When DS was 4 we noticed he coughed when he had several different tree nuts. He has asthma so we kept them out of his diet. A few months ago (he's now 7), he accidentally had pecan, and his lip and face swelled and complained that his throat felt itchy. It was relieved with Benadryl. We have an Epipen that our doctor prescribed just in case but we have never had any official allergy test.
He is homeschooled so we haven't had to address school issues before but he is going to be going to a co-op next fall twice a week, so I'm wondering whether I need to be worried about reactions to things people have touched that have nut residue on them or airborne exposure to nuts. He hasn't had this issue before, but I know nut allergies can escalate. What test would best assess his nut allergy?