We just moved to Boise ID and I don't know anything about the vaccine policies here! Does anyone live in ID and not vax? If so I would appreciate info on what I need to do for daycare and preschool for my kids as well as any non vax friendly peds in Boise. I have slooow internet for now but will research this once my connection improves. Thanks for any links ladies!
Related Forum Threads
- Tetanis help - pic Last post on Today at 7:25 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Alaska public schools and vaccines Last post on Today at 3:55 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Anyone in NC? Need playpals for my 6-mo-old :) Last post on Yesterday at 11:30 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Pediatricians now ask you to sign "release of protected health information to schools"... Last post on Today at 12:33 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Flu shot required for my job Last post on 5/15/13 at 9:47am in I'm Not Vaccinating
Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
Edited on 2/24/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesEdited on 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsEdited on 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentEdited on 3/8/13
- The Right to RefuseEdited on 3/20/13
Non-Vax In Idahopost #1 of 33/20/12 at 5:07pmThread Starterpost #2 of 33/20/12 at 5:26pm
try tribal area for dr recs. looks like Idaho has a vax registry, IRIS, you can opt-out of.post #3 of 33/20/12 at 6:43pm
Idaho has a form, here.
Read it and you'll see why it would not be a good idea to sign that form. Fortunately, Idaho law does not require the use of a form.
Idaho law simply says that a parent or guardian has to submit "a signed statement to school officials stating their objections on religious or other grounds."
The above is the exemption language for this law. http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Title39/T39CH48SECT39-4801.htm which applies to children from preschool through grade 12 for both public and private schools.
Here is the law regarding vaccine requirements and exemptions for daycare.
It says a parent or guardian has to submit "a signed statement to officials of the daycare facility stating their objections on religious or other grounds."
Edited by ma2two - 3/20/12 at 6:59pm
- Non-Vax In Idaho
- Resources for Non-vaccinating Families
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 42 seconds ago
- › Neighbor touched my son's penis (3yo) 3 minutes ago
- › Anyone have HUGE temp rise at 9 dpo and NOT be pregnant? 7 minutes ago
- › Spring IVF 2013 8 minutes ago
- › ~*~*Introductions Thread*~*~*~ 8 minutes ago
- › I need insight about my teen's sexuality 8 minutes ago
- › Thread for posting US pics! 9 minutes ago
- › Is my 3 year old normal? 9 minutes ago
- › A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon 11 minutes ago
- › What do you do? 13 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11