I've had to return to work and can only pump very 4-6 hourswhere I had been pumping every 3. Would that cause the flow of BM to decrease. My left side hasn't decreased at all but my right side went from 3-4 oz every 4-6 hours to 2 oz no matter what. Is there anything I can do to increase the flow in my right breast. I'm officially getting just enough to feed my DS where I was putting away atleast 5 2oz bags a day in the freezer.
- topicBreastfeeding Challengestagged by System, 1/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Low supply - What helped you? Last post on 2/1/14 at 8:46am in Breastfeeding Challenges
- Help! 6 MO DD hasn't gained in 6 weeks.... Last post on 8/30/13 at 9:04am in Breastfeeding Challenges
- Should I wean my 1 year old? Help! Last post on 8/21/13 at 8:42am in Breastfeeding
- green stool Last post on 8/6/13 at 6:05am in Breastfeeding Challenges
- FTM with breast feeding aversion...do I turn to exclusive pumping? Last post on 8/27/13 at 2:28pm in Breastfeeding Challenges
The Scars Mommy Hides
Last edited: 11/18/13
- Are You Breastfeeding an Older Child?Last edited: 9/22/13
- 25 Children's Books That Depict BreastfeedingLast edited: 8/23/13
- Saying Good-bye to BreastfeedingLast edited: 8/15/13
- 100 Inspiring Breastfeeding Stories from Our "Blog about...Last edited: 8/8/13
Lessened flow of BMpost #1 of 31/25/12 at 6:55amThread Starterpost #2 of 33/1/12 at 9:56ampost #3 of 33/1/12 at 3:35pm
Since breastmilk production works on supply and demand, if the frequency that you empty your breasts is not as high, yes it can affect the overall output. Is there any way you can pump more at work? At least every 3 hours?
When you're home make sure to spend time with your baby close, especially skin to skin, as well as feeding at the breast as much as possible, not giving bottles while you're home and sleeping together if you're comfortable with that.
How old is your baby?
Are you using a double pump?
Hang in there mama! You're doing a good job. Breastmilk is so important and great for your baby.
- Are You Breastfeeding an Older Child?
- › Im PG!! woowooo 5 seconds ago
- › Tick/ lyme disease danger at school! 2 minutes ago
- › Crafting for Baby 4 minutes ago
- › When did you start wearing maternity clothes? 4 minutes ago
- › Grumble: chicken pox 5 minutes ago
- › Bone broth with pork AND beef bones? 6 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Is Lydia a good name? 7 minutes ago
- › Due Date Community on Facebook? 7 minutes ago
- › Everyone's favorite - and etiquette question. 9 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher