- 5 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Could it be pregnacy? or what? Last post on Today at 12:19 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Intro & My Cycle Update Last post on 5/18/13 at 9:34pm in Trying To Conceive
- Want to take pregnancy test! Last post on 5/18/13 at 8:16am in Trying To Conceive
- three days late, negative tests Last post on 5/16/13 at 11:31am in Trying To Conceive
- three days late, negative tests Last post on 5/17/13 at 10:00am in Fertility
Just not sure :/
I posted this in your double posted post:
As for testing, how did you confirm ovulation? If you are 5dpo today, I would suggest waiting to test until at least 11dpo with most accurate results at 12-14dpo. But again, this is dependent on knowing when you O'd. Be sure to get a pink dye, non +/- test that only requires an hCG level of 25. First Response Early Response is a good choice, but many generic store brands and dollar store tests work fine as well.
I used an OPK. I have a longer LP than most because of my progesterone being so high. My OB/GYN said because of this I really should wait until 12-14 DPO. Like I said this is my first cycle and I'm a little clueless so I like to hear other people's experiences with Clomid.
OPK's tell you when you are gearing up to O, but generally you ovulate within 24-36 hours AFTER your last positive OPK. And OPK's cannot confirm O, only temping (or an ultrasound) can do that. Your body can gear up and not succeed, gearing up again a few days later. But, assuming you did O after your OPK+ and you are now 5 days past it, then it is more likely that you are only 3 or 4dpo today. So definitely wait to test. How long your luteal phase is does not affect when you can test. Implantation occurs between 6 and 12dpo and 84% of the time between 8 and 10dpo. Generally the embryo needs a day or two after implantation to build up enough hCG to test positive on an HPT. So that is why a lot of women get accurate results at 10-12dpo, but could get results earlier if implantation occurred earlier or would need to wait until 14dpo if implantation occurred late.
Have you used Clomid before or are you using it now? I can test everything in my body, but unless God decides it's time for a child none of it really matters. I just want to know some symptoms that other women using Clomid have experienced. My body has let me down so many times in the past, and since I'm feeling different things I just want to know if anyone else has had these feelings and whether they were actually pregnant or they were just feeling side affects. I appreciate all of that knowledge on the OPK's, but it's just not the answers I'm looking for right now. I now know that if this cycle isn't successful then I will be well-equipped for next time!
I just want to know some symptoms that other women using Clomid have experienced. My body has let me down so many times in the past, and since I'm feeling different things I just want to know if anyone else has had these feelings and whether they were actually pregnant or they were just feeling side affects.
Definitely check out the threads I mentioned above. There is an entire group of women on clomid that are chit chatting about their journey in these threads. You will likely find your answers there.
Well, I personally believe in pursuing research, tools, information, etc. in order to accomplish anything. I feel that the more you know the better equipped your are for dealing with issues as they arise. Knowing how many dpo you truly are will affect when you will get accurate results on an HPT and I imagine that will be important to you as you prepare to test this cycle. And charting could help you as well (if you don't already). Just post if you'd like more information. Otherwise, good luck to you! I hope you get your BFP soon!
- Just not sure :/
- › Aug 2013 Roll Call 26 seconds ago
- › Exciting, Fun Preparations! 4 minutes ago
- › Official bead sign up thread. :) 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for a local midwife for home birth. 7 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April & May 2013! 7 minutes ago
- › Help! Nursing boundaries & nursing during pregnancy 8 minutes ago
- › genetic testing 8 minutes ago
- › Baby names....anyone brainstorming? 9 minutes ago
- › Parent-Infant Classes 12 minutes ago
- › What to do for 3.5 year year old that just lost mom & almost lost... 15 minutes ago
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo