or Connect
Mothering › Groups › November 2011 Due Date Club › Discussions › February Chit Chat

February Chit Chat - Page 9

post #161 of 543
Thread Starter 

My dd was only 14 pounds when she was a year old.  All kinds of normal!

post #162 of 543
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post

 

 

Becky, how are you?  You've been quiet lately. 
 

 

 


She left us!  mecry.gif  She had the admins delete her account so that she would cut down on internet time.  She's still on FB.

post #163 of 543

Wow, I missed that. 

post #164 of 543
Thread Starter 

No, we all did.  She didn't say anything-  just left. 

post #165 of 543

:(
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

No, we all did.  She didn't say anything-  just left. 



 

post #166 of 543

Wow, that seems drastic! I'd die without you all to help knock some sense into my thick skull!! kid.gif

post #167 of 543
Thread Starter 

I know!  At this point I'd probably give up FB before MDC if I had to make a choice!

post #168 of 543

Hey Ladies!

 

A few days ago I totally scored at Goodwill.  I was able to buy Storm 3 shirts, 3 pants, 1 sweater, 1 hoodie...Plus, 4 Large wool sweaters for longies.  My total was less than $20. I am so grateful for GW!

 

Daddy loving our baby boy / Stormy sporting his 100% made with mama love longies

 

083.JPG

 

 

 

 

 

post #169 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaLady View Post


People keep making comments about Rhyko being a 'newborn', too ... despite the fact that he is 16 pounds and almost five months old! I think people forget what a newborn actually looks like or something ! lol.gif

 

That's funny, because all the comments I get are people who think Éowyn is older then she actually is, at 6 weeks I had people astounded that she was holding her head up, and she was the floppiest of all of mine.
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post

I actually love comparing babies. Not like mine are smart or athletic but I love to see how different they are. 

 

My oldest almost crawled off a table the day he was born, do I get points for that?



lol.gif



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post


 


She left us!  mecry.gif  She had the admins delete her account so that she would cut down on internet time.  She's still on FB.


:( Lame.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

I know!  At this point I'd probably give up FB before MDC if I had to make a choice!


Yeah, me too, although I think spend more time on FB then MDC

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2sage View Post

Hey Ladies!

 

A few days ago I totally scored at Goodwill.  I was able to buy Storm 3 shirts, 3 pants, 1 sweater, 1 hoodie...Plus, 4 Large wool sweaters for longies.  My total was less than $20. I am so grateful for GW!

 

Daddy loving our baby boy / Stormy sporting his 100% made with mama love longies

 

083.JPG

 

 

 

 

Those are super cute!



 

post #170 of 543

A friend of mine posted this on FB, thought I'd share!!

 

423659_921913556373_69203552_39536643_768006243_n.jpg

post #171 of 543
Thread Starter 

Christina, I love that pic!  It's all over my FB and I tried to share it on Becky's FB page b/c I figured she'd appreciate it with all the lactivism she's been doing.  That's how I found out she'd left MDC. 

post #172 of 543

Talk about a bad start to my morning... DH took care of diaper duty last night and must've sleepily put the baby's diaper on wrong before he handed her to me to feed her in bed around 5:30am. I had her sleep next to me for the last hour of sleep and woke up to a huge puddle of pee just soaked through her sleeper and the sheet underneath her. Thankfully I have a mattress pad on our bed so it didn't get through to the mattress, but it still sucked having to do so much laundry right away. Her diaper wasn't even covering her butt. Grrrr! I know it was a total accident but I kind of made DH feel like crap. crap.gif Too bad it was a night when I got very little sleep and the baby was up three times to eat (more than usual). DH isn't gonna win any battles today, LOL. Poor guy.

post #173 of 543

You're officially a parent now!  winky.gif  We've all btdt and survived to tell the story!  Ha ha ha.  lol.gif  I hate waking up in a puddle of pee, it totally sucks.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdhappy85 View Post

Talk about a bad start to my morning... DH took care of diaper duty last night and must've sleepily put the baby's diaper on wrong before he handed her to me to feed her in bed around 5:30am. I had her sleep next to me for the last hour of sleep and woke up to a huge puddle of pee just soaked through her sleeper and the sheet underneath her. Thankfully I have a mattress pad on our bed so it didn't get through to the mattress, but it still sucked having to do so much laundry right away. Her diaper wasn't even covering her butt. Grrrr! I know it was a total accident but I kind of made DH feel like crap. crap.gif Too bad it was a night when I got very little sleep and the baby was up three times to eat (more than usual). DH isn't gonna win any battles today, LOL. Poor guy.



 

post #174 of 543

Sora got back at her daddy for me. She had the worst blow-out yet and I had to point out to DH that he had poo soaked through his shirt, shorts, and down to his underwear. ROTFLMAO.gif He took it in stride, but it was still hilarious. I love my baby........ LOL!

post #175 of 543

Shorts?!?  It's cold here!

 

 If it makes you feel any better, I put a diaper on wrong once and Shay peed ON MY STOMACH. And it was no where near morning. 

post #176 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimee View Post

banghead.gif   Why do they make kids toothpaste that says "call poison control right away" if more than the amount used to brush teeth is swallowed?!  How is that safe for kids?!  Why do dentists give this crap out?!  We do not use it for our kids, but dd had a sample tube from her dentist appointment stashed in her room and guess who found it and ate some in the 5 minutes he was upstairs alone while I changed the baby?!!  I don't know how much he ate, but I'm afraid this will be a repeat of the styrofoam eating incident!  Should I be concerned?


My son ate almost a whole tube once. We don't use flouride toothpaste but he had gotten a tube at the dentist and we were driving home from that and he just sat back there happily eating away! argh. No ill effects.

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2sage View Post

Hey Ladies!

 

A few days ago I totally scored at Goodwill.  I was able to buy Storm 3 shirts, 3 pants, 1 sweater, 1 hoodie...Plus, 4 Large wool sweaters for longies.  My total was less than $20. I am so grateful for GW!

 

Daddy loving our baby boy / Stormy sporting his 100% made with mama love longies

 

083.JPG

 

 

 

 

 



love those pants!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by birdhappy85 View Post

Sora got back at her daddy for me. She had the worst blow-out yet and I had to point out to DH that he had poo soaked through his shirt, shorts, and down to his underwear. ROTFLMAO.gif He took it in stride, but it was still hilarious. I love my baby........ LOL!


hah hah!

 

post #177 of 543
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdhappy85 View Post

Sora got back at her daddy for me. She had the worst blow-out yet and I had to point out to DH that he had poo soaked through his shirt, shorts, and down to his underwear. ROTFLMAO.gif He took it in stride, but it was still hilarious. I love my baby........ LOL!



lol.gif  I undressed Bettie for her bath and asked DH to hold her while I got it ready today...and she not only peed on him, but puked down his back.  Hehe.

post #178 of 543
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaliShanti View Post


My son ate almost a whole tube once. We don't use flouride toothpaste but he had gotten a tube at the dentist and we were driving home from that and he just sat back there happily eating away! argh. No ill effects.

 

Good to hear.  Ds1 seems fine- no vomiting at all.  I really don't think he ate a "large" amount, but after the styrofoam I was a bit paranoid.

 

Michelle, those pants are adorable!

post #179 of 543

I'm gonna jinx myself by saying this but we've only had one poop explosion that required an immediate change of outfits (mine AND KJ's) and bedsheets.  She pooped in the bathtub once, but she was only about 5 or 6 days old (her umbilical stump fell off at 4 days old).  She was in the bath with DH and they both had to hurry out, but it wasn't a big deal.  The other night, though, she turned her head as if to nestle it into my chest and promptly puked about a gallon of milk all over me.  I was kind of paralyzed for a second.

 

I can't figure out if we're experiencing a sleep regression here or what.  KJ sleeps well from about 9 or 9:30pm until 2 or 2:30am.  Then she is just squirmy, grunty, and fussy the rest of the night.  I nurse her, she falls back asleep, and she sleeps in a little 10, 15, or 20-minute spurt, then we repeat until the morning (like 8am).  Of course, I don't sleep a wink during this time (when I wake up it takes me a LONG time to fall asleep, no matter what time it is/how tired I am).  There have been a couple times I've left to go to the bathroom while she's squirming/grunting and when I get back she's calm.  Then I get back in bed and she's fidgety again.  Could it be that she would sleep better without me?  Should DH be between me and her (I know this is a cosleeping no-no, but I'm troubleshooting here)?  I feel at a loss...

 

My other thought is that she may be gassy, cause she farts a lot (omg it's so cute, how is that so cute) while she's squirming.  I have gripe water but am nervous about the ingredients (fructose, etc).  Does that work for you ladies?  Should I just chill out and try it?  Maybe she has an allergy to something, but I'm already vegan/gluten-free/sugar-free.  Maybe I can take out soy?  Is that a culprit for a lot of babies?

 

Thoughts?

post #180 of 543

Katie, Shay is more restless in the early morning, too. He will wiggle a ton in his sleep. He has to pee and he usually poops at 5 or 6. I potty him and go back to sleep, but I think the stage will pass soon if you don't. 

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: November 2011 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › November 2011 Due Date Club › Discussions › February Chit Chat