- topicMothering Helptagged by System, 2/10/12
Related Forum Threads
- books/tv forum Last post on 4/16/14 at 9:20pm in Site Help
- Where in the recipes' forums may I post a special chocolate recipe thread, Last post on 4/15/14 at 6:22am in Site Help
- how to manage my email alerts Last post on 4/10/14 at 8:41pm in Site Help
- Is there a stories/poetry/literary forum? Last post on 4/7/14 at 12:07am in Site Help
- Forum/posting rules and policies Last post on 4/5/14 at 5:18pm in Site Help
Joining Mothering Made Easy With Facebook Connect!
Last edited: 7/24/13
- Support Ribbons - What do they all mean?Last edited: 3/21/13
- Mothering Member Benefits
Stopped getting emai notificationspost #1 of 142/10/12 at 7:58amThread Starterpost #2 of 142/12/12 at 10:20am
As far as I can tell mail is being delivered through our system so I'm not sure what the issue might be for your email notifications. If it continues to occur you can report the issue via our feedback form so support can take a look: http://www.mothering.com/community/feedback
You should be able to change your settings directly in your account. We can't change it for you.
Go to Subscriptions and scroll down to the options where you can select a variety of settings choices. For threads you are already subscribed to you will have to manually set each of them or stop all subscriptions emails.
Stop All Subscriptions Email:
Press this button to change all your subscriptions to "site only - no email." Your site activity feed will still be customized with updates about your subscriptions, but you won't get any more subscription email.
Default for new subscriptions:
Subscriptions personalize your homepage activity feed and send updates to your email. You can customize the frequency of each subscription. Set your default for new subscriptions here:Default NewAutomaticImmediateDaily DigestWeekly DigestSite Only (no email)Don't SubscribeSite Only (no email) You will not receive email on this subscription, but its updates will appear in your personalized homepage activity feed.
Would you like to be asked to set the frequency on each new subscription?Don't ask me (check this box and we'll just use your default without popping up a dialog box every time)
Auto-pause immediate subscriptions?
Immediate notification subcriptions will automatically pause if you stop visiting the site for a while. This is designed to keep users from being overwhelmed by too much email. However, if you would like to guarantee delivery of all immediate notications whether you visit the site or not, you can set that preference here.Don't pause (check this box and your notifications will never be paused)
Subscribed Forums / Threads
Do you want to see all subscribed forums/threads or only those with new unread posts?Show all items from subscribed forums/threadsOnly show unread items from subscribed forums/threadspost #3 of 142/12/12 at 10:48amThread Starterpost #4 of 142/13/12 at 6:57amThread StarterI'm still not getting any emails except for the one from this thread so I've sent a message to Support. At least one other friend of mine on here says she's having the same problem. It's always happened periodically, but in the past, once I come back on and read or post to the thread, I start getting emails again. Not this time, though.post #5 of 142/14/12 at 10:10pmpost #6 of 142/15/12 at 7:51amThread Starterpost #7 of 142/18/12 at 7:47ampost #8 of 143/4/12 at 6:19pmpost #9 of 143/6/12 at 11:39ampost #10 of 143/6/12 at 2:10pm
Oh my goodness, I feel like an idiot. Your post reminded me that I had a spam folder and that I should check it. There they all were! It looks like several other email subscriptions I have have also been going into spam, too, and I'm not sure why. I will get it fixed, though! Thanks for your offer, I appreciate it!!post #11 of 143/7/12 at 7:46ampost #12 of 143/10/12 at 10:55ampost #13 of 143/12/12 at 11:31pmpost #14 of 143/14/12 at 9:54am
peedie please check your email and let me know about your subscription to this thread. :)
Edited to add: Never mind. I set one of my emails in your account and I am now receiving your subscriptions notifications. Here is a screenshot of the one to this thread I just received. So I'm fairly certain the issue is with your email settings in your email client or your email service provider.
- Support Ribbons - What do they all mean?
- › My dad passed away and I'm not handling it well 6 seconds ago
- › Splitting Expenses and Income- SAHM married 20 years 1 minute ago
- › April Unschooling Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Finding the right amount of structure 5 minutes ago
- › Hi everyone 13 minutes ago
- › Hello Friends :) 14 minutes ago
- › ~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~April 2014 16 minutes ago
- › It Could Have Been Me-- a tough but necessary reminder 16 minutes ago
- › ~~~The Belly Thread~~~ 36 minutes ago
- › Nursing mamas check in :) 38 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness