I need to decide if I will stay with the same midwife I had with DS or get a new one and it's stressing me out, I would love your input and thoughts
DH and I both loved our midwife, we love her balance of being natural and letting us make our own choices with being very cautious and safe. I had a very straight forward pregancy with DS and a great birth ( except being 2 weeks over due and ending up birthing in hospital after induction instead of a planned home birth) he was over 10 lbs and only a teeny, tiny tear, no drugs. Labored at home from 3-9pm and he was born at the hospital 1.5 hours later and we were home 12 hours later. I really feel she had a big part in it all going so well.
So heres the issue. We have since moved and she will not travel to our city (20-25 min away) which rules out the possibility of a homebirth this time. It also means that we will need to go to her after birth for all checkups (even though she would come to us for 2 weeks normaly)
I also would really love to have a home birth this time, and even if I didnt i'd like to be home within a few hours, neither of these things would be possible with her.
I am also nervous that I would not feel as comfortable with a new midwife, maybe I just lucked out finding a great one last time?
Do I stay with my midwife and give up my desire for a home birth or try and find a new one?