IgE result for my son is 463. Lab said it should be lower. What is normal? What should it be? What is your child's IgE? Does your child have allergies?
Related Forum Threads
- Any value in allergy testing for eczema? Last post on 5/17/13 at 6:11am in Allergies
- Most people say spitting up is normal, but... Last post on 5/17/13 at 9:40am in Allergies
- Allergy to Beets Last post on 5/13/13 at 6:37pm in Allergies
- How to start healing the gut? Last post on 5/17/13 at 6:13am in Allergies
- How long until dairy leaves your system? Last post on 5/8/13 at 5:36am in Allergies
My son's IgE is 463? What does this mean? What is normal? What is your child's IgE?
It depends on the lab and what they ran. They each have different reference ranges so it's hard to tell how far out of the range that is. You should always ask for a copy of the results to have for your records and then you can see for yourself how far out of that lab's range it is (the lab gives the result as well as the range, and most of them make it clear which ones are out of range--sometimes marking them with an asterisk or putting the result in a different column so the Dr. can just scan down a single column and stop where there's a number).
When you say it "should be lower" does the lab mean that the test needs to be repeated? Or simply that the results are shockingly high but probably accurate?
- My son's IgE is 463? What does this mean? What is normal? What is your child's IgE?
- › Spring/Summer 2013 Pregnant Bajingos - Having #1 in our 30s 12 seconds ago
- › Queer Conceptions: May 2013 2 minutes ago
- › ~+~+~+~+~ May 2013 Chat *~*~*~*~* 9 minutes ago
- › when relocating do you ask for an exemption before you move? 10 minutes ago
- › Need advice- obsessed Grandma causing problems 12 minutes ago
- › stress and vaccination 14 minutes ago
- › Baby names....anyone brainstorming? 45 minutes ago
- › Carrier addiction- fun thread! 51 minutes ago
- › Ipad for homeschooling 53 minutes ago
- › Would you risk sedation for an MRI in this situation? 54 minutes ago
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo