Congrats Milk8Shake on the weight loss!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Weight loss challenge! Last post on 4/8/14 at 6:15am in Fitness and Weight Management
- Workout DVDs for an uncoordinated, very out of shape beginner? Last post on 3/18/14 at 12:05pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- Veg dieters: what does a typical day look like for you? Last post on 2/5/14 at 6:04pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- Do you have a weight loss resolution? Last post on 1/17/14 at 6:34am in Fitness and Weight Management
- 1001 MINUTES CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR!!! Last post on 1/28/14 at 4:14am in Fitness and Weight Management
One, Two, Three...Sing and Do Yoga With Me!
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-PackLast edited: 8/2/13
- Making Peace With My BodyLast edited: 6/21/13
- 5 Elements for Healthy LivingLast edited: 4/15/13
- Baby and YouLast edited: 1/26/11
The eight week healthy weight loss challenge - Page 11post #201 of 3472/12/12 at 2:27pmpost #202 of 3472/12/12 at 8:09pm
Congratulations on the loss Milk8Shake! I am sorry to report that I lost 0 lbs this week. Admittedly, with everyone in the house sick and a hurt foot I feel like it was a small victory not to gain. Sorry team. I am going to get back to running this week and I am going to yoga with a friend Tuesday and Wednesday.
Quote:Originally Posted by stegenrae
Milk, I don't need pie, anyway! :P (besides, I've got wine. Hey, maybe I should cut back on the freaking wine, huh?!) *sigh*
Buzzer, if you have a Sears nearby, you can try on some of the Land's End selections there at the store. I'm glad I did that--I ended up needing a top 2 sizes smaller than I thought (which never happens with these big ol' boobs, but LE has some great options!). If they don't have your size in the color/style you need, then I believe you can ship to store for free.
If the weather actually gets as warm again this weekend as they're calling for, I may get out and do some running slow jogging on some trails. Unfortunately, the trails I love are single-track mountainbike trails (meaning unpaved), and after our recent rain, will be miserable to try running on, so I'll have to go on the boring, paved ones. Maybe motivation will come back and bite me in the ass and I can use the crushed gravel trail 1/2 block from me during the week next week.
stegenrae- I definitely need to cut back on the wine. So I am sighing with you.post #203 of 3472/12/12 at 10:53pmThread Starterpost #204 of 3472/12/12 at 11:05pmThread Starter
So, three weeks in and I am down 2.8kgs, which is pretty close to my 1kg a week goal. I'm really looking forward to getting under 80kg, which is 4.5kg, or about 10lbs... So, should be able to do that before the end of the challenge. That would be 8.91% body weight, which really is a helluva lot when you think about it!!
Anyway, excited for all of you to do your weigh ins and see how we are travelling... Hope the Red team is bringing it this week!1post #205 of 3472/13/12 at 5:20am
I am 169.5 this week which is down 1 lb. Not terrible but not great really. If it weren't for the birthday cake, it might have been 2 lbs. At least we are done with birthdays for a while. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the hubby bought me chocolate for Valentine's Day even though he knows I am trying to lose weight.post #206 of 3472/13/12 at 5:45amI weighed in at 173.6 this morning, down 3.2 lbs from last week. I've also lost about four inches off my waist since the beginning of January! Tonight dh and fil are picking up my stationary bike from sears, and I have Slim in 6 on the way from beachbody. Excited to see what kind of results I get!
Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalkpost #207 of 3472/13/12 at 6:02ampost #208 of 3472/13/12 at 7:59am
Weighed in this morning at 213, so down another 2 pounds this week. My big goal is to be between 180-190 by the middle of May and I feel like I am on track to be there, which is fabulous. Here are my stats to date:
January 2011: 256
(tried half heartedly to drop some weight and did but not a lot)
October 2011: 246
Started a committed effort to drop some weight
November 2011: 236
December 2011: 229
January 2012: 225
(began this challenge at a time when I had 2-3 weeks of not dropping any weight and was frustrated)
Week One: 217!
Week Two: 215
Week Three: 213
First goal: 206 by March 1st
Second Goal: stay under 200 for 2 weeks (my dh and I made a plan for me to go clothing shopping when this happens!)
Third Goal: 185 by Mid-Maypost #209 of 3472/13/12 at 8:58am
today I am 196.8!
I tried to post last night to let you ladies know what's been going on with me. But my baby pushed the keyboard and all was lost. I had a minor surgery on Friday and I was given a new sedation medicine then usual and it didn't work. I had a really hard time and it was a really painful afternoon. Then I woke up Saturday in severe pain. Sunday was a little better but today I am hurting a lot again. I was really hoping I would come out in a lot less pain but so far it's been the opposite,post #210 of 3472/13/12 at 10:17am
ARGH, I had a long post typed out and my laptop went dead. (We have to take it to the Apple Store and have it repaired; Macs do NOT do that, which is why we use Macs. I'm really peeved.) Anyway, it went something like this:
OMG, trekkingirl! I'm so sorry you're still in so much pain--is there ANYthing they could prescribe for you to take the edge off? (Of course, my paranoid self immediately jumps from "minor" surgery to worsening of pain 3 days later, and I wonder if you've ruled out infection from the procedure...? Feel free to tell me to stuff it, lol.) And WTG on the continued loss!
claybear, your hard work and loss is inspiring!
dantesmama & milk, yours too! :)
allisonrose & Buzzer, it's still in the right direction, so keep up the good work!
AFM, umm, I had totally fallen off the healthy food + exercise wagon. Well, I was still eating healthy food, but added in some serious carbs and sugars and too much wine. My body tends toward a couple different plateaus, one of which is around 155, and that's what I've creeped toward over the past 10 days or so. I weighed in this morning at 154lbs If I can get below 145, I will likely plateau again around 142, and it's been so long since I was under 140 that I can't really remember what my next plateau used to be, but I'm thinking it was about 136-ish. I will do some elliptical most every day this week to prepare myself for the self-induced hell of the 30-Day Shred, which I'm borrowing from a friend this weeekend and will start hopefully next Monday. (That wish to start running this weekend? Um, yeah, I was looking at some other forecast or something, because it was frigid here, and now we have snow. yuck.)
I need to go to bed earlier--I know sleep patterns can totally screw with weight loss, and I also snack on crappy stuff late at night. I have a thick book club book I need to get started on before I run out of time, so I think I'll just put myself to bed and read instead of websurf late at night. At least that will cut out the chips& salsa gorging before bed.post #211 of 3472/13/12 at 11:56am
I have been on a steady pain med increase over the course of this last year. So yes I have something to take the edge off but it's not helping as much as I'd like. Also even though I have been ok'd with DD's pediatrician and my back doctor to continue breastfeeding, taking a large amount of pain meds makes me really paranoid. I know a little goes through the milk. UGH!
I think I can thank the low carb diet for the continued weightloss because working out has been impossible lately!post #212 of 3472/13/12 at 12:46pmpost #213 of 3472/13/12 at 12:58pmpost #214 of 3472/13/12 at 1:33pmThread Starter
Well done everyone, especially Trekkinggirl... Those are some tough circumstances, but you must have been so good with your diet.
BB - slow and steady might win the race!
Rae No more wine!! Hahah. I feel your pain - I haven't had any alcohol for like 2 weeks now, which is a short, sharp, shock! I have been going to bed early too.
I still don't seem to have that "more energy" that people reckon eating well and exercising is supposed to bring about.post #215 of 3472/13/12 at 5:30pmpost #216 of 3472/13/12 at 7:55pm
Well, I'm feeling like I sort of shot myself in the foot by not posting my weight last week when I gained. Because I did lose this week--down to 167.8 from 170. But that is still up form the last weight I posted. Oh, well here I am. Trying to focus on the positives like the fact that I have gained in strength, agility and endurance in my kettlebell work outs. Hoping that the scale with keep moving down and then stay down.
Edited by janinemh - 2/14/12 at 12:38pmpost #217 of 3472/14/12 at 1:06amThread Starter
Okay guys... so far this is where we are at.
Just waiting on this week's weight from Barefootmama
Janinemh 5'4 167 165.4 PASS 167.8 Barefoot mama99 5'8 200.4 194.8 199.6 Buzzer Beater 5'6 153 152 151 150.0 Dantes Mama 5'8 183.8 180.2 178.8 173.6 Trekking Girl 5'6 208 204.1 199.6 196.8 Clay Bear 5'8 225 217 215 213.0 Pacific Bliss 5'4 177 174 171.6 171.6 Milk8shake 5'7 192 189.9 190.5 184.9 Amanda Marie 5'4 222 220 219 217.4 AllisonRose 5'8 173 173 170.5 169.5 PoppyMama 5'8 220 219 118.5 170.5 Lovetolaugh 5'2 139 135.8 135.2 133.6 Stegenrae 5'6 150 149 PASS
I've just gone ahead and culled the people who haven't posted in the last two weeks. Looks like it will be just us !!post #218 of 3472/14/12 at 4:49ampost #219 of 3472/14/12 at 8:39am
Any words of wisdom for breaking out of a plateau? I started around 220 and have steadily lost down to right around 200 (which is when we started this competition) but I have been stuck here for about 4 weeks! I have tried being more strick with what I am eating and increasing my activity - I actually was so frustrated yesterday that I decided to work out 2 times!! This is driving me nuts. . . . any advice would be welcome :)post #220 of 3472/14/12 at 12:42pm
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-Pack
- › It all just feels surreal... 24 seconds ago
- › Working With Doctors 10 minutes ago
- › Those Pesky "Anti-Vax" Experts 10 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 15 minutes ago
- › salty breast milk 17 minutes ago
- › 18.5 week anatomy scan of our wee owlet! 18 minutes ago
- › BUMPS and Belly Shots!! 20 minutes ago
- › Do we Ever Get Over Wanting a baby? 20 minutes ago
- › Bismarck, ND~midwife 23 minutes ago
- › My teen has his own place :/ 24 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding my Tribe After the Death of my Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool
- › Mayim Bialik Opens Up About Her Breastfeeding... by Melanie Mayo
- › Freedom Together: Mothering Mavens Try Out... by Melanie Mayo