I am 9w2d pregnant with (hopefully!) my 6th child. I've had all relatively uncomplicated vaginal births. However, my last birth in Nov. 2010 resulted in a fairly serious prolapse of all three structures (uterus, rectum, bladder). I was initially advised to consider surgery to repair the structures, but instead I decided to try a pessary. Now that I'm expecting again, I've received some conflicting information about the best means of delivering the baby. Some OBs believe that a c/s would at least keep the prolapses from worsening. My midwife seems to think I will do fine with another vaginal delivery and specialized physical therapy after the birth. As much as I'd like to deliver vaginally again, my gut tells me that the prolapse will probably worsen to the point of no return after pushing out another large baby, and that maybe I should consider the section. Has anyone else ever been advised to consider c/s because of prolapse? If so, what did you decide and why?
Edited by Soul-O - 2/3/12 at 5:41pm