Hi! I am currently using an arms reach co-sleeper with my baby but am considering purchasing a different hammock-type sleeper so he can rock while sleeping, as he really likes the movement while sleeping. The hammock sleeper would only work until he is about a year old though because of weight limits. I am trying to avoid having a crib between using the co-sleeper and getting a bed for the boy. I'm wondering what if anyone could share what they did in the transition time? and how old was your baby when you transitioned to a regular twin bed?
Related Forum Threads
- 1 YO still waking every 45 mins-hour at night....am I the only one??? Last post on 5/17/13 at 10:54am in Life With a Babe
- Any BTDT advice for the first few weeks with newborn twins? Last post on Yesterday at 11:13 am in Parenting Multiples
- 9 month old hasnt grown much since 7 months Last post on 5/12/13 at 5:04am in Life With a Babe
- Colic/Foremilk-hindmilk imbalance/possible reflux/food intolerance? Or, is Grandma just super... Last post on 5/15/13 at 12:56pm in Life With a Babe
- How old were you when you had your first baby? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:55pm in Birth and Beyond
10 Things You Don't Need For a New Baby
Edited on 1/19/13
- Holiday time: when family & friends criticise your parenting...Edited on 11/19/12
- Incorporating Mindfulness into MotherhoodEdited on 3/31/13
- My Declaration of Independence, by Leone (who turns one today)Edited on 3/11/13
- The Baby is 11 Months Old Today, or, How I've Learned to Let...Edited on 3/19/13
transitioning from co-sleeper to bedpost #2 of 23/8/12 at 5:58am
I can only share what we did with our toddler, and are doing with our 4.5 month old.
DS (now 28? months) - he was in the co-sleeper from birth and slowly transitioned to full time co-sleeping. He almost always started out the night in the cosleeper and came to bed at first wake up. I think we put the cosleeper up around the 7 month mark, because he seemed uncomfortable in it, and we co-slept full time until 10 months or so, when he started spending the first part of the night in the crib. Some where around a year, he started STTN in his crib. But then he regressed a bit and started coming to our bed around 3-4 a.m. Near his 2nd birthday he started being in a toddler bed (we didn't have room for a twin) and he's still there, only he started STTN again in his own bed when DD was born (he was 23 months).
DD will have a different story, partly because she and DS will be sharing a room. She has slept in bed with us full time since she was born, including in the hospital. There isn't anywhere else she'd rather be. She does spend some time in a bassinette (mostly when DH and I want the bed to ourselves) but that's it. I see eventually transitioning her to a toddler bed in our room, at least until she and DS get on a more similiar sleep/wake schedule.
We are moving soon into an apartment with more space. She and DS with still be sharing a room, but DS will be in full size bed. This way when he does wake in the night or has trouble falling asleep, one of us can easily lay with him, instead of sitting on the floor next to a toddler bed (our current back and leg breaking mode).
In your situation, I would say whenever your LO can safely come down off your bed, they could be ready for a bed of their own. You could still get bed rails if rolling off in their sleep is a concern, or place mattress on floor.
- transitioning from co-sleeper to bed
- Holiday time: when family & friends criticise your parenting...
- › how to sensitively introduce disability issues before playdate 4 minutes ago
- › your thoughts on facebook 15 minutes ago
- › How are you feeling? 22 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Official bead sign up thread. :) 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › First Foods Pics Thread 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Mother's Day 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Baby Talk 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › Anyone in the centre region (nears Tours)? 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo