I'm planning on getting a Diva cup and wondering how I need to clean it. Do I need to buy that special Diva Cup cleaning wash?
- categoryNatural Body Caretagged by System, 2/19/12
Related Forum Threads
- Question about periods and insulin Last post on 3/14/14 at 7:37pm in Natural Body Care
- At what point do you decide natural remedies aren't working? Last post on 3/6/14 at 7:07am in Natural Body Care
- Natural Deodorant - Aluminum free - No Hydrogenated Oils - No Parabens Last post on 3/4/14 at 3:22pm in Natural Body Care
- Supplements for osteoarthritis? Last post on 3/4/14 at 8:26am in Natural Body Care
- Do you wash your face daily? Last post on Today at 6:59 am in Natural Body Care
cleaning the Diva Cup
I've had mine 13 years (well, i've had 3 in that time, a keeper which i eventually became allergic to, a diva cup that wasn't rubber and now a mooncup for my post-baby-ness) and do similar. They really don't take much cleaning.
I'm about to order my first Diva Cup and had a washing question. I was looking at the diva cup website, getting tips on using, and read a long list of things not to use to wash. It said to only use a mild unscented water based oil free soap. My sister says she just uses a castille soap but I read that could damage the silicone. Where can I find a water based soap? Or is their long list of "do not use this" just covering their own butt's? Has anyone had issues with just washing them with a mild soap? Thanks?
Naturalmama4 - castille soap could potential damage the silicone over time. However, I've never met a single woman who has had issues with silicone degradation due to castille soap usage. I'd say if you are rinsing the soap off thoroughly and keep an eye out for any signs of damage (and replace the cup immediately if damaged) you'll be fine. I usually just wash my silicone cup with whatever hand soap I have around (including Dr. Bronner's).
Hope that helps!
I've had the same Dva Cup since 2004 and I've gone from boiling it before and after each AF to just using hot water and Bronner's Baby Mild before, during, and after. WE have really hard water and the iron has turned it an ugly orange, but it's otherwise perfect. I'm tempted to get one of the new pretty colored ones but the whole point of getting it in the first place was to reduce cunsumption so I'm holding off until it either cracks or we hit the 15yr mark.
I noticed a lot of changes to the Dos and Don'ts after the FDA stuck their noses in a few years back. Don't stress too much about it, hot water and castile soap have worked fine for me.
- › 1983 to Present Day Vaccine Schedule....um, why aren't we regularly... 5 minutes ago
- › Possibly a stupid question from a newbie about cloth stash 7 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 8 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Wolf Moon 14 minutes ago
- › Great toddler toys? 16 minutes ago
- › upsetting appointment 16 minutes ago
- › attachment and daddy 16 minutes ago
- › Neuroscience doesn't have anything to do with vaccines 17 minutes ago
- › Moderator for this forum? 17 minutes ago
- › My baby won't sleep without touching me anymore! Or... Baby... 18 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Melanie Mayo
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by Melanie Mayo
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild