DD2 is 5.5 and she is so slow at everything! It is driving the rest of us nuts & impacting her free time. Eating is the worst; she'll routinely spend over an hour at the table for meals. Her morning routine (bathroom, breakfast, make bed, get dressed, brush teeth, comb hair) takes 2 hours, so the morning is half over before she's done. How can I help her move along?
- brandChildtagged by System, 3/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Your 6 year old boy Last post on 11/23/13 at 8:40pm in The Childhood Years
- Do you let your children watch Disney? Last post on 11/22/13 at 1:48pm in The Childhood Years
- What is a suitable weekly schedule for a 4 - 5 year old child? Last post on 11/12/13 at 6:34am in The Childhood Years
- How often do you wash your child's hair? Last post on 10/23/13 at 8:20am in The Childhood Years
- How old is too old for a girl to go shirtless? Last post on 10/23/13 at 11:11am in Parenting
Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-Pack
Last edited: 8/2/13
- Mothering ArticlesLast edited: 10/23/13
- enterprisingLast edited: 4/4/13
- When Election Day comes close on the heels of HalloweenLast edited: 4/4/13
- good morning.Last edited: 3/31/13
SLOW 5 year oldpost #1 of 23/20/12 at 5:20amThread Starterpost #2 of 23/21/12 at 10:17am
you are writing about me and my dd.
we are like your dd.
i have to wake dd early at the cost of sleep to give her the time. and "I" wake up an hour earlier than her to have my own time.
i am not sure what you would do to move along.
what i do with dd is have a hair brush with me in the car or the bus where she can brush her hair on the way. bfast is also eaten in transport. usually its fruit and cheese. dd takes at least half hour to wake up. from getting out of the bed to going to the bathroom.
some of us REALLY need that time to ourselves. if dd is hurried her whole day goes badly and she is sleepy on the way to school. if she is given her time she is awake and skipping and hopping along to school.
when i was young my dad used to make me smoothies for bfast so that i could drink and not spend my time chewing.
i dont even have dd make her bed in the morning.
- Mothering Articles
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What's Happening Today? 2 minutes ago
- › Would you send your 1-year-old on a vacation for a week with your... 5 minutes ago
- › Here is the purpose of human life - 7 minutes ago
- › Pediatrician in Houston - vax friendly? 10 minutes ago
- › What are your all-time favorite children's books 13 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 12 (enrolling through... 19 minutes ago
- › 2 year old - Obsessed with Books, but something changed... 21 minutes ago
- › Toddler not interested in Rote memorization 21 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 36 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Stephafriendly
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Vaccinations and George W Bush by Brian Leaf
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo