My husband and I are missionaries in Tegucigalpa, Honduras. We are opening a children's home here and should be receiving children in the next couple of weeks. I am 31 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. I had planned a semi-unassisted birth with my doula friend who is studying to be a midwife, but she is no longer able to come. My first child was born at home with a midwife here in Honduras. Everything went well; I had an intense 5 hour labor and gave birth to a healthy baby boy. I really want to have a completely intervention-free birth this time (had my waters broken at 8cm with my son). If anyone is able and willing to come and assist me, we would be very grateful! I am due May 13 with our baby girl.
Related Forum Threads
- looking for a homebirth midwife around great falls mt Last post on 12/3/13 at 12:29am in Midwives
- Midwives in Birmingham al and surrounding areas Last post on 10/22/13 at 9:10am in Midwives
- Looking for a Midwife and Doula in Tucson AZ Last post on 9/2/13 at 8:47pm in Midwives
- New Legislation in Massachusetts for CPMs: "An Act Relative to Certified Professional... Last post on 3/3/13 at 4:38pm in Midwives
- Certified Professional Midwives in Connecticut Last post on 1/8/13 at 11:37am in Midwives
Black Women DO VBAC!- An Interview With Birth Activist, Melek Speros
Last edited: 11/14/13
- Director of Birth Story on Mothering While FilmmakingLast edited: 10/3/13
- Why It Was So Hard to Say Goodbye to My MidwifeLast edited: 9/5/13
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean RateLast edited: 2/1/13
- honoring midwives . . . and Peggy!Last edited: 3/11/13
Looking for a Traveling Midwife to attend birth in Honduras in May 2012post #2 of 44/7/12 at 10:20pmpost #3 of 45/10/12 at 9:03pm
Hello! Did you find anyone to help you? My husband and I are missionaries near Ojojona, Honduras. About 1 hour outside of Teguc. We had our first with a midwife in a hospital in the states (fast and easy), second with a midwife and homebirth in Costa Rica (again, fast and easy) and then had our third here in Honduras in our home... unassisted (faster and perfect). I loved our choice of having our third in our home with just my family and my parents. I was in control and nothing could distract me. He was a big baby, bigger than my other two! I tore pretty badly with my first two, but did not tear at all with my third... which was shocking because he was so much bigger than they were. Shows that it did make a difference for me!!
Anyway, I was wondering if you were able to find anybody to help you. I have a sweet friend (also a missionary) who lives in Comayagua. She would love to have a homebirth, but needs a midwife who speaks english to feel secure enough to do it. She had a fast and easy birth with her first. She was fully dilated when she went into the hospital, but the doctor decided to cut her against her will. She was so mad at him for doing it right when she was getting ready to push. She had a gal with her who was a midwife in England and acted as her doula, but I don't know where she was during that time.
So, if you are still in Teguc area... I would LOVE to meet you and hope you have a contact that she can maybe use. She is due at the end of July. But she would like to meet ASAP.
Let me know and looking forward to your reply!
Marillynpost #4 of 47/8/12 at 3:36pm
I hate finding requests like this too late in the game. :( I am a midwife and I LOVE to travel - in fact I was just in Honduras leading a missions trip from my church in June - between your two due dates unfortunately. If I had known about the July due date, I might have been able to extend my trip, but alas we might have to wait until the next babies come if you are planning to have more.
If you want to email me to ask questions or just have my contact info on file, I need as much advance notice as possible - think contact me as soon as you know you are pregnant! I am flying to Senegal this October to catch a baby for a lady from CA who lives there now with her family, and she connected with me early enough that I was able to leave that month open for her (I will be with her for 3 weeks).
I hope all went well - feel free to connect with me. My name is Jenny Hall, and my website is: www.newbirthmidwifery.com and my email is: email@example.com
- Director of Birth Story on Mothering While Filmmaking
- › Can you recommend a good fluoride-free, glycerin-free tooth... 44 seconds ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Exercise During Pregnancy 5 minutes ago
- › Show off your bump here! 5 minutes ago
- › Studies About Holistic Dental Care 7 minutes ago
- › Blood Glucose At-Home Testing 7 minutes ago
- › Looking for an easy to use, affordable carseat and stroller... 8 minutes ago
- › Nausea 10 minutes ago
- › Birth Bead Swap - Sign Up Here! 11 minutes ago
- › The BEST baby product you own? 12 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher