Related Forum Threads
- Anyone do Hib vaccine but NOT Prevnar? Last post on 12/5/13 at 5:15pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- If you are Selectivly chosing NOT to vaccinate for Chicken Pox...There is a National FB group... Last post on 12/4/13 at 9:56am in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- DTaP Scheduled: Nervous Last post on 11/30/13 at 2:09pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- non/selective vax friendly doctor Last post on 11/30/13 at 4:23am in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- Routine Hospital Shots for Newborns (VITAMIN K and HEPB)....HELP! Last post on 11/20/13 at 12:46pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 2/24/13
- Vaccination BooklistLast edited: 6/27/11
- Selectively Vaccinating For International TravelLast edited: 6/27/11
- Vaccine Exemption Information for All 50 States In The USLast edited: 1/18/13
Local Reaction from DTaPpost #1 of 52/18/12 at 4:37pmThread StarterOk, so we do our own thing with vaccination as I think many of you do. So, my experience is thus somewhat limited. Has anyone else's child had a huge lump after getting a vaccination? it is so huge, probably about 3-4 inches in diameter. It is red, warm to touch and hard. It is protruding out from her leg and looks just awful. Stupidly, I just spent 20 minutes looking for the spider that bit her. Then I remembered, oh yes, that shot was yesterday. My pediatrician says local reactions are common and recommends applying warm compresses. Thoughts? This is only her 2nd shot total and she is almost 17 mos.post #2 of 52/18/12 at 4:53pm
Yes, my son had that. He spent the next 8 months sick - on antibiotic after antibiotic, in and out of the doctor's office, trying to figure out why he couldn't stop coughing and why his digestive system was so messed up. At one point his doctor thought he had pertussis, but he tested negative.
I have read that reactions are more likely with subsequent doses of DTaP - my son had 4 doses without incident and then reacted to the 5th. So please consider that if you choose to get your daughter DTaP again.
I know they say these reactions are "normal", but I don't believe that means they are harmless, personally, and the reactions we don't see worry me.post #3 of 52/19/12 at 5:10amThread Starterpost #4 of 52/19/12 at 8:11amQuote:
He did eventually stop coughing in February, after getting the vaccine in early July and getting sick the week after the shot. His digestive system was still all messed up, and it looked on xray like his intestines were inflamed from all the coughing. I cut out dairy and there was an improvement, but he tested negative for all allergies on a blood test. After trialing back in dairy, I noticed a pattern and thought maybe it was lactose intolerance. That solved the problem completely - he can eat all the dairy he wants with Lactaid pills. :) Again, this is not a problem he had before the shot.
And again, I'm sure many will say that it was just a coincidence, but his pediatrician agrees that it was probably from the vaccine!post #5 of 52/19/12 at 9:55am
I have had this reaction myself, on 4 different occasions (but with different doctors). After the second time with the same doctor, I was told by that doctor not to get shots any more.
In all cases, there were other complications concurrent with the swelling. With the flu shot, it was severe upper respiratory problems .I had NEVER had problems before, and suddenly found myself with asthma, bronchitis, and, the second time, pleurisy. In both cases, I had grapefruit-sized, hot red lumps at the injection site.
In a previous case, I had 4 multi-vaccines at once (two of which caused only orange-sized, hot, red lumps), and had some major autoimmune issues beginning within days of the vaccines. One of those issues was celiac, which the rheumatologist said can be triggered by vaccines.
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › MIL Cut Little Man's Hair! 3 minutes ago
- › Holiday cookies - share your best recipe! 4 minutes ago
- › How are you staying sane? 4 minutes ago
- › What will your holiday meal be? I need suggestions! 6 minutes ago
- › How would you handle this? 7 minutes ago
- › Baby tub? 7 minutes ago
- › Good childbirth books needing a good home 9 minutes ago
- › Cloth Diaper Chat 11 minutes ago
- › I did it! 11 minutes ago
- › Not sure what to do 12 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo