Hello all! My family is currently living in New Zealand, but we'll be moving back to the US in the next few months. My husband is interviewing for a position in the Blacksburg/Radford area, and so far it's looking very promising on both ends. So, in prep for possibly/probably moving there in a few months, I have a TON of questions! Any help is appreciated!
1) Are there any homeschool groups in that area? We are a Messianic family, so would probably lean towards a Christian based group, but I'd rather have an active inclusive group than a Christian one with nothing going on. :)
2) Any non-vax friendly peds in that area?
3) Recs for a homebirth midwife? I'm 16 weeks now, and unfortunately, I'll probably be mid 20s or later before we know for sure whether we will have the position or not. I know that's super late in the game to find a homebirth midwife, but I'm hopful! If it matters, my first two were born in a FSBC in NC, and my last was a homebirth. I'm a doula and LLL Leader myself, so I'm a very easy client!
4) Any recs for a pediatric endocrinologist? Our middle son will need one asap for his growth hormone deficiency.
5) Anything else an AP mama should know about the area? Local farms with raw milk/meat/CSAs I should check out? Any AP playgroups or whatnot?
Thank you in advance!