- 809 Posts. Joined 12/2006
- Location: Bay Area
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Help Me Help A New Mom With Never Ending BFing-Formula debate cycle. Last post on 6/10/13 at 2:37pm in Parenting
- Working after baby??? Last post on Yesterday at 7:38 am in Life With a Babe
- Having anxiety about leaving my baby to go back to school. Last post on 6/6/13 at 9:54pm in Parenting
- Need help please or encouraging words Last post on 6/2/13 at 5:00pm in The Family Bed and Nighttime Parenting
- When to pierce ears? Last post on 6/7/13 at 9:02pm in Life With a Babe
10 Things You Don't Need For a New Baby
Edited on 5/22/13
- Holiday time: when family & friends criticise your parenting...Edited on 11/19/12
- Incorporating Mindfulness into MotherhoodEdited on 3/31/13
- My Declaration of Independence, by Leone (who turns one today)Edited on 3/11/13
- The Baby is 11 Months Old Today, or, How I've Learned to Let...Edited on 3/19/13
Developmental delays and eczemapost #1 of 53/2/12 at 9:55pmThread StarterAnyone btdt with eczema? I'm worried about delays in development with Dd. her eczema keeps us from giving her tummy time so I'm worried she's not going to get the opportunity to develop the muscles and coordination required for crawling. She also has a paci in her mouth most of the day because it helps distract her from her constant itching. So, not only am I worried about her getting used to having a paci in her mouth all the time, but she doesn't get to babble much. She used to coo all the time And was such a happy and talkative baby, but not so much anymore . Am I just being paranoid? Any suggestions on how I can help remedy the situation ( besides get rid of the eczema... Ugh!)Sponsored Linkspost #2 of 53/3/12 at 1:18pm
Babywearing! It strengthens baby's core muscles, give vestibular stimulation, and is great for fine and gross motor skill development. Plus baby gets to spend time close to the person she loves. Oops, I see that do wear baby in your signature.
To avoid the tummy positions, perhaps try kangaroo carry, facing out (I know controversial), hip carry (so long it doesn't bother her tummy).
As per talking and the paci, I am of no help here.post #3 of 53/5/12 at 1:37pm
My DD had developmental delays due to eczema. She didn't try to crawl or sit up because she was too busy scratching, she looked like she was being attacked by a swarm of invisible bees, it was awful. But this kind of delay is different from a delay for no apparent reason, once her eczema was more under control she caught up at an alarming rate.post #4 of 53/18/12 at 1:13pm
i am so sorry to hear about your little darling's struggles... have you tried giving her some probiotics and maybe a little bit of udo's 3-6-9 oil?
my ds - 6 months - started having eczema after his 2 and 4 month old shots (that was before i started doing any kind of research on vaccines, and i feel terrible about it now). it started as a tiny dot on the back of his legs, then quickly spread to his entire legs, arms and recently it appeared on his belly too.
one week ago, after a lot of research, i've started him on baby probiotics and very little udo's oil (or, if you're breastfeeding, you could take it yourself and it will pass into your milk). i have also made a very simple lotion with the 3-6-9 oil, shea butter and a little organic beeswax, that i use on him at least once a day. his skin dramatically improved in less than 2 days, and now, about a week later, is almost eczema free. :)
i'm thinking that even if your dd's condition is worse than my son's, this regimen could do no harm.
also, sometimes there is a link between eczema and food allergies (some wise mamas here could help you out on this matter more that i do).
good luck mama!post #5 of 58/31/12 at 8:39am
Our son is almost 19 months and has got issues with language and walking. He had severe eczema needing powerful steroid creams for a while. Thankfully it is now sorted. I am wondering that was contributory for his developmental issues? We are plannning to see a paediatrician as well.
- Holiday time: when family & friends criticise your parenting...
- › Need advice about my son becoming an Architect 1 minute ago
- › angry 4yr old 2 minutes ago
- › First foster placement - Need support/encouragment 5 minutes ago
- › Spotting and really scared 6 minutes ago
- › June 2013 chat thread - 2nd trimester here we come! 6 minutes ago
- › Belly shots 6 minutes ago
- › sensitized 7.5-year-old: how do we both heal and promote resilience? 7 minutes ago
- › wheat belly 10 minutes ago
- › What's the best book you've read this year? 22 minutes ago
- › Queer parents 22 minutes ago
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › zoe organics Gentle Hair & Body Wash by fayebond
- › Lafe's Organic Foaming Baby Shampoo and Wash, 12 oz by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama