bebe - ugh, i know this is so anxiety provoking but truly, there are so so so so so many people who have spotting through their first trimester. you saw that lovely heartbeat. you have a healthy bean in there! on the upside... maybe the spotting will get you an extra u/s to see your little one a little sooner? big hugs to you
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 2/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone get BFP using IVF Donor sperm for home insemination? Last post on 4/15/14 at 3:29pm in Trying To Conceive
- Just started TTC! Has anyone not notice any symptoms right away, but ended being pregnant?! Last post on 4/13/14 at 8:15am in Trying To Conceive
- 13 dpo and trying to stay positive with a negative Last post on 4/11/14 at 1:26pm in Trying To Conceive
- First Response question: take apart, underside of plastic strip Last post on 4/12/14 at 2:03pm in Trying To Conceive
- Nursing Mama's TTC - April 2014 Last post on Today at 3:01 pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
Taking the Scenic Route...to a BFP - Page 74post #1461 of 221910/24/12 at 12:30pmpost #1462 of 221910/24/12 at 12:46pmbebe - I'm sorry you are going through a scare right now. I had some spotting with DD. It's super scary, but as Indie said, lot's and lot's of women spot during early pregnancy. I would call the RE or OB and ask them what to do. They will probably say nothing, but at least you'll have heard from a doc. Hang in there and big hugs to you.post #1463 of 221910/24/12 at 12:54pm
oh, skj, i just read the part about today being the due date from you m/c. i know you have to be feeling all kinds of things right now. i'm still wondering about the doubling time over all... since we don't have the exact numbers yet, we can't do any figuring but i am wondering if you just double closer to 72hours vs. 48?post #1464 of 221910/24/12 at 1:03pmOk. Here are the details. It's not looking good:
Thursday at 830am 53.4
Monday at 830am 161
Doubling time: 59.9 hours
Wednesday at 715 am 252
Doubling time 72.7 hours.
she said they like to see at least a 66% increase over two days. That would have meant 267. So, it's not super far off. I asked what my odds are and she said that it can go either way, but that we will know on Friday. If the numbers are slowing down, then I stop the crinone.post #1465 of 221910/24/12 at 1:12pm
ok, so i know we just won't know for sure until friday but i did find someone on the internets who posted this in a thread:Quote:
I had very weird, slow-rising betas, so I asked my RE a LOT of questions. He said that the minimum rise every 48 hours for a viable pregnancy is 59%.
this keeps me optimistic for youpost #1466 of 221910/24/12 at 1:20pmMy increase was less than 59% in 47 hours. It's about 57.7% So, not looking good. I've read countless stories of people being off the charts and still having a viable pregnancy. I think I'm taking the next two days off a work. I can't handle being there. And, DH is traveling this Thursday and Friday.post #1467 of 221910/24/12 at 1:24pmpost #1468 of 221910/24/12 at 1:28pmThanks Indie. I don't know what to think or feel. I don't want to get my hopes up, but I don't want to already mourn this pregnancy if it's not gone yet. I want so bad to be "that" person with the miracle story, but I just don't think I will be. I mean, I've not been very lucky so far on this IF road. And, I'm not sure what to do if this pg does't work out. Do I go on with injectibles or trust my body knows what to do? I know I don't need to decide any of this now, but I want to have a plan. The timing of this pg was going to be so perfect. How am I going to get back on the horse after this?post #1469 of 221910/24/12 at 1:41pm
i wish i had answers for you. you are in truest limbo until friday. i think the only thing you can do is meditate as much as possible. probably not the visualization meditations, since i'm guessing that will only increase your anxiety, but straight mindfulness meditation. just focus on your breath. practice being present with your dd. get immersed in an activity that forces the voices in your head to switch off and for your mind to focus . i know this sounds silly, but that game bejewled works wonders for me. it's almost hypnotizing. i can't have a racing mind and play that game.
as far as for future plans... if it helps for you to get a plan together, do it. but if it makes you feel worse to think about all those things, don't. you have time to figure it all out and you may not need to have a plan, anyway. we will be here to help you process that stuff if that time comes...post #1470 of 221910/24/12 at 2:07pmpost #1471 of 221910/24/12 at 3:47pmpost #1472 of 221910/24/12 at 3:48pmpost #1473 of 221910/24/12 at 3:59pmpost #1474 of 221910/24/12 at 4:12pmpost #1475 of 221910/24/12 at 5:38pm
Bebe - I cannot believe you went to the ER! I am so sure they are going to tell you that this is perfectly normal and you are going to leave with a new picture of your little bean. I spotted again yesterday. I think I overdid it at the gym. I've been spotting a little like you described like every week. I hope all is okay and that you rest up tonight.
SKJ _ I am holding onto hope for you too. I hope Friday gets here fast with good news.
Indie - thanks for keeping us all sane!!post #1476 of 221910/24/12 at 6:23pmThanks for the good wishes ladies. I've been reading that the benchmark is that hcg goes up by a least 60% every 2 days. That would mean that today's beta should have been at least 257.6. That would be for exactly 48 hours. My tests were about 46.75 hours apart. So, I think my number (252) probably falls within that range. So, I'm totally borderline. I read someone on the internet say that if the embryo is willing to hold on then so am I.
I know there is nothing I can do to change the outcome, but I'm going to keep the hope alive because why not.
Thanks so much for allowing me to process all this with you ladies.post #1477 of 221910/24/12 at 6:52pmpost #1478 of 221910/24/12 at 7:38pmpost #1479 of 221910/24/12 at 8:27pmpost #1480 of 221910/24/12 at 8:58pmHey you guys, sorry for the delay but everything is ok, at least right now. I started having cramping along with the spotting which is what made me go to the ER. I also didn't want to wait until my birthday on Fri, when I have my OB appt, to find out bad news. Thankfully ultrasound and beta were ok. Still have some weird stomach pains - more short and sharp now rather than crampy I think. I supposed to drink a ton of water and stay in bed for next two days. Probably just protocol but I'm doing it. Anyway, thanks for your messages and support and sorry to be such drama! I'll write more in the morning.
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 12 seconds ago
- › Organic maternity clothes? 26 seconds ago
- › Feminist Homeschoolers 5 minutes ago
- › The Fitness and Activity Thread! 8 minutes ago
- › 3 year old having a tough time. 9 minutes ago
- › Movement? 11 minutes ago
- › The Birth Center rejected me. :-( 12 minutes ago
- › Anyone else currently nursing? 15 minutes ago
- › Changing my discipline techniques... where do I learn about GD/CP? 16 minutes ago
- › Unassisted birth and legal concerns 20 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool