I'm merely dipping my toes in the TTC water right now. I was here back in September - got a BFP in November, just suffered a placental abruption at 18 weeks on March 4th - apparently due to my fibroids. After an HSG and two ultrasounds - two doctors and my midwife all said my fibroids wouldn't be a problem for the baby BEFORE I got preggers... yet, they were. Besides being devastated and pretty much scarred against the medical profession for life - I'm back here... trying to heal my uterus and have the baby we waited 4 years to have (due to finances, stage in life, jobs, etc). I'm wondering if any of you ladies have experience with fibroid removal - both natural and surgical. I've searched the boards and found nothing recent. So - I'm just hoping that someone on these boards has some insight.
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 3/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Success stories after vasectomy reversal? Last post on Yesterday at 3:56 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Tell me about the time you dug your FRER out of the trash and found... Last post on Yesterday at 11:14 am in Trying To Conceive
- Possibly pregnant thoughts? Last post on 3/7/14 at 7:28am in Trying To Conceive
- Sex two days prior ovulation. Last post on 3/7/14 at 6:23am in Trying To Conceive
- Help me out ladies! Last post on 3/4/14 at 9:34pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
Placental Abruption, Fibroids, TTC...post #1 of 63/26/12 at 8:46amThread Starterpost #2 of 63/26/12 at 8:54ampost #3 of 63/26/12 at 3:26pmThread Starterpost #4 of 63/29/12 at 9:42amThread Starterpost #5 of 63/29/12 at 10:34am
I am so sorry. I remember you back with the bfp. ive not had fibroids, but i am an OB/GYN nurse, labor and delivery nurse, and gyn surgical nurse...so I have helped remove plenty (myomectomy) and seen people have success depending on the size. I have seen people miscarry repeatedly and late...it is so very heart breaking.... some spend lots of time on bedrest- some with on and off bleeding throughout the entire pregnancy. I have seen people have one instance where the placenta attached at the worst possible place yet they went on to have pregnancies with no further problems. Did your fibroid grow during the pregnancy? I know at times that hapens too.
Get a good opinion or two that you feel comfortable with.
A big part of the choice will be yours so be confident.
i would recomend seeing a provider that is on board with your ttc aspirations. A gyn surgical minded ob/gyn will be of the take things out influence- a OB focused OB/gyn or an RE may understand more about your desires and what you've been through.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
a good site for info is ACOG american college of obstetrics and gynecology. it is all fact based and what the doctors use to stay up to date- and the body that board certifies them.
Spost #6 of 63/31/12 at 7:57amThread Starter
Thank you for the advice Sherry. Yes, mine grew and one began to grow into the implantation spot. It is all so very heartbreaking. Especially since we waited 4 years to try and I was cleared to start TTC'ing. I truly feel I was robbed... and of course I cannot even being to think about trying again until I do something about the fibroids - which seems like a long and complicated task so far. *sigh*
But thank you for the info - I am scheduled to see an RE at the end of next month - hopefully she'll understand my plan to conceive and will have a plan for my fibroids.
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › Little Girls Growing Up- Whats to much and whats ok 15 minutes ago
- › Sodium Ascorbate 38 minutes ago
- › Water birth in Michigan? 54 minutes ago
- › Article on America's Breast Fetish :-) 56 minutes ago
- › 4 yr old just dignosed with Celiac's--Can our 11 month old be GF... 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Finally decided 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Considering unschooling gifted/high needs child 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Do painful menstrual cramps = painful labor? 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Who has an awesome hummus recipe? 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Minimalist Homestead? 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher