I am due July 2nd, my MW will be out of town like the 10th for a week or something like that. I went two weeks over with my son (2nd pregnancy) and had my daughter (3rd pregnancy) on her due date. I do NOT go early. My due date is the soonest I have ever had a baby. My MW wants to use castor oil if I haven't started labor by a few days after my due date! I don't like that idea. I have no issue trying castor oil a week or so past. But not directly after my due date. And I think it should be MY decision and idea.....not my MW. I don't want the cramps and running to the bathroom. I induced myself with my son, because it was either that or go to the hospital for pitocin. I made the choice for myself with my MW's support (different MW back then).
In every other way I like her and trust her. But I don't want to go thru my pregnancy with this lingering issue that may arise.... what would you do? Another concern is I am not comfortable with her being out of town so soon after I have my daughter. What if I need to go to the hospital for something (breast infection, something wrong with the baby, etc etc)....she won't be there to support me (being an advocate for me with the hospital staff). What if I have nursing issues and need help?
It hasn't been the easiest task to find a midwife I trust and like as much as her...ugh