- topicFitnesstagged by System, 3/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- What's your favorite blender? Last post on Today at 10:15 am in Fitness and Weight Management
- April 2014 challenge: 1,000 minutes of exercise! Last post on Today at 9:03 am in Fitness and Weight Management
- bra advice Last post on 3/23/14 at 7:37am in Fitness and Weight Management
- Weight loss challenge! Last post on 4/8/14 at 6:15am in Fitness and Weight Management
- Workout DVDs for an uncoordinated, very out of shape beginner? Last post on 3/18/14 at 12:05pm in Fitness and Weight Management
One, Two, Three...Sing and Do Yoga With Me!
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-PackLast edited: 8/2/13
- Making Peace With My BodyLast edited: 6/21/13
- 5 Elements for Healthy LivingLast edited: 4/15/13
- Baby and YouLast edited: 1/26/11
Want to join me in a Couch to 5K support thread? - Page 2post #22 of 904/3/12 at 7:12pmpost #23 of 904/5/12 at 3:03pmpost #24 of 904/9/12 at 6:32amThread Starter
I have been stuck at w2d2 for 4 days now... I'm trying really hard to get myself out the door to go and finish week 2. How can my motivation be so elusive?
How's everyone else doing?
ETA: OK. Got off my butt, gave DD2 to hold in a wrap and went for it! Week 2 complete!!!!!!!
Edited by parsley - 4/9/12 at 8:19ampost #25 of 904/9/12 at 1:37pm
I haven't finished week 2. I had a bad cold for a few days, and I'm still coughing a lot. I might try to get out for a run after dh gets home from work, but that depends on how he's feeling (he was sick too). I'm hoping he won't mind as long as I set the kids up with snacks and a movie before I head out.post #26 of 904/10/12 at 6:33ampost #27 of 904/10/12 at 10:49am
I'd like to join in. I just started the program 1.5 weeks ago. I think I am on week 2, day 2 and supposed to go tonight, which I will do as long as it is not pouring rain/snowing which it's been doing all day. A friend and I have a goal of doing a 5km race in early June. So far it has been going well, although I always hit the massive uphill on my route when it's time to run . I'm hoping that by starting slowly I keep my one bad knee from acting up. I tried a free podcast couch to 5k before but did not like the music so now I'm borrowing my ds's ipod touch, bought an app for $1.99 and can listen to any podcast or music I want while running. Makes a big difference.post #28 of 904/12/12 at 7:02amThread Starter
I started Week 3 yesterday. I felt really proud of myself for running the 3 mins straight. I'm kind of sore today though... I ended up adding an extra hill and I think that did me in.
I bought an armband to hold my ipod and I thought it would help... instead it totally messed up the app and I didn't get my alerts at the right time so I had to hold the ipod and the armband (though I just realized I could have worn the armband empty ). I think I'm going to look into that pouch that Dantesmama suggested.
So I live in the NE and the weather has been cool the whole time I've been doing this c25k. Next week we're going on vacation to Florida. I'm really worried about how to keep up with my motivation. It's hard to imagine getting up extra early to go running but also really hard to imagine running in 80 degree weather (I hate being sweaty!) Wish me luck!post #29 of 904/14/12 at 8:47am
I did w3d1 yesterday (Friday) and wow, that first 3-minute run was a looong 3 minutes! I've noticed that towards the end of my run I finally hit my "groove" and after that point, running is much easier. I've been adding a couple of extra running intervals to the end of my workouts too.
Parsley, I'm still very happy with my spibelt! If you decide to get one, check out their clearance page. I got one of the water-resistant ones for $13 with free shipping, on clearance. Good luck running in FL! I'm also wondering how my running will hold up once the heat and humidity get here. The thought of running when it's 90* with 85% humidity is... well, it's not an attractive prospect.post #30 of 904/15/12 at 2:19pmpost #31 of 904/15/12 at 8:23pm
I installed the couch to 5k app on my ipod the day before I found out I was pregnant! needless to say I never got started. Now that I am working on loosing those baby pounds and thanks to this thread for reminding me, I will definately join up after I complete my current program that I am on.post #32 of 904/18/12 at 2:18pm
I did week 6 day 2 yesterday and will finish week 6 on Friday. I am using Suz's podcasts from www.kissmyblackass.org because I like the music a little better than the other podcasts I've found (still not really my kind of music, but better). I run outside and take a different route every week. I run Sunday, Tuesday and Friday mornings and plan to add Wednesdays soon. I never ran before, not even in gym class as a kid. But I am really enjoying it. I'm already making plans to do the 5k to 10k program later in the summer or fall.post #33 of 904/20/12 at 10:04pm
I did wk3d2 yesterday. I plan on finishing the week tomorrow but yesterday was HARD so we shall see. I have a sore knee from running I think so I bought inserts we shall see if it works. I'm going to switch up the route I think I'm getting bored. I usually do the program with a kid in the stroller when I have to do it with 2 it just about kills me. I'm hoping to make it past this week. Jogging for the 3 minutes is difficult and the next week seems hard but I guess all I can do is try. Running slow seems to hurt the knee more. I bought a yoga jacket with a zipped pocket for the iPod since I dropped mine and cracked the screen.post #34 of 904/21/12 at 10:11am
Hi, I am new to this thread, but I just finished week 2. Being the plan-ahead type, I am already trying to figure out what I want to do to keep running after finishing this program. Does anyone have any post-C25K running plans? Start another program, just run a certain milage/time per day, or something else?post #35 of 904/21/12 at 8:26pm
Well today was easier than the other day wk3 done. I think I'm going to attempt week 4 early monday morning before work.
Barefootmama my plan after this to run the 5K until I get fast at it and then push it to a 10K using the C25K program for the 2nd half of the run. I have no idea if this will work but it's my plan for now. Tommorow I need to get some running socks though my feet are chaffing abit.post #36 of 904/22/12 at 1:02pmpost #37 of 904/23/12 at 5:36pmpost #38 of 904/23/12 at 8:36pmI did week 4 day 1 tonight. I've been doing a hybrid of an app that you can listen to your own music and doing the distance on the track. I usually do 2 days of each and walk 3.7 miles the other 2 days with 1 day off. I used to run a lot pre kids which was 18 years ago! This is the best I've done in years.post #39 of 904/23/12 at 10:13pmpost #40 of 904/24/12 at 5:02pm
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-Pack
- › Can't stand that all the neighborhood kids want to play at my house! 44 seconds ago
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 45 seconds ago
- › Foods you can actually eat 58 seconds ago
- › Great Article - Reminded Me of a Thread on this Forum from a Few... 1 minute ago
- › age appropriate expectations for 4 and 7yo to clean up after... 4 minutes ago
- › Those Pesky "Anti-Vax" Experts 5 minutes ago
- › Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate or sodium laurel sulfate? 5 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 10 minutes ago
- › Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! 10 minutes ago
- › Can This Be Perimenopause? 12 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool