Please report your reaction through vaers! You can do it yourself, you don't have to get your doctor to do it for you.
- topicVaccinationstagged by System, 2/7/12
Related Forum Threads
- Some interesting articles to be read ... for those with time. Last post on Yesterday at 6:27 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- LOVE........... & cholera Last post on Yesterday at 5:55 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Pictures Used to Warn Parents Last post on Today at 2:54 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- More Ontario mandatory vaxxes Last post on Yesterday at 4:05 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Your Child is Vaccine Injured– Just Like Mine Last post on 4/16/14 at 5:46pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 12/26/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesLast edited: 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentLast edited: 3/8/13
Could this be an MMR or Varicella vaccine reaction? Frustrated, confused mom here. - Page 2post #22 of 234/26/12 at 8:58am
I have no idea if her illness is a reaction or a coincidence. Time may tell - and I hope your little one is feeling better.
For the future - please consider splitting up the MMR and CP vaccine - they are safer done separately
Also research whether to give tylenol and the like before and after a vaccine - many minds say "no."
Welcome to MDC!
kathypost #23 of 2312/17/13 at 10:48pm
I hope your child did get well. I am posting this information for others who like me who read your post. I cannot believe that they wouldn't tell you the ingredients of the vaccine particularly when you stated your child had an egg allergy. Parents, please research and ask what exactly is in the vaccine as not all children should get vaccines at the suggested age or at all if they have allergies.
MMR contains egg. As your child is allergic to eggs it does not take a scientist just a concerned mum to put 2 and 2 together that the vaccine most likely caused the reaction.
The package insert of the MMR II (Merck 2009) reads in part: "Live measles vaccine and live mumps vaccine are produced in chick embryo cells culture. Persons with a history of anaphylactic, anaphylactoid or other immediate reactions (e.g., hives, swelling of the mouth and throat, difficulty breathing, hypotension, or shock) subsequent to egg ingestion may be at an enhanced risk of immediate-type hypersensitivity reactions after receiving vaccines containing traces of chick embryo antigen. The potential risk to benefit ratio should be carefully evaluated before considering vaccination in such cases. Such individuals may be vaccinated with extreme caution, having adequate treatment on hand should a reaction occur.
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › Mothering Flash Mob - Saturday 4/19! 4 minutes ago
- › Waiting for the sickness to start. . . 5 minutes ago
- › Vinyl Collecting 5 minutes ago
- › weight gain and weeks pregnant 9 minutes ago
- › 18.5 week anatomy scan of our wee owlet! 18 minutes ago
- › Due Date Roll Call! 20 minutes ago
- › Nursing Mama's TTC - April 2014 20 minutes ago
- › Nomadic, Boho, Vegan, Witchy Mama of 2 & TTC 22 minutes ago
- › Unassisted birth and legal concerns 23 minutes ago
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 24 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool