I've had to return to work and can only pump very 4-6 hourswhere I had been pumping every 3. Would that cause the flow of BM to decrease. My left side hasn't decreased at all but my right side went from 3-4 oz every 4-6 hours to 2 oz no matter what. Is there anything I can do to increase the flow in my right breast. I'm officially getting just enough to feed my DS where I was putting away atleast 5 2oz bags a day in the freezer.
- topicBreastfeeding Challengestagged by System, 1/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Low supply - What helped you? Last post on Today at 7:47 am in Breastfeeding Challenges
- Help! 6 MO DD hasn't gained in 6 weeks.... Last post on 8/30/13 at 9:04am in Breastfeeding Challenges
- Should I wean my 1 year old? Help! Last post on 8/21/13 at 8:42am in Breastfeeding
- green stool Last post on 8/6/13 at 6:05am in Breastfeeding Challenges
- FTM with breast feeding aversion...do I turn to exclusive pumping? Last post on 8/27/13 at 2:28pm in Breastfeeding Challenges
The Scars Mommy Hides
Last edited: 11/18/13
- Are You Breastfeeding an Older Child?Last edited: 9/22/13
- 25 Children's Books That Depict BreastfeedingLast edited: 8/23/13
- Saying Good-bye to BreastfeedingLast edited: 8/15/13
- 100 Inspiring Breastfeeding Stories from Our "Blog about...Last edited: 8/8/13
Lessened flow of BMpost #1 of 31/25/12 at 6:55amThread Starterpost #2 of 33/1/12 at 9:56ampost #3 of 33/1/12 at 3:35pm
Since breastmilk production works on supply and demand, if the frequency that you empty your breasts is not as high, yes it can affect the overall output. Is there any way you can pump more at work? At least every 3 hours?
When you're home make sure to spend time with your baby close, especially skin to skin, as well as feeding at the breast as much as possible, not giving bottles while you're home and sleeping together if you're comfortable with that.
How old is your baby?
Are you using a double pump?
Hang in there mama! You're doing a good job. Breastmilk is so important and great for your baby.
- Are You Breastfeeding an Older Child?
- › Toys and games 48 seconds ago
- › December (already!) chat 2 minutes ago
- › Fed up of being the maid in the house 4 minutes ago
- › Due Date Roll Call 4 minutes ago
- › 35+ Mamas 7 minutes ago
- › November Chat Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Sippy Cup help 13 minutes ago
- › What is your word for nursing? 14 minutes ago
- › What cute things do your toddlers say and do? 15 minutes ago
- › 24 week appt. 19 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo