We're in the process of waiting to be matched with a birth mother for an open adoption. With DS (4 1/2 and currently completely unvaxed) he was exclusively breastfed and I knew my sexual history, which tipped the scales against all vaccinations to this point (but we are considering DTAP as he nears school age). As we're anticipating an adopted newborn, however, I'm having to reevaluate. The new baby will (obviously) not be exclusively breastfed, although I'm hoping to be able to produce some breastmilk (but worst case scenario, no breastmilk available). Also, the birth mom's sexual history may be unknown/unreliable (which affects Hep B at the least).
So, I'm looking for advice and experience: has anyone gone through this and what did you decide? So much of my biological DS's non-vaccination was based on the fact that he received so many advantages via my breastmilk. I'm really thrown for a loop here. Plus, we'll be forced to comply with a dr's advice until the adoption is final (but hopefully we'll have a delayed schedule approved by our pediatrician for whatever we end up deciding).