Yes, I am sure I could get a loan. My credit is excellent because I always make my payments on time. Now Hubby is saying that if we decide not to UC, we should just plan a hospital birth for these reasons:
(1) homebirth midwives are illegal here in Georgia (crazy, right??!), so their fee of $2500 would have to be paid cash and not count toward our deductible (although after the birth we could file with the insurance company and hope that they cover it, but it is not a guarantee)
(2) If we got a $2500 loan to pay the midwives and ended up transferring to the hospital for whatever reason/complication, we would be charged $4000 (deductible) and have to pay that PLUS our $2500 loan = $6500 total!
So, his thought is, if we are going to apply for a loan and pay it off, why not just plan for the $4000 loan instead of risk a $6500 debt. The fact that we have had so many ultrasounds that showed problems (the latest one being that the limbs are all very short - in the less than 3rd percentile, and the doctor said that is a risk for dwarfism, ugh) makes him worry that we are more likely to have to transfer.
My reasons for not wanting a hospital birth are just....I don't want a hospital birth!! I've had 2 hospital births (one with epidural, one unmedicated) and I just don't want to do it again!!! And I really don't want to take out a loan to do something I don't want to do, YK? Plus I don't feel like I would transfer if I had a midwife assisted HB, but DH keeps saying "you never know". Rrrrr.
We will meet with our midwives on Wednesday for our appointment, pay them what we owe so far, and ask advice on where to go from here. I'm sure DH and i will be going back and forth bickering about the situation all next week and hopefully we'll come to a decision we are all peaceful with.