well I got AF again today! Looks like I'm back to having really short cycles. Bah!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Veg dieters: what does a typical day look like for you? Last post on 2/5/14 at 6:04pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- Do you have a weight loss resolution? Last post on 1/17/14 at 6:34am in Fitness and Weight Management
- 1001 MINUTES CHALLENGE FOR THE NEW YEAR!!! Last post on 1/28/14 at 4:14am in Fitness and Weight Management
- Sprinting joyfully into October - the Dingo thread Last post on 11/1/13 at 10:42am in Fitness and Weight Management
- SEPTEMBER 1000 MINUTES EXERCISE CHALLENGE! Last post on 9/30/13 at 12:43pm in Fitness and Weight Management
One, Two, Three...Sing and Do Yoga With Me!
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-PackLast edited: 8/2/13
- Making Peace With My BodyLast edited: 6/21/13
- 5 Elements for Healthy LivingLast edited: 4/15/13
- Baby and YouLast edited: 1/26/11
The eight week healthy weight loss challenge - Page 15post #282 of 3473/1/12 at 10:11pm
:( boo, trekkingirl.
I just came over to post that I actually got off my lazy butt and did w1d1 of C25K this evening and came home and immediately did a 10-min ab video. I would have liked to have run farther (it was so warm today, I just *had* to get out and move), but it was also my first run in a long time in my barefoot shoes, so didn't want to mangle my leg muscles on my first run.
I also didn't have *too* many carbs today, and ate pretty healthfully.
It's not much, but it's a (re)start...
You ladies are inspiring me!! :Dpost #283 of 3473/1/12 at 10:14pmpost #284 of 3473/1/12 at 11:49pmThread Starter
Claybear - amazing effort. Makes me really wish I had taken some measurements.
Trekkinggirl and Lovetolaugh, it's okay to fall off the band wagon, as long as you get back on! The end of the challenge is in sight....
Pacificbliss - hope you are working hard this week to shed those business trip pounds.
Rae - glad that you got some workout time in.
DP and I are doing well, (he's doing the challenge with me) and he is down about 9 kilos - or 20lbs!! We have really been enjoy our walks, and they are getting longer. We're both eating a lot better, and much smaller portion sizes. He is having healthier snacks too. I am on track for my 8 kilos in 8 weeks, and in 3.5lbs I will be officially in the "seventies" (kilos). Looking forward to that!
I daresay I might be up for another eight week challenge, hey?post #285 of 3473/3/12 at 11:15am
Ugh. Bike accident has laid me out and I am thinking this week might be the week I drop zero pounds. I did not get seriously injured anywhere but my knee but my knee is bad. Not really even able to walk easily so working out might be out of the picture for a while. I could so some arm work out but for now just lots of tv in bed.post #286 of 3473/3/12 at 4:15pmpost #287 of 3473/3/12 at 6:59pm
I'm sorry Claybear! Did you go to the ER? I hope you've got somebody to care for you.
I'm having a bad bad weekend. My mom is visiting (she lives half time here and half time in San Diego) and got me eating Cheetos last night. That's all she wrote, I had to eat everything after that. Tonight we went out to dinner and I had a huge mess of food and I am uncomfortable now. Crap! and this is after 3 lazy lazy days because I have a bad cold. This may be my pass week.
eta- oh yeah, and several beers. damn.post #288 of 3473/3/12 at 8:33pm
claybear--OUCH. A doc visit might not be out of the question this week, just to make sure no ligaments are damaged. (I cheat and go to my sports-minded chiropractor and she can tell me if I need to find a doc to order an MRI or something; luckily, my injuries haven't been that serious, though.) My dh had an over-handlebars, over-car bike accident once and his shoulder was pretty messed up for a while, but okay. Maybe you could swim??
trekkingirl, that's frustrating. I hope your body makes some progress over the weekend.
BuzzerBeater--while that's a big ol' "boo" for the weight loss, it does sound like a fun time. Maybe it'll be a plateau-breaker, after all?
Milk--YOU GO! :) I'm interested in having another go at 8 weeks.
AFM--3rd day of March, 3rd day or workouts in. I'm doing C25K every other day, and doing an ab workout every day. I may add some mild cardio on non C25K days, like walking or elliptical, but for now, this is what I can handle. I just feel more like moving when it's nice outside, and love running, so I really want to get back into being able to do that at the drop of a hat. (without intense muscle soreness for days afterward, lol!) I also want to go trail running again, which is something for which I need to be in better shape. Even if I get pregnant in the coming weeks/months, I still want to keep running for as long as I can.
Now...just to find a way to cut back on all this sugar... :/post #289 of 3473/4/12 at 8:34pm
No Dr. visit yet but I don't think the damage is really going to require one. I can bend fine and put pressure on it without pain. It is a little swollen, a lot bruised and there is some sharper pain in the rotation on the left side but I think the injury will heal reasonably quickly with what I am doing. Taking it easy as much as I can. Not working out and I ate pizza last night (boo). This is 100% my pass week!post #290 of 3473/4/12 at 10:59pm
good to know there's some healing already begun, claybear. I don't mean to harp, but if you have a chiro, it would be a good idea to make sure everything finds its way to their proper positions to heal most optimally.
Um, so that 2nd C25K workout from yesterday was done barefoot on the elliptical machine. I usually use barefoot running *shoes* but was too lazy to run up 2 flights of stairs to get them & I didn't think I'd need them. OOPS. Apparently working to keep my feet on the elliptical pedals made for some seriously blistered feet. ouchie. One foot is mostly better, and the other foot has a nasty one on the pinky toe. (for such a little toe, it sure packs some big pain!) I also realized that I managed to bruise my left foot in a strange spot. It only hurts (like HELL) when touched on top, and walking doesn't hurt, so I'm hoping it's not a fracture. (Fractured metatarsals are apparently freakishly easy to acquire, but also freakishly easy to treat.) I'm staying in my hiking boots during the day for the next day or two to prevent toeing off and protect that foot bone JIC. I can still run in them, though! I just sound like a horse, lol.
...yes, I'm going to my chiro tomorrow, lol.post #291 of 3473/5/12 at 5:29ampost #292 of 3473/5/12 at 5:53amClaybear, hope you're taking it easy and healing!
Weighed in at 166.2 today - down 2.6 lbs. By next week I may officially no longer be overweight!
I also fit into my size 10 jeans this morning, which was a pleasant surprise!
Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk
Edited by dantesmama - 3/5/12 at 6:06ampost #293 of 3473/5/12 at 6:49am
I have bad news this week: 167.5 which is up .5 lb. I've been working out so I'm sure my diet is the problem. I'm suspecting it's drinking calories: my hubby is off soda for Lent so he drinks Gatorade instead and he's picked up Gatorade for me a few times. I generally only have my morning coffee and then water for the rest of the day. I'm going to tell him no more Gatordade for me. And I should plan breakfasts and lunches better....post #294 of 3473/5/12 at 9:35ampost #295 of 3473/5/12 at 9:49am
Wow you guys all sound pretty skinny! I hope to be there one day. I have gained half a pound this week putting me at 192.7. I thought about using my pass but then I said to hell with it. I dieted 5 out of 7 days and I need to get back out there and walk some more. Is this week our last week? I really hope to have big numbers to finish out next monday.post #296 of 3473/5/12 at 10:08ampost #297 of 3473/5/12 at 12:38pm
Ouch! claybear sorry to hear about the accident. I hope it all heals up ok.
Stegenrae- blisters suck. BTW I did the C25K and at the end I could run the full half hour. I am back to doing some intervals because a) I lapsed and didn't run for a while and b) I would like to get faster. Today I held an 11 min 40 s mile pace and ran 3.17 miles. It was a walk/run combo but shaved 2 minutes off my total time.
Sorry to those of you that gained. I have been there. The worst part for me about falling off the wagon is my body then seems to crave sweets and I have a heck of a time fighting it.
AFM, I am thinking some of the weight might have been travel bloat. 169.4 this morning. I really want to have a great week. I do not want to see the 170s again and I am travelling next week too.post #298 of 3473/5/12 at 1:56pmThread Starter
Hey guys. Sorry that there are some accidents, and blisters and struggles this week.
Personally, AF is kicking my ass right now, which means that I'm weighing in exactly the same as last week. I really think that I might be down a little, and this is just bloat, but I guess the scales don't lie. I'm with TG, I'll need some big numbers next week to finish the challenge out...
Once again, I owe last weeks pie, and this weeks! I think if any of us choose to do another 8 weeks, I might need an assistant pie maker! Anyhow, back this evening with the pie. Stay strong y'all.post #299 of 3473/5/12 at 5:08pmpost #300 of 3473/5/12 at 6:12pm
Sorry for the long absence ladies. Modem issues followed by tornado induced electricity loss . . . But the good news is I am down 2 pounds this week to 197.3#. So the scale is finally moving again!!! And we all escaped any major tornado damage, so while it has been a long week, I am counting my blessings :)
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-Pack
- › Nausea 5 minutes ago
- › Send me good vibes 10 minutes ago
- › Asbestos? 20 minutes ago
- › personailty conflict 30 minutes ago
- › Totally OT Good News!!! 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Wanting But Waiting 2014 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › 16 weeks pregnant and thinking of getting a young dog. Am I crazy? 2 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Little Girls Growing Up- Whats to much and whats ok 2 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Sodium Ascorbate 3 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Water birth in Michigan? 3 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher