Like during which decade?
Related Forum Threads
- How old were you when you had your first baby? Last post on Yesterday at 6:12 pm in Birth and Beyond
- I'm Refusing All U/S.. Last post on 5/9/13 at 5:09am in I'm Pregnant
- Everything smells rotten and disgusting Last post on 5/7/13 at 11:08am in I'm Pregnant
- Just Got Chewed Out During my Appt... And Walked Out Last post on 5/18/13 at 2:08am in I'm Pregnant
- 5+ years between pregnancies questions.... Last post on 4/28/13 at 11:18am in I'm Pregnant
Join a Due Date Club!
Edited on 5/3/13
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean RateEdited on 2/1/13
- New Mama Survival Guide: Simple Tips for Going NaturalEdited on 11/15/12
- Let the Baby Decide: The Case Against Inducing LaborEdited on 3/18/13
- Guest Blogger Jenna Hull on The "Due Date" ThingEdited on 4/7/13
When did induction for a late baby become common?post #2 of 72/5/12 at 3:36pm
I'm interested to know as well.
I know that my DP is 36 and his mother was induced with him. Of course, he was due in late July and was actually born 8/20, so they certainly didn't induce at 40 weeks! My oldest brother (born 1960) was "three weeks" late. My mom had very long cycles, though, so I think he was probably pretty close to on time (he was 6 lbs even). I think that is one reason that induction has become more common--- there is a *better* chance that people know closer to their "real" due date (though even early ultrasounds can be up to a week off). Additionally, of course, there are just more medicalized options.
I hope someone knows!post #3 of 72/5/12 at 3:49pmpost #4 of 72/5/12 at 3:50pmpost #5 of 72/12/12 at 9:50ampost #6 of 72/13/12 at 9:28am
I have looked and have yet to find anything that seperates induction rates by due date.
I have found that inductions increased dramatically from the late 1980s on.Quote:According to the National Center for Health Statistics, the rate of inductions was 9.5% in 1990. In 2003, the rate more than doubled to reach 20.6%. There is reason to believe that the most current labor induction rates might, in fact, be under-reported. According to a 1999 review of 7,000 consecutive inductions, published in the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology, (the Green Journal) the number of labor inductions may be closer to 40% in some community hospitals.
Read more at Suite101: Labor Inductions on the Rise: Part 1 - Exploring the Reasons for Increasing Inductions Today | Suite101.com http://brendalane.suite101.com/labor-inductions-on-the-rise-a5124#ixzz1mHfaPZGFQuote:From 1989 to 2002, the rate of labor induction in American women has more than doubled.
- When did induction for a late baby become common?
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean Rate
- › Ipad for homeschooling 7 minutes ago
- › Do Cesareans limit your family size? 20 minutes ago
- › ~+~+~+~+~ May 2013 Chat *~*~*~*~* 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions: May 2013 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › is this positive (CD 14) 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Need advice- obsessed Grandma causing problems 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › April 2013 Book Challenge 1 hour, 57 minutes ago
- › Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition 2 hours ago
- › Summer Homeschooling? Are you doing any? 2 hours, 12 minutes ago
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Lansinoh 20435 Breastmilk Storage Bags, 25-Count Boxes (Pack of 3) by KaliShanti
- › Medela Pump and Save Storage Bags- 20-count by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by KaliShanti
- › Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Breast Pump by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT BPA Free Natural Polypropylene Bottles by KaliShanti
- › Gilligan & O'Malley® Womens Full Sling Long Nursing Tank by KaliShanti
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo