I am a sahm but considering going back to school for speech pathology. I think it seems like a great career. But I am very intimidated by the idea of going back to school. It took me seven years to get my BA because I had no financial help from my parents and I was working full time. Now I have three kids and I wonder how I will fit classes and studying into my life! The classes look so interesting, but I am worried I don't have enough science background. I was an English major with just a few linguistics classes, so I am planning to do a year of pre-req classes to prepare for grad programs. If you've btdt, can you tell me about your experience at grad school? How difficult are the classes? How hard was it to get into a grad program? Do you like your job? Are there aspects you don't like? What kind of person does well in a speech pathology career? Do you feel there are a lot of job prospects? Are you satisfied with your pay? Anything else I should know? Tia!
Related Forum Threads
- New Mom-to-be (very soon..!) and considering school part-time - good idea or no? Last post on 5/7/12 at 6:09am in Working and Student Parents
- Research Survey!! Please help!! Last post on 4/11/12 at 9:40pm in Working and Student Parents
- How do you pump/feed your baby? Last post on 3/20/12 at 10:16am in Working and Student Parents
- How do you get any exercise? Last post on 8/13/12 at 5:09pm in Working and Student Parents
- Going back to school: When would you Last post on 2/25/12 at 6:40am in Working and Student Parents
Any speech therapists/speech pathology MA students here?
I can't give you any advice, but I just wanted to say that I'm starting school this fall to become a speech pathologist. I'm behind you, though, because I'm starting from the very bottom, having not been to college at all.
So hello, and good luck on your journey!
- Any speech therapists/speech pathology MA students here?
- › Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition 4 minutes ago
- › New Exclusive Pumping Tribe! 10 minutes ago
- › Great books for summer reading? 10 minutes ago
- › Gallbladder 11 minutes ago
- › how is your pregancy so far? 11 minutes ago
- › Leave Your Kids at the Park? 14 minutes ago
- › Help! I can't decide if I should do an Unassisted Childbirth at home. 14 minutes ago
- › Cloth diapering 101 15 minutes ago
- › Pagan Families - *May* we celebrate together 15 minutes ago
- › Ways to cool off as it gets hot out. 19 minutes ago
- › Earth Mama Angel Baby - Milkmaid Tea, 16 tea bags by KaliShanti
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo