Hi, I had my period right on the date that it was scheduled like every month ( every 26 days) Feb 16th, it lasted it's usual 4 days, then a week later, I began getting pms symptoms all over again, this time worse, breaking out all my face and arms and back, cramps, lower back pain, headaches and then my period came again Feb 28th ( 2 weeks after again). We are now March 6th, no longer bleeding, but still have cramps, very emotional and moody and lower back pain, what could it be?
Mothering Top Picks
- categoryFamily Planning
Related Forum Threads
- TTC-Panic cycle Last post on Yesterday at 6:18 pm in Family Planning
- post-partum cycles Last post on Yesterday at 6:20 pm in Family Planning
- Anyone have HUGE temp rise at 9 dpo and NOT be pregnant? Last post on 5/19/13 at 3:43pm in Family Planning
- Paragard Last post on 5/15/13 at 4:49am in Family Planning
- "Advanced" maternal age Last post on 5/13/13 at 2:27pm in Family Planning
Struggling with Fertility, a Couple Aborts Healthy Twin Boys...
Edited on 3/1/13
- Is There Ever a Right Time to Get Pregnant?Edited on 3/15/13
- Reasons To Choose Natural Family PlanningEdited on 10/12/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodEdited on 8/22/11
2 periods in 2 weekspost #2 of 23/11/12 at 2:40pm
A few things can cause something like what you describe to happen.
-The first "period" could have actually been what is called "breakthrough bleeding." This happens sometimes, especially in cycles when ovulation is delayed. It generally happens shortly before ovulation when the endometrium builds up so much that estrogen alone (without progesterone) cannot sustain it, and some breaks off. It may cause only a little bit of spotting, often mixed with stretchy cervical fluid, or it may be so heavy that it appears to be a whole period. This ends at ovulation when there is enough progesterone to sustain the endometrium, and a true period comes approximately 2 weeks later, perhaps heavier than normal due to the thicker lining.
-Implantation bleeding can be so heavy as to appear to be a period, and it often comes about the time that a woman would be expecting her period.
-Bleeding is common in the first trimester of pregnancy. It can come and go multiple times. Have you taken a pregnancy test?
-Is it possible you could have had a miscarriage?
- 2 periods in 2 weeks
- Is There Ever a Right Time to Get Pregnant?
- › Best (or worst) comments made so far? 2 minutes ago
- › Asthma and seasonal allergies 5 minutes ago
- › "A Nation of Wimps" 6 minutes ago
- › No Fooling! 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 8.0... 11 minutes ago
- › genetic testing 11 minutes ago
- › Boys vs. girls 12 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 9.0 (enrolling through... 12 minutes ago
- › new to breastfeeding.. 16 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 24 minutes ago
- › Mothball Smelling BM/Low Weight Gain 6 MO 36 minutes ago
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Lansinoh 20435 Breastmilk Storage Bags, 25-Count Boxes (Pack of 3) by KaliShanti
- › Medela Pump and Save Storage Bags- 20-count by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by KaliShanti
- › Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Breast Pump by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT BPA Free Natural Polypropylene Bottles by KaliShanti
- › Gilligan & O'Malley® Womens Full Sling Long Nursing Tank by KaliShanti
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo