Can any of you share some positive experiences in switching providers and what lead you to that decision?
I'm 15 weeks and I haven't met my doc. Part of that is my fault because I did have to cancel an appointment with her when my morning sickness was at its worst. But I have had two weird experiences with their NP and one eh experience with another doctor in the practice. People love the doc who I have chosen as "mine" but there's no guarantee she will deliver my child. In fact, they just rotate shifts and don't even try to deliver their own patients as it was explained to me. What is the point? I am starting to feel like that is not for me, even if I meet this woman next week and love her.
However, from what I hear people say I think it may be impossible to find a doctor who will definitely make every effort to attend your birth. Am I wrong? I don't think a midwife is an option for me, because I have a lot of things that may develop into "high risk." There's a practice here with one doctor, I thought that might be good but then people cautioned me against it because then who covers for her? Ugh, I don't know.
Things I don't like about this practice:
1. Does not have (or did not offer) gowns that fit me, which made me cry and feel exposed my first appointment
2. Other Dr. was giggly and didn't seem professional and concerned.
3. NP seemed offended when I said I wanted to discuss early glucose testing with my doc instead of just doing it because she said so, but then told me I would have to discuss managing my depression with my doc.
4. NP was unfeeling when I was crying, didn't offer tissue and still forced me into conversations about early glucose testing when I was there to discuss a bad reaction to flagyl and managing my depression
5. Afforementioned roll of the dice on delivery day, I know a lot of practices are like this, and I thought I would like this one because it is one of three female docs, but so far no warm fuzzies.
I have an appointment with my doc, finally, next Thursday. But even if I love her, I feel weird because of these others issues. I know I wouldn't want to continue to go to the NP after the baby is born for annual exams