I called the public health nurse who said that the tiny sliver of foam (from a brush we bought to paint and print her footprint, but never used) that she got hold of and very quickly swallowed was not a major cause for concern and gave me instructions. I guess I'm just looking for some commiseration so I don't feel like the world's worst mom. Talk me down off the edge, moms...
- brandBabytagged by System, 3/8/12
Related Forum Threads
- "Must-Have" baby gear you hate Last post on 3/5/14 at 7:15pm in Life With a Baby
- Piercing baby ears - okay or not? Last post on 12/11/13 at 5:48am in Life With a Baby
- Dressing Baby - Why Onesies? Last post on 10/31/13 at 12:30pm in Life With a Baby
- CIO method Last post on 2/17/14 at 11:39am in Co-sleeping and the Family Bed
- Your theories: why do some babes like tummy sleeping Last post on 11/25/13 at 6:40pm in Co-sleeping and the Family Bed
Insufficiency: Breastfeeding in Real-Life
Last edited: 2/7/14
- For New Mothers: The Dishes Will Get Done... EventuallyLast edited: 7/10/13
- 10 Things You Don't Need For a New BabyLast edited: 9/10/13
- Holiday time: when family & friends criticise your parenting...Last edited: 11/19/12
- Incorporating Mindfulness into MotherhoodLast edited: 3/31/13
The scariest thing your babe has swallowed...post #1 of 113/8/12 at 3:45pmThread Starterpost #2 of 113/8/12 at 4:28pmpost #3 of 113/8/12 at 7:13pmThread Starter
Thanks!!! I actually can't give the dog her bully chew treats when they are in the same room together because my daughter will crawl over and grab it right out of the dog's mouth! She's gotten it into her mouth (no consumption, thankfully) a couple of times. And I recently found out what the "bully chews" actually are and that makes it extra-specially (I know that's not a real word but it really fits here) gross.
Guess I need to start being careful with the camilia now too. Jeepers, keeping them alive is work...
Quote:post #4 of 113/9/12 at 6:57am
Oh the list goes on and on . . . dog food, crayola crayon tip, a piece of coal from the fireplace (when he stood up and turned around he had this black drool coming out of his mouth! I totally freaked!), a pine needle (whole and the long way - came out like it went in), something at the playground the other day (hopefully a rock). Don't sweat it mama! :)post #5 of 113/12/12 at 6:43ampost #6 of 113/12/12 at 8:48ampost #7 of 113/13/12 at 6:37am
When we were much younger I fed my brother grass, twigs, Play-dough, over a dollar in change... the only ill effect was my poor mother had to go through his diapers like she was panning for gold. He's fine. Now I mainly feed him dinner (when I get to see him).
That being said, I am NOT looking forward to the terror when my little mouth ingests something she maybe should not.post #8 of 113/15/12 at 8:40pmThread Starterpost #9 of 113/16/12 at 3:00pm
A sticky hand. You know the little prize thingy you can get at the dentist? My 3rd child who is now 7 y.o swallowed one. She was over a year, but less than 2. And she swallowed the entire thing, totally unnoticed by me until it came out in her diaper. The whole thing, The hand, the 6 inch long "string", and the little loop at the end. It is a miracle that it passed completely and didn't get stuck somewhere in her intestine. I felt like mom of the year opening up her diaper and seeing that in a pile of poo.post #10 of 113/18/12 at 10:50pmpost #11 of 113/19/12 at 12:43am
when my son was two i was pg with my dd and i took bachs rescue remedy it had a little glass dropper thing- and I would give it to him to- mw said it was ok to- well he chomped down on it and swallowed- yes he swallowed glass and it cut his lip- not bad but there was bleeding.
Oh my- I freaked out- called er- whole nine- they said that small amount of glass would not harm him and it would be more harmful to him to go in and get it then let it come out naturally.
foam- that's nothing lol.
- For New Mothers: The Dishes Will Get Done... Eventually
- › "Here Comes the Judgment" 2 minutes ago
- › considering Catholicism but family planning confusion - thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › Needing advice 5 minutes ago
- › Belly Pictures! 5 minutes ago
- › Good Days / Bad Days 13 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 14 minutes ago
- › Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! 15 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Wolf Moon 18 minutes ago
- › anyone else LOVE Pregnancy and have amazing pregnancies? SHARE!!!! 27 minutes ago
- › Finally decided 31 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher