I thought you were going in for betas.... no? But no more spotting- that's good!
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Research Study for Ladies Trying to Conceive-We Need Your Help!! Last post on Yesterday at 12:17 pm in Trying To Conceive
- is this positive (CD 14) Last post on Yesterday at 8:34 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Negative pregnancy test, late period and home birth questions Last post on Yesterday at 6:36 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Could it be pregnacy? or what? Last post on Yesterday at 12:28 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Intro & My Cycle Update Last post on 5/18/13 at 9:34pm in Trying To Conceive
What do you know about chemical pregnancies? Does BF contribute to weird symptoms including... - Page 2
I haven't called my MW after the test being positive again Monday. I am just crossing my fingers. I see her in a couple of weeks and we'll run tests then!
oh, and I figure I feel pregnant now...
spotted again last night. My MW doesn't want to send me to have my levels done, she says there's really nothing you can change from them anyways. I tend to agree with her, though I'd like to know if this is a sticky baby or not SOMEHOW!
Yeah, it can be a tough decision. You could find it encouraging to see nice doubling times despite spotting, so it could help you relax. Or if the doubling time is not so great you could prepare yourself. Alternatively, they could drive you a bit crazy. It really depends on the type of personality you have. You know yourself best, so if you think that knowing would be emotionally helpful then press to get them done. Otherwise, it's a waiting game until you hear that heart beat. Sending sticky thoughts your way!
Agreed! I had the levels done because after the first chemical I just had to know - but that is also my personality (I tend to be fairly impatient with medical results and have a serious need for information so I know what I'm dealing with - whether with illness or even the sex of our baby). If you can find peace in waiting, I absolutely applaud you!
On the other hand, if the waiting-in-limbo is driving you crazy, the tests certainly won't hurt, and could help you emotionally and mentally (no matter what they say, by freeing up your energy from constant wondering. Then you'll know whether to relax and celebrate...or in the worst case, it can help you shift gears back to optimisticly TTC - for me, this gave me a goal to return to, which helped with the disappointment).
Do whatever feels right to you! Also sending positive "sticky" thoughts your way, and peace for you, mama!
One last note - if you've DTD recently, that could explain the spotting. I completely panicked when I had spotting with DS after the chemical, but that's all it was, due to a more sensitive cervix. Good luck!
I actually had a touch of norovirus (or something) that my daughter has had all week- TMI but I had a bit of diarrhea that day a couple of times and in the middle of the night once, and a bunch of red blood just poured out of me that time, though it probably wasn't as much as it looked like. It didn't even show up on the third wipe of looking for it. Next day I could wipe a touch of old, brown blood but that was it. No more spotting or anything and my morning sickness and other symptoms continue to worsen... I can be zen about this... really... lol... though I just don't remember having cramps like this with DD. They are light but so frequent...and have been since conception.
Often second time moms notice symptoms earlier b/c you know what to expect and with a toddler to chase after things can feel harder and worse. Plus things might feel more intense b/c the body is generally weaker the second time around. The uterus is often more excitable, too, with subsequent pregnancies. I definitely had more Braxton Hicks and more prodromal labor with my subsequent two pregnancies.
But with the blood and the cramping, I think that I would go get betas done... that's just me though.
- What do you know about chemical pregnancies? Does BF contribute to weird symptoms including spotting?
- › How are you feeling? 45 seconds ago
- › May Chat Thread! 56 seconds ago
- › Single and homeschooling? 2 minutes ago
- › Great books for summer reading? 2 minutes ago
- › the bf thread 3 minutes ago
- › First post-birth meal or snack 4 minutes ago
- › Pagan Families - *May* we celebrate together 6 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chat Thread 8 minutes ago
- › does have one have cicadas? 12 minutes ago
- › Doula- do or don't? 14 minutes ago
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Lansinoh 20435 Breastmilk Storage Bags, 25-Count Boxes (Pack of 3) by KaliShanti
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo