DD2 is 5.5 and she is so slow at everything! It is driving the rest of us nuts & impacting her free time. Eating is the worst; she'll routinely spend over an hour at the table for meals. Her morning routine (bathroom, breakfast, make bed, get dressed, brush teeth, comb hair) takes 2 hours, so the morning is half over before she's done. How can I help her move along?
- brandChildtagged by System, 3/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Your 6 year old boy Last post on 11/23/13 at 8:40pm in The Childhood Years
- Do you let your children watch Disney? Last post on 11/22/13 at 1:48pm in The Childhood Years
- What is a suitable weekly schedule for a 4 - 5 year old child? Last post on 11/12/13 at 6:34am in The Childhood Years
- How often do you wash your child's hair? Last post on 10/23/13 at 8:20am in The Childhood Years
- How old is too old for a girl to go shirtless? Last post on 10/23/13 at 11:11am in Parenting
Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-Pack
Last edited: 8/2/13
- enterprisingLast edited: 4/4/13
- When Election Day comes close on the heels of Halloween
SLOW 5 year oldpost #1 of 23/20/12 at 5:20amThread Starterpost #2 of 23/21/12 at 10:17am
you are writing about me and my dd.
we are like your dd.
i have to wake dd early at the cost of sleep to give her the time. and "I" wake up an hour earlier than her to have my own time.
i am not sure what you would do to move along.
what i do with dd is have a hair brush with me in the car or the bus where she can brush her hair on the way. bfast is also eaten in transport. usually its fruit and cheese. dd takes at least half hour to wake up. from getting out of the bed to going to the bathroom.
some of us REALLY need that time to ourselves. if dd is hurried her whole day goes badly and she is sleepy on the way to school. if she is given her time she is awake and skipping and hopping along to school.
when i was young my dad used to make me smoothies for bfast so that i could drink and not spend my time chewing.
i dont even have dd make her bed in the morning.
- › Silly things you've been told about breastfeeding? 2 minutes ago
- › February '09 Mamas ~ Childhood Chat :) 5 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 6 minutes ago
- › help..when partners disagree on vaxing 7 minutes ago
- › Feedback on infant sleep for Psychology paper 7 minutes ago
- › Feeling Guilty.... 8 minutes ago
- › Single Mamas By Choice 14 minutes ago
- › 2014 Low Income Support Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Need help with ds 17 minutes ago
- › Grief during pregnancy 18 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool