So I really want to expand the menu options for my daughter who has egg, tree nut, peanut allergies. But the problem is I don't really like to cook, I'm more of a baker. Does anyone have any helpful-easy recipes that they can share? Vegetarian meals would be fun as well since she's not picky.
Related Forum Threads
- Any value in allergy testing for eczema? Last post on 5/17/13 at 6:11am in Allergies
- Most people say spitting up is normal, but... Last post on 5/17/13 at 9:40am in Allergies
- Allergy to Beets Last post on 5/13/13 at 6:37pm in Allergies
- How to start healing the gut? Last post on 5/17/13 at 6:13am in Allergies
- How long until dairy leaves your system? Last post on 5/8/13 at 5:36am in Allergies
What sort of dishes are you looking for? Breakfast, lunch, dinner? Snacks? Desserts? Do you like all-American dishes, or prefer ethnic flavors? Do you like spicy foods or simple flavors?
There are plenty of simple dishes that you can make that require little effort. I love to cook so I love to experiment with all kinds of different techniques (pan frying, making soups and stews, roasting, etc.) but on days I just don't want to be bothered, I throw some stuff into the slow cooker and let it roast - mostly meat, but you can do that with vegetables as well.
I wouldn't look at what you can't cook, I would look at what I can. With those allergies, you can still use most basic ingredients. As long as you avoid processed foods (which might have those ingredients in them) you can make just about anything.
- Menu Help!!
- › Life of Fred - Question about starting as a 4th grader. 13 minutes ago
- › Year round window box suggestions 15 minutes ago
- › How did you pay for your homebirth? 32 minutes ago
- › Carrier addiction- fun thread! 40 minutes ago
- › Can you remove your IUD at home? YES! You can! 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Weekly Chat --May 20-26 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Baby names....anyone brainstorming? 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › 52 Project Challenge, 2013 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Trilingual - questions about how and choosing the third language 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Introductions! 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Why We Homeschool by Sheryl Paul
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf