Please report your reaction through vaers! You can do it yourself, you don't have to get your doctor to do it for you.
- topicVaccinationstagged by System, 2/7/12
Related Forum Threads
- "Vaccines are Safer than the Illnesses they Prevent" Last post on Today at 7:47 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Anyone have any ideas for my dilemma? Last post on Yesterday at 7:43 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- How the CDC (and Dorit Reiss) Hyped Risk of Childhood Hep B Infection by 50-Fold to Push Vaccines Last post on Yesterday at 7:36 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Just walk away.... Last post on Yesterday at 10:03 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Measles in CA Last post on Yesterday at 5:36 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 12/26/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesLast edited: 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentLast edited: 3/8/13
Could this be an MMR or Varicella vaccine reaction? Frustrated, confused mom here. - Page 2post #22 of 234/26/12 at 8:58am
I have no idea if her illness is a reaction or a coincidence. Time may tell - and I hope your little one is feeling better.
For the future - please consider splitting up the MMR and CP vaccine - they are safer done separately
Also research whether to give tylenol and the like before and after a vaccine - many minds say "no."
Welcome to MDC!
kathypost #23 of 2312/17/13 at 10:48pm
I hope your child did get well. I am posting this information for others who like me who read your post. I cannot believe that they wouldn't tell you the ingredients of the vaccine particularly when you stated your child had an egg allergy. Parents, please research and ask what exactly is in the vaccine as not all children should get vaccines at the suggested age or at all if they have allergies.
MMR contains egg. As your child is allergic to eggs it does not take a scientist just a concerned mum to put 2 and 2 together that the vaccine most likely caused the reaction.
The package insert of the MMR II (Merck 2009) reads in part: "Live measles vaccine and live mumps vaccine are produced in chick embryo cells culture. Persons with a history of anaphylactic, anaphylactoid or other immediate reactions (e.g., hives, swelling of the mouth and throat, difficulty breathing, hypotension, or shock) subsequent to egg ingestion may be at an enhanced risk of immediate-type hypersensitivity reactions after receiving vaccines containing traces of chick embryo antigen. The potential risk to benefit ratio should be carefully evaluated before considering vaccination in such cases. Such individuals may be vaccinated with extreme caution, having adequate treatment on hand should a reaction occur.
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › "Here Comes the Judgment" 1 minute ago
- › What's next mom?? 1 minute ago
- › How far along could I be? 2 minutes ago
- › Gifted class or cluster grouping: pros and cons 13 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Wolf Moon 13 minutes ago
- › Navigating the early days of childhood anxiety/ depression 17 minutes ago
- › Retractable 8y.o. Does he need to dry it?? 17 minutes ago
- › Confessions 18 minutes ago
- › Interesting article on Sushi... 19 minutes ago
- › Looking for support and advice for dealing with a "spirited" baby 19 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher