Wow, I am the mother of 4 children ages range from 18-6. I had been a single mom for a long time and I remarried my best friend and became step m to his two boys in January of this year. He is 35 and we have decided we want to have another baby ( well he would like 2). I have NEVER had a problem getting pregnant. My periods are VERY regular and all I had to do in the past is think baby and it was done. I came off the pill Oct and NO luck. It is so frustrating and a little scary. I would love to have more children. We love our family and have very god sucessful children. It is frustrating that just being my age makes it so hard.
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 3/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- Prenatals making me constipated? Last post on 12/6/13 at 2:51pm in Trying To Conceive
- New here and TTC #1. AF is late and needing some advice and answers! Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:03pm in Trying To Conceive
- Trying to figure this charting thing out:) Last post on 12/6/13 at 4:22am in Trying To Conceive
- Am i pregnant ? Or is it something else ? Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:10am in Trying To Conceive
- Is this possibly a triphasic chart? Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:17pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
42 TTC...post #1 of 103/13/12 at 8:58amThread Starterpost #2 of 103/13/12 at 11:36am
welcome to MDC!
Most of the ladies here use FertilityFriend.com (FF) to chart CP (cervical position), CM (cervical mucous), Temping (same time every morning after 3 hrs of rest) and OPKs (ovulation predictor tests).
I myself found using FF to be very stressful, so I predict my ovulation by looking for EWCM (egg white cervical mucous) and using OPKs to confirm O (ovulation).
Best of luck!post #3 of 103/13/12 at 1:37pmThread Starterpost #4 of 103/13/12 at 4:15pm
I have to agree that FF can be stressful sometimes but I find that it is far more stressful for me not to know what is going on.. But thats just me!
As for OPKs it seems to be a hit and miss situation.. They can work well for some and not for others.
They tend to wrk well for me, and I buy cheap ones off the internet (David Ovulation is the brand I use).. But some people get positives everyday, others never get positives at all..
If you wanted to start with OPKs then I would suggest tracking your CM (cervical mucus) as well to see if the positives kine up to your fertile mucus...
As for your age- well my mother was 41 when she conceived me.. No medical help, no nothing. Just some very well timed and a lot of baby dancing! :)
Something else that I know women have found handy is trying the Sperm Meets Egg Plan or SMEP- you can google it... Its basically some good common sense on when to time intercourse and OPKs! My hubby and I are trying it this cycle!
Good Luck! Let us know how you go and what you decide!!!!post #5 of 103/13/12 at 5:36pmThread Starterpost #6 of 103/15/12 at 6:31amThread Starterpost #7 of 103/15/12 at 7:44pmpost #8 of 103/16/12 at 6:35amThread Starterpost #9 of 103/16/12 at 6:39amThread Starterpost #10 of 103/18/12 at 4:42pm
If you are age 42 and ttc, come check out our women 40 and over ttc thread. We are quite a supportive and knowledgeable group.
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! 34 minutes ago
- › Legal Advice Needed Fighting 50/50 Child Custody (Pennsylvania) 46 minutes ago
- › Keeping baby #2 safe in a house with a curious toddler 55 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread 59 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › MIL Cut Little Man's Hair! 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Subchorionic hematoma 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › Not so good news- enlarged yolk sac 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › No heartbeat. Gone. 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Polar Express by Alyssa Eisner
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo