard... I promise. No more excuses
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-Pack
- › Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! 2 minutes ago
- › A pediatrician's different perspective on why he doesn't accept... 2 minutes ago
- › ds's BABY teeth are crooked! Help! 7 minutes ago
- › Christian moms March '14 7 minutes ago
- › Thank You Nice to meet You as well 9 minutes ago
- › Sharing the news 12 minutes ago
- › upsetting appointment 13 minutes ago
- › Tick/ lyme disease danger at school! 14 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 18 minutes ago
- › Due Date Roll Call! 21 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild