Found a dental sealant that is BPA free.... Embrace WetBond... my brother and I had sealants growing up and neither one of us have ever had a cavity... we're 34 and 32.... while I'm not suggesting this is entirely from having sealants I am wondering if that did have an impact. Now that a couple of my kids are getting to the age where they can have them put on I'm questioning whether or not to do it. Since I've discovered this brand I'm def. leaning toward putting them on... just wanted to see thoughts, opinions of others, have you seen this product or used it? I'm thinking if a cavity does pop up in the future it will need to be filled and in that situation you would be putting a product in that has BPA... so I'm wondering if this is a good step towards trying to avoid that alternative...
- topicDentaltagged by System, 1/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Reversing dental decay with Xylitol in toddlers? Post surgery care? Last post on 12/1/13 at 8:48pm in Dental
- Please Help! 5 year old with first cavity Last post on 11/24/13 at 8:15pm in Dental
- Remineralization ? Last post on 12/6/13 at 2:59pm in Dental
- What is the procedure of tooth extractions for a 2-3 year old? Last post on 10/10/13 at 11:36pm in Dental
- Studies About Holistic Dental Care Last post on 12/7/13 at 10:45pm in Dental
The Thinking Parent's Dilemma; or, Another Dentist Refuses to...
Last edited: 3/13/13
- Difficulties at the DentistLast edited: 3/14/13
- Difficulties at the Dentist
BPA-free dental sealant... thoughts?
They have BPA-free biocompatiblecomposite material now so really I think I would just pass on the unnecessary $$sealants and make sure their diet is good with healthy amounts of Grassfed meats, butter, eggs, dairy, fish and Vit D and have good brushing habits. And if something does happen and they do need fillings just request the diamond lite material.
I think I would just pass on the unnecessary $$sealants and make sure their diet is good with healthy amounts of Grassfed meats, butter, eggs, dairy, fish and Vit D and have good brushing habits. And if something does happen and they do need fillings just request the diamond lite material.
What if insurance would cover the cost 100%? Would you still recommend skipping them?
I just took both boys to the dentist today and the dentist was talking to me about putting sealants on DS1's 4 molars. She said it was totally up to me and that she usually recommends them for younger kids (around 5-6) to help prevent cavities, but since DS1 is already 8 1/2 and has never had a cavity and based on his exam said it looks like he has great dental hygeine she said it would be totally optional and up to me. We already eat grassfed beef, cheese, and butter and take vitamin D so I think that probably plays a big role, but I did have her look it up and our insurance would cover the cost of sealants completely (no copay or anything). I told her I'd do some research and make a decision later.
I would definately want to make sure they were BPA-free though. Didn't think about that at all.
- › Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! 34 minutes ago
- › Legal Advice Needed Fighting 50/50 Child Custody (Pennsylvania) 46 minutes ago
- › Keeping baby #2 safe in a house with a curious toddler 55 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread 59 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › MIL Cut Little Man's Hair! 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Subchorionic hematoma 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › Not so good news- enlarged yolk sac 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › No heartbeat. Gone. 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Polar Express by Alyssa Eisner
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo