My SIL was admitted yesterday with preterm labor. She is 21 weeks pregnant. They managed to slow things down and she was doing ok yesterday afternoon but was 3 cm dilated. It started with her loosing the plug in the morning, so they went in. Today they are doing a cervical cerclage (suture) in the hopes, that it will prolong her pregnancy long enough that they can save their little boy. They have been TTCing for years, and finally succeeded with IVF at the second attempt in the fall. It is so unfair this is happening to them.
Has anyone gone through this? If so please share your story.
How long can they usually postpone threatening preterm birth? Obviously she needs at least another 2-4 weeks of pregnancy before there is any chance of survival and even then it's very risky. But is it possible? Should we dare to hope.