Sila - Yay for a hobbit hangover. I hope you had a blast. And, I hope you get a temp rise in the next day or two. Come on eggie!
bebe - sorry you are feeling crappy. I hope you are able to rest this weekend. That's so exciting that you'll be telling your dad in person. So great! I cannot wait for the gender announcement from you! So, so exciting! Are you feeling any movement yet? It's probably still really early for that.
AFm - Caution, the following may be very long.
Meeti with the RPL specialist. I LOVE the office. It's tiny compared to the other place. I was the only person there! The doc is this cute grandmotherly lady. She was very nice and asked all about my previous pregnancies. Then, she explained that there are 4 treatable categories that could be causing my losses. I don't remember them all, but the usual suspects like natural killer cells, anti-phospolipids, etc. And if none of those are to blame, it's crappy eggs. I'm sure I just butchered that list. So, she is having me and DH tested. I can't do the testing until my hcg is down to zero. She also wants to do a test where she'll check blood flow to my uterus. Then, once all the tests are in, we'll talk about what to do.
She did an u/s today to see if maybe I could have a D&C to test the embryo. I got to see my little bean on the screen. It was pretty amazing. It only measured 4 weeks and 4 days vs. a little over 5 weeks. So, it was nice to have some visual confirmation and closure. She said it only measured a few mm, so there wouldn't be anything gained from a D&C b/c the lab wouldn't be able to test something so small. I thought it was cool that she even investigated. And, their equipment is top of the line. Oh, and she said my ovaries don't match my low AMH. So, she's re-running it. But, I figure better that my AMH is low and my ovaries have a lot of follicles vs the other way around.
I had two test done - a cheek swab and a blood test. I'll have the blood flow u/s an rest of the blood work in a few weeks, assuming my hcg is down to zero.
Then, I went to see my RE. He said he wants to do the RPL panel on me. I believe that it is not as extensive as what the RPL doc suggested. I know if was only a blood test and not a cheek swab (DNA test). And, he didn't seem to care that my hcg wasn't zero, which made me suspicious. Then, regardless of the results, he thinks I should do a cycle on injectibles. Obviously if something is found with the RPL tests, I'll be treated for it, but he thinks my problem is that I have been having bad luck with crappy embryos and if we do injectibles, we'll have more targets. He did say that it would be reasonable for us to try on our own too, given our success. He thought my pregnancies were a great sign and said we can always do IVF with PGD, but he thinks that's more of a backup plan at this point.
So, I am totally confused on what to do exactly. I emailed the nurse at my RE's office to say that I want to hold off on the RPL testing b/c I don't want to think about all this over xmas (thanks Indie for the suggestion). The RE is ready to go with injectibles as soon as my hcg is zero. I think what I'd like to do is give my body a month off and do all the testing with the RPL specialist. This will allow me to gather all the information from the RPL doctor and determine if we should go for injectibles or just keep trying the old fashioned way. The down side to injectibles is the high risk of multiples. DH and I really don't want twins. I was so lured in by the idea of cycling again right away, but I think I really need to take a break. I also don't want a September baby b/c DD will be starting a new school then and I want to minimize major upheavals if I can. So, I think we will be on hiatus until January. I'm not sure if we will just NTNP or what.
Sorry for the novel