Do you feel like your head is going to explode or you are going to start crying while researching vaccines? I just want some straightforward answers, statistics, facts etc... I don't mind vaccines if there is a need and if they are SAFE but its nearly impossible to get the truth on these things! Sorry for the venting, I'm just getting so frustrated!!
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone do Hib vaccine but NOT Prevnar? Last post on Today at 11:33 am in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- If you are Selectivly chosing NOT to vaccinate for Chicken Pox...There is a National FB group... Last post on Today at 9:56 am in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- DTaP Scheduled: Nervous Last post on 11/30/13 at 2:09pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- non/selective vax friendly doctor Last post on 11/30/13 at 4:23am in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
- Routine Hospital Shots for Newborns (VITAMIN K and HEPB)....HELP! Last post on 11/20/13 at 12:46pm in Selective & Delayed Vaccination
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 2/24/13
- Vaccination BooklistLast edited: 6/27/11
- Selectively Vaccinating For International TravelLast edited: 6/27/11
- Vaccine Exemption Information for All 50 States In The USLast edited: 1/18/13
So frustrating!post #2 of 53/8/12 at 11:01pm
I totally understand! Just take it one day at a time, one vax at a time. It will get easier once you start deciding which ones are for you and which ones aren't. And what ages you want to do what. I can't promise it will get easier, because I am still confused. But your head will get less cloudy and hopefully less emotional : ) Good luck!post #3 of 53/9/12 at 5:38am
There are varying degrees of truth for some people...you have to use critical thinking skill when doing the research and at times it is very confusing and frustrating as well.. how can someone possibly make up their mind with all the info out there?? Read any an all articles pertaining to the issue at hand, and try to rationalize with yourself the pro's and con's to vaccinating and which diseases you are vaxing for. Take into consideration the science behind the vaccines, and the way that the MD's look at vaccines and disease, compared to the way a naturepath or holistic dr would see these kinds of maladies. For some people, there are no straight forward answers...post #4 of 53/9/12 at 4:15pmTake into consideration the fact that the studies that claim safety are funded by, directed by, interpreted by, and marketed by the people who profit from the sale of those vaccines.
Would you trust studies saying cigarettes don't cause cancer if you found out that those studies were funded by tobacco companies?
Hey, I'm pretty sure I can find 1000 heavy smokers who don't have lung cancer--think I"ll go do a "study" on them....post #5 of 53/9/12 at 6:04pmThread Starter
Exactly! Thank you all for the replies. The things that I don't agree with are the fact that the companies are completely benefiting from the school vaccination requirements, the fact that SO MANY vaccines are given to very young children/babies (not to mention all at one time), and the fact that they require vaccines for things like chicken pox which I believe is just going to make the child have a worse case if they catch it later in life when the vaccines wear off. I'm all for having vaccines for people who would like to get it but the fact that its not even a choice unless you get the school exemption is insane. Yes, some children have a terrible time with chicken pox but most kids who get it come out stronger. If we don't let our bodies fight some sicknesses, we're going to end up dying from the common cold.
Its hard to make decisions when you can't weed out the unbiased information. I totally understand the good in vaccines. I also understand how business works.
I'm also sick of how parents are guilted, pushed, and tricked into staying on or catching up to the vaccination schedule. We purposely chose to wait til DD was at least a few months old to even start any vaccines but all our (former) pediatrician kept giving us was a way to "catch up". Hmmm...if we didn't want to give our newborn baby ANY vaccines for a few months, what makes you think I'm going to want her to get 7 at once??? Needless to say, we switched doctors (3 times in fact) before finding one who isn't pushing us to catch up.
Sorry for venting again! It just gets me angry. DD is now 2 and we've been on our own very delayed schedule for a while but with preschool in sight (a year and a half away) we sort of need to figure out our plans for the near future. Thank you all for your advice and I'm so glad I'm not the only one!
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › Chicken Pox - My son has been excused from school 8 minutes ago
- › Introduce Yourself! 22 minutes ago
- › Cravings 29 minutes ago
- › present wrapping - bags, paper, or tissue paper as wrapping paper,... 33 minutes ago
- › Do I need a stroller? 37 minutes ago
- › Ultrasounds 39 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 12 (enrolling through... 44 minutes ago
- › Recommend a first-time birth plan? 45 minutes ago
- › I have two-year-old daughter 48 minutes ago
- › Anyone NOT night weaned their older nursling? 48 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Stephafriendly
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Vaccinations and George W Bush by Brian Leaf
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo