Wow, I am the mother of 4 children ages range from 18-6. I had been a single mom for a long time and I remarried my best friend and became step m to his two boys in January of this year. He is 35 and we have decided we want to have another baby ( well he would like 2). I have NEVER had a problem getting pregnant. My periods are VERY regular and all I had to do in the past is think baby and it was done. I came off the pill Oct and NO luck. It is so frustrating and a little scary. I would love to have more children. We love our family and have very god sucessful children. It is frustrating that just being my age makes it so hard.
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 3/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Baby aspirin Last post on Today at 6:41 pm in Trying To Conceive
- DHEA? Last post on Yesterday at 10:09 am in Trying To Conceive
- Success stories after vasectomy reversal? Last post on Yesterday at 11:07 am in Trying To Conceive
- Tell me about the time you dug your FRER out of the trash and found... Last post on Yesterday at 5:49 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Possibly pregnant thoughts? Last post on Yesterday at 8:06 pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
42 TTC...post #1 of 103/13/12 at 8:58amThread Starterpost #2 of 103/13/12 at 11:36am
welcome to MDC!
Most of the ladies here use FertilityFriend.com (FF) to chart CP (cervical position), CM (cervical mucous), Temping (same time every morning after 3 hrs of rest) and OPKs (ovulation predictor tests).
I myself found using FF to be very stressful, so I predict my ovulation by looking for EWCM (egg white cervical mucous) and using OPKs to confirm O (ovulation).
Best of luck!post #3 of 103/13/12 at 1:37pmThread Starterpost #4 of 103/13/12 at 4:15pm
I have to agree that FF can be stressful sometimes but I find that it is far more stressful for me not to know what is going on.. But thats just me!
As for OPKs it seems to be a hit and miss situation.. They can work well for some and not for others.
They tend to wrk well for me, and I buy cheap ones off the internet (David Ovulation is the brand I use).. But some people get positives everyday, others never get positives at all..
If you wanted to start with OPKs then I would suggest tracking your CM (cervical mucus) as well to see if the positives kine up to your fertile mucus...
As for your age- well my mother was 41 when she conceived me.. No medical help, no nothing. Just some very well timed and a lot of baby dancing! :)
Something else that I know women have found handy is trying the Sperm Meets Egg Plan or SMEP- you can google it... Its basically some good common sense on when to time intercourse and OPKs! My hubby and I are trying it this cycle!
Good Luck! Let us know how you go and what you decide!!!!post #5 of 103/13/12 at 5:36pmThread Starterpost #6 of 103/15/12 at 6:31amThread Starterpost #7 of 103/15/12 at 7:44pmpost #8 of 103/16/12 at 6:35amThread Starterpost #9 of 103/16/12 at 6:39amThread Starterpost #10 of 103/18/12 at 4:42pm
If you are age 42 and ttc, come check out our women 40 and over ttc thread. We are quite a supportive and knowledgeable group.
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › Kids, 10+, what's important? Also: getting kids informed 53 seconds ago
- › Looking ahead to the next one... 1 minute ago
- › Are you exercising? 3 minutes ago
- › Any other Pregnancy After Loss Mamas? 7 minutes ago
- › October Moms Pregnant After Loss Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Who is lurking here??? 8 minutes ago
- › very sad 10 minutes ago
- › How do you handle standardized testing? 10 minutes ago
- › Resources? 14 minutes ago
- › Newly married, TTC starting 3/2014 16 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo