Found a dental sealant that is BPA free.... Embrace WetBond... my brother and I had sealants growing up and neither one of us have ever had a cavity... we're 34 and 32.... while I'm not suggesting this is entirely from having sealants I am wondering if that did have an impact. Now that a couple of my kids are getting to the age where they can have them put on I'm questioning whether or not to do it. Since I've discovered this brand I'm def. leaning toward putting them on... just wanted to see thoughts, opinions of others, have you seen this product or used it? I'm thinking if a cavity does pop up in the future it will need to be filled and in that situation you would be putting a product in that has BPA... so I'm wondering if this is a good step towards trying to avoid that alternative...
- topicDentaltagged by System, 1/30/12
Related Forum Threads
- Lip tie, decay, remineralizing & WAPF diet.....help! Last post on 2/20/14 at 9:44pm in Dental
- Coconut oil? Last post on 1/31/14 at 9:35pm in Dental
- Is there a way to remove dental sealants? Last post on 1/21/14 at 5:23pm in Dental
- CEREC versus white filling Last post on 1/16/14 at 5:10am in Dental
- Please help! 15 month old with black stains on teeth Last post on 1/9/14 at 10:04pm in Dental
The Thinking Parent's Dilemma; or, Another Dentist Refuses to...
Last edited: 3/13/13
- Difficulties at the DentistLast edited: 3/14/13
- Difficulties at the Dentist
BPA-free dental sealant... thoughts?
They have BPA-free biocompatiblecomposite material now so really I think I would just pass on the unnecessary $$sealants and make sure their diet is good with healthy amounts of Grassfed meats, butter, eggs, dairy, fish and Vit D and have good brushing habits. And if something does happen and they do need fillings just request the diamond lite material.
I think I would just pass on the unnecessary $$sealants and make sure their diet is good with healthy amounts of Grassfed meats, butter, eggs, dairy, fish and Vit D and have good brushing habits. And if something does happen and they do need fillings just request the diamond lite material.
What if insurance would cover the cost 100%? Would you still recommend skipping them?
I just took both boys to the dentist today and the dentist was talking to me about putting sealants on DS1's 4 molars. She said it was totally up to me and that she usually recommends them for younger kids (around 5-6) to help prevent cavities, but since DS1 is already 8 1/2 and has never had a cavity and based on his exam said it looks like he has great dental hygeine she said it would be totally optional and up to me. We already eat grassfed beef, cheese, and butter and take vitamin D so I think that probably plays a big role, but I did have her look it up and our insurance would cover the cost of sealants completely (no copay or anything). I told her I'd do some research and make a decision later.
I would definately want to make sure they were BPA-free though. Didn't think about that at all.
- › Anyone get feelings like contractions? 2 minutes ago
- › Question for Bradley Method Instructors 2 minutes ago
- › Adoptive & Foster Parents: I want your opinion on family diversity... 2 minutes ago
- › 2014 Low Income Support Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Postpartum Thread! 18 minutes ago
- › good news bad news 19 minutes ago
- › JK Rowling, keep your regrets to yourself! 20 minutes ago
- › ovarian cyst causing cramps? How long does it last? 21 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 21 minutes ago
- › Confessions 23 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea