or Connect
Mothering › Groups › December 2011 Birth Club › Discussions › January 29th - ???!

January 29th - ???! - Page 5

post #81 of 225

Heather, those tummy aches lead to the worst cries, don't they?  It sounds so painful.  :(

 

LilMomma, glad you've both persevered!  That's great news!

 

Mummoth, glad you're feeling better.  I haven't been throwing-up sick in years.  Not looking forward to O bringing those bugs home, yech.

 

This is a weird question: does anyone else get nauseous/queasy when breastfeeding?  I do.  It's very odd.

post #82 of 225
Thread Starter 

cwill~ I get a feeling when I'm nursing sort of like when you're all cozy in bed and don't have to go anywhere in the morning. Sometimes it's almost a dizzy feeling, not nausea but maybe if it was more intense I'd interpret it that way?

 

DH & Stephanie have been home for a bit now, she's making up for lost time with the nay-nay!

post #83 of 225
Quote:
It's been forever since I checked in! Eli had his 2-month visit and he tipped the scale at 11 lbs even.... Heifer! =D He's starting to get chubby thighs and his little pot belly barely fits in his diapers. That was a 3lb, 2Oz gain in a month.... I'm proud of my lil man (and my boobies! GO BOOBIES!! Lol)

We've also started being exceptionally adorable, with the big grins and the laughs and the fact that he watches us like we're the most interesting things EVER. heh. He's also started to sleep a few stretches on his own, sometimes, which is really nice for me.

I went through his dresser and packed up his newborn clothes today... They don't fit anymore! That was a bittersweet moment. I can't believe he's getting so big already - or that he used to be so small! - but I'm so excited for him to be interacting with me more, and I can't wait to see him keep growing. =)
post #84 of 225

Naomi has been incredibly fussy today! And last night! I'm exhausted!

 

That said, I had a wonderful time visiting my old friends for the CD exchange (I've known them since I was a kid) and my kids had fun playing with their kids....they live about 40mins away so we don't see them often. Then I went to another friend's baby shower and was able to give her a moby wrap (it was the one thing she told me they would be themselves if nobody purchased it off their registry) they are in a really tight spot financially so DH and I agreed we should get it for them even though it was twice what we would normally spend on a baby shower gift....watching their faces when they opened it jsut made my day!

 

 

Ok girl is totalyl losing it - I'm going to attempt laying down with her to see if that helps - wish me luck!

post #85 of 225

Owen smiled for the first time today!! Melted my heart... and made me cry. He smiled long enough for DH to see it too - I was so glad!! I know there will be firsts that his daddy misses, but I'm so glad when he gets to share in them too.

 

cwill - I have had that feeling too, once or twice. It happens to me when I'm absolutely exhausted and it's the middle of the night. It feels so awful to me, that my baby nursing makes me want to puke. So sorry it's happening to you - is it often?

post #86 of 225

LilMomma... hope things settled down for you - better night last night? *crosses fingers*

post #87 of 225

Our tiny babies are getting so big! Winter weighs 13 pounds-- the chunker! He's firmly in the 3-6 month size, and I definitely need to go through his clothes so when Papa dresses him, I'm not constantly saying, "not that, it's too small!"

 

Winter has started talking. He says all his vowel sounds and several consonants, and he loves to repeat after us. He's trying really hard to figure out how to laugh, sometimes he tries so hard he ends up crying. Sooooo cute. And he got to meet his uncle this weekend (DHs younger brother), and he was way cute for him, and started looking for Uncle Jeffy by the end of the visit. 

 

Mamas, when do you switch from mostly front carries to back carries? I wear Winter 5-6 hours per day (he still only sleeps on me during the day), and he's starting to strain my back and shoulders, but he's so accessible up front, I'm not too keen to switch to the back. Oh, also, when do you switch from foggy legs in to legs out?

 

I finally made up his birth announcements to send in the mail. They're so cute!

post #88 of 225

Azad- I'm constantly shoving my little guy in too small of stuff, our 3-6 month wardrobe needs beefed up, I'm hoping to pick up some hand me downs saturday from a friend.

 

I guess I have a quiet guy, he doesn't make any noise except for the occasional cry if I don't get him on a boob fast enough, and he still hasn't smiled at me :( I'm ready for beer-shower-bed. These kids today have been killing me, and DH is no help, as in he's not here. I'm bitter about it.

post #89 of 225
Thread Starter 

Stephanie rode froggy legs out today, for the first trip out in her new sling! I think you just need to be extra super sure that the fabric goes right up under their knees and their knees are higher than their butt, so they have a nice deep pocket for their butt.

 

It's a good thing she went in the sling instead of the stroller today, because it was a really high needs school pick-up! First we started walking home and Roland showed me this neat coin he found on the playground. I told him we had to hand it in at the office and he really didn't want to. So we went back to school and the secretary taped it to a piece of paper with his name on it and if it's still there in two weeks he can have it back. Then we started walking home again and he told me he had to read a whole book tonight and do five book reports and he wasn't allowed to get the book so he couldn't even read it! He didn't want to go back and talk to his teacher, so I had to say he wasn't getting on his computer this week if we didn't, because he won't be doing his homework according to what he just said (he goes on the computer after he finishes homework each day) So back we went again, and he had ONE book report due, a math problem that hew as half-finished already, some multiplication sheets, and a completed goals sheet for me to sign. Some of that was because he missed half of last week because he was sick. After that we finally came home. He's not thrilled with me, but he'll be caught up by Friday and we'll go to the candy store for a treat. Phew!

 

Stephanie has grabby little hands! She's been pulling my hair for a few weeks and this morning Caitlin reported that she went for her glasses. I'm glad I had surgery a few years ago...  the other two drove me nuts with that! And she pinches, ouch! Maybe she'll start to take more interest in her toys now... I've been putting an empty paper towel roll over her arm when she's in her highchair, which keeps her pretty entertained. When she moves and it goes past wherever she's looking, she turns her head like "What was that?!"

post #90 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azadehhast View Post

Our tiny babies are getting so big! Winter weighs 13 pounds-- the chunker! He's firmly in the 3-6 month size, and I definitely need to go through his clothes so when Papa dresses him, I'm not constantly saying, "not that, it's too small!"

 

Winter has started talking. He says all his vowel sounds and several consonants, and he loves to repeat after us.

 

Mamas, when do you switch from mostly front carries to back carries? I wear Winter 5-6 hours per day (he still only sleeps on me during the day), and he's starting to strain my back and shoulders, but he's so accessible up front, I'm not too keen to switch to the back. Oh, also, when do you switch from foggy legs in to legs out?

13lbs! We had our two month (which was really 10 weeks) visit on thursday, and Ten was 11lb even. She's pretty skinny looking through the body, ut has a perfectly oval face with just these cheeks. She's pretty long too, so we're running into problems with her outgrowing clothing too. She is still wearing all her newborn pants, but her torso is so long that her sleepers and onesies, she's been in 3-6m since about 9 weeks.  It's crazy because we have a TON of clothing that we've gotten as hand me downs, but since she's growing through things so fast, I figure we'll hit her 12 month clothing (which is where the amount tapers off) by the end of summer. 

 

Ten is the same with talking too. Her language has exploded and you can see her actively working to figure out how to make these sounds. It's so cute!

 

We've got her only in the front right now, by default because I don't have a carrier she can be on my back. But I'm looking for a mei tai so that I can can wear her on my back. I'm having trouble right now getting stuff done around the house with her on my front. 

 

We stopped froggying her legs around... I think it was 7 or 8 weeks. She was probably ready for it earlier, as she kept trying to stand up in the wrap. She's much happier now. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammamo View Post

Azad- I'm constantly shoving my little guy in too small of stuff, our 3-6 month wardrobe needs beefed up, I'm hoping to pick up some hand me downs saturday from a friend.

We're the opposite. For these small sizes, I keep having to go down and pare down our stash of clothing to only the ones I really love. I pulled out her 306m stuff, and realized I had 22 onesies. I mean seriously! But the problem is that they're all so cute so I can't bear to part with any of them. I never would have bought this many, but since they were all given to us, it was hard to turn down, and now that I have them, I don't want to part!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

It's a good thing she went in the sling instead of the stroller today, because it was a really high needs school pick-up! First we started walking home and Roland showed me this neat coin he found on the playground. I told him we had to hand it in at the office and he really didn't want to. So we went back to school and the secretary taped it to a piece of paper with his name on it and if it's still there in two weeks he can have it back. Then we started walking home again and he told me he had to read a whole book tonight and do five book reports and he wasn't allowed to get the book so he couldn't even read it! He didn't want to go back and talk to his teacher, so I had to say he wasn't getting on his computer this week if we didn't, because he won't be doing his homework according to what he just said (he goes on the computer after he finishes homework each day) So back we went again, and he had ONE book report due, a math problem that hew as half-finished already, some multiplication sheets, and a completed goals sheet for me to sign. Some of that was because he missed half of last week because he was sick. After that we finally came home. He's not thrilled with me, but he'll be caught up by Friday and we'll go to the candy store for a treat. Phew!

 

Maybe she'll start to take more interest in her toys now... I've been putting an empty paper towel roll over her arm when she's in her highchair, which keeps her pretty entertained. When she moves and it goes past wherever she's looking, she turns her head like "What was that?!"


Ugh :( That does not sound like a fun afternoon! 

 

And yes on the toys! DH gave her a paintbrush the other day, and she was having so much fun just holding it. She's also decided she loves her peek squeak monkey and will sit for up to 20 minutes talking to him. LOVE!

 

post #91 of 225

Oh man, Oscar was 13lbs at our 6 week check-up! He's been in 3-6 month stuff for a few weeks now. He's not only chunky though, he's LONG. He was 22.5 inches at birth and 9lbs. 3 oz so he started out big too. I haven't gotten him into the dr. for his 2-month check-up yet since we just moved a few weeks ago but once DH gets paid this week, I'll make an appointment to get him in. I'm very interested to find out where he's at as far as weight and length now. I was going to type up a big moving update but I'm supposed to meet a friend at Target in like 20 minutes and I haven't showered and DD and DS are so not ready to go anywhere. I'll be back!

post #92 of 225

My dog died last night.  She was hit by a car.  She wasn't even 4 yet.  I feel so sick.  She was my best friend in the whole world; but with the baby, I'd been giving her much less attention.  I wish so badly that I had given her some belly rubs yesterday instead of telling her to go to her spot.  

post #93 of 225
Thread Starter 

cwill~ so sorry to hear that, that's terrible news. I'm sure she understood about the baby, dogs are smarter than people give them credit for. Take care of yourself.

post #94 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azadehhast View Post

Our tiny babies are getting so big! Winter weighs 13 pounds-- the chunker! He's firmly in the 3-6 month size, and I definitely need to go through his clothes so when Papa dresses him, I'm not constantly saying, "not that, it's too small!"

 

Winter has started talking. He says all his vowel sounds and several consonants, and he loves to repeat after us. He's trying really hard to figure out how to laugh, sometimes he tries so hard he ends up crying. Sooooo cute. And he got to meet his uncle this weekend (DHs younger brother), and he was way cute for him, and started looking for Uncle Jeffy by the end of the visit. 

 

Mamas, when do you switch from mostly front carries to back carries? I wear Winter 5-6 hours per day (he still only sleeps on me during the day), and he's starting to strain my back and shoulders, but he's so accessible up front, I'm not too keen to switch to the back. Oh, also, when do you switch from foggy legs in to legs out?

 

I finally made up his birth announcements to send in the mail. They're so cute!


 

I don't think I wore any of mine on the back until at least 6 months - I can't remember what they weighed but they were both a little under 20lbs at 12mos..I know they could pretty much climb in and out of a back carry in the ergo on their own by the time I started putting them on my back.

 

I am still doing froggy legs with N - I think I stopped doing froggy legs in the sling whenever my kids started "standing" (supported of course) for fear they would straighten their legs and fall out. Naomi is starting to do that though and I don't feel like she is big enough to turn so I'm not too sure what I will do!

 

Naomi is talking a lot too...just now whenever I looked at the computer she was talking trying to engage me to look at her and talk back...so cute! Now she's nursing herself to sleep. She is still not sleeping much though...I think she just misses me and I miss her too but I also need sleep lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

Stephanie rode froggy legs out today, for the first trip out in her new sling! I think you just need to be extra super sure that the fabric goes right up under their knees and their knees are higher than their butt, so they have a nice deep pocket for their butt.

 

It's a good thing she went in the sling instead of the stroller today, because it was a really high needs school pick-up! First we started walking home and Roland showed me this neat coin he found on the playground. I told him we had to hand it in at the office and he really didn't want to. So we went back to school and the secretary taped it to a piece of paper with his name on it and if it's still there in two weeks he can have it back. Then we started walking home again and he told me he had to read a whole book tonight and do five book reports and he wasn't allowed to get the book so he couldn't even read it! He didn't want to go back and talk to his teacher, so I had to say he wasn't getting on his computer this week if we didn't, because he won't be doing his homework according to what he just said (he goes on the computer after he finishes homework each day) So back we went again, and he had ONE book report due, a math problem that hew as half-finished already, some multiplication sheets, and a completed goals sheet for me to sign. Some of that was because he missed half of last week because he was sick. After that we finally came home. He's not thrilled with me, but he'll be caught up by Friday and we'll go to the candy store for a treat. Phew!

 

Stephanie has grabby little hands! She's been pulling my hair for a few weeks and this morning Caitlin reported that she went for her glasses. I'm glad I had surgery a few years ago...  the other two drove me nuts with that! And she pinches, ouch! Maybe she'll start to take more interest in her toys now... I've been putting an empty paper towel roll over her arm when she's in her highchair, which keeps her pretty entertained. When she moves and it goes past wherever she's looking, she turns her head like "What was that?!"

Wow what a day! Good mama though making Roland take responsibility!

 

Naomi was reaching for the ty bar on the bouncy seat at daycare when I picked her up tonight - her hands were covered by mittens but she was batting the toys and getting all excited when they moved! I suppose I should put the toy bar on her bouncy seat at home (of course I enver remember to put her in it though lol)

 

 

post #95 of 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin0919 View Post

Oh man, Oscar was 13lbs at our 6 week check-up! He's been in 3-6 month stuff for a few weeks now. He's not only chunky though, he's LONG. He was 22.5 inches at birth and 9lbs. 3 oz so he started out big too. I haven't gotten him into the dr. for his 2-month check-up yet since we just moved a few weeks ago but once DH gets paid this week, I'll make an appointment to get him in. I'm very interested to find out where he's at as far as weight and length now. I was going to type up a big moving update but I'm supposed to meet a friend at Target in like 20 minutes and I haven't showered and DD and DS are so not ready to go anywhere. I'll be back!


Looking forward to hearing your update! N is just starting to go in some 3-6 also...she has really long legs!!!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwill View Post

My dog died last night.  She was hit by a car.  She wasn't even 4 yet.  I feel so sick.  She was my best friend in the whole world; but with the baby, I'd been giving her much less attention.  I wish so badly that I had given her some belly rubs yesterday instead of telling her to go to her spot.  


Oh I just want to squeeze (hug) you...I'm so sorry :-(

 

 

 

post #96 of 225

So is anyone leaving baby or anyone left baby for a Valentine's Day date with DH/SO? I am on the fence, but, I think I am going to leave her for a couple hours on Saturday so DH and I can actually go to the bar and have a drink, lunch, and play pool (though actually I realized its a smoke free bar so I could bring her...but I kinda just want to focus on my hubby!) I just feel kind of guilty that I want to leave her and also scared that I will worry and miss her the whole time!

 

I ran into my LC last night and she asked me to call the office and tell them who clipped N's tongue tie so I called today and talked to the other LC who was super excited of course but she also gave me some advice to see another speech pathologist (I already saw one and she has helped us a ton) and still thinks we should clip the lip tie so I'm going to try and convince DH. It will be hard though because she's certainly doing SOOOOOOO much better...but its kind of like, if I worked this hard for her I might as well go all the way! Also it was pretty cool because the LC I talked to today (we are extra close because she runs the support group) and she suggested I become a LC --- which is REALLY REALLY REALLY something I want to do and have already researched!; and she gave me several ideas on how I can get started! :-)

 

Oh and I had a slight natural mama failure but was very resourceful lol....I didn't wash diapers soon enough and ran out...but I realized one of the toddler's sposies worked for Naomi I just had to wrap the tabs half way around her body lol

 

Sidenote...anyone cook with quinoa? I'm really wanting to start doing this, I jsut tasted for the first time at birth circle the other night and it was so good and I want to learn some more recipes with it!

post #97 of 225


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post

 

Sidenote...anyone cook with quinoa? I'm really wanting to start doing this, I jsut tasted for the first time at birth circle the other night and it was so good and I want to learn some more recipes with it!



Love quinoa!   I've been cooking it for years.  Very versatile.  Just remember to rinse very thoroughly before cooking.  I actually soak for at least 4 hrs (or overnight), rinse again and let sprout for a few hours (very quick sprouter those lil grains are)!  One of my favorites is a tabbouli like salad, but sub quinoa for the cracked wheat that is normally used.  Add feta - yum.

post #98 of 225
Oh, cwill, I'm so sorry. I don't know what I would even do in your shoes. Like mummoth said, I'm sure she knew she was loved, even if things have been crazy at home since baby came. Be gentle with yourself - you're doing the best you can. <3
post #99 of 225

cwill ((HUGS))

post #100 of 225

Does anyone else has residual pain from birth? I'm almsot 10 weeks postpartum and my tailbone still hurts! :-/ I'm actually thinking about going back to my midwife to have it checked!

 

Also after Naomi's speech appointment we decided to get her lip tie clipped...amazingly my DH was totally fine with it, but, I am actually pretty nervous...the doctor said it would bleed a lot and I'm cringing thinking about it but both the speech therapist and the IBCLC believe that will bring Naomi to 100% (along with a little more suck training because her coordination is really behind) so I feel like its the right thing...I just keep second guessing myself for the past several hours since I made the appointment though! *sigh* Its so hard being a mommy and having to make decisions for little people that can't do so themselves!

 

Oh and thanks for the tip on the quinoa...I am totally new to it but really excited!

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: December 2011 Birth Club
Mothering › Groups › December 2011 Birth Club › Discussions › January 29th - ???!