I'm merely dipping my toes in the TTC water right now. I was here back in September - got a BFP in November, just suffered a placental abruption at 18 weeks on March 4th - apparently due to my fibroids. After an HSG and two ultrasounds - two doctors and my midwife all said my fibroids wouldn't be a problem for the baby BEFORE I got preggers... yet, they were. Besides being devastated and pretty much scarred against the medical profession for life - I'm back here... trying to heal my uterus and have the baby we waited 4 years to have (due to finances, stage in life, jobs, etc). I'm wondering if any of you ladies have experience with fibroid removal - both natural and surgical. I've searched the boards and found nothing recent. So - I'm just hoping that someone on these boards has some insight.
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Research Study for Ladies Trying to Conceive-We Need Your Help!! Last post on 5/22/13 at 12:17pm in Trying To Conceive
- is this positive (CD 14) Last post on 5/22/13 at 8:34pm in Trying To Conceive
- Negative pregnancy test, late period and home birth questions Last post on 5/22/13 at 6:36pm in Trying To Conceive
- Could it be pregnacy? or what? Last post on 5/22/13 at 12:28pm in Trying To Conceive
- Intro & My Cycle Update Last post on 5/18/13 at 9:34pm in Trying To Conceive
Placental Abruption, Fibroids, TTC...
I am so sorry. I remember you back with the bfp. ive not had fibroids, but i am an OB/GYN nurse, labor and delivery nurse, and gyn surgical nurse...so I have helped remove plenty (myomectomy) and seen people have success depending on the size. I have seen people miscarry repeatedly and late...it is so very heart breaking.... some spend lots of time on bedrest- some with on and off bleeding throughout the entire pregnancy. I have seen people have one instance where the placenta attached at the worst possible place yet they went on to have pregnancies with no further problems. Did your fibroid grow during the pregnancy? I know at times that hapens too.
Get a good opinion or two that you feel comfortable with.
A big part of the choice will be yours so be confident.
i would recomend seeing a provider that is on board with your ttc aspirations. A gyn surgical minded ob/gyn will be of the take things out influence- a OB focused OB/gyn or an RE may understand more about your desires and what you've been through.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
a good site for info is ACOG american college of obstetrics and gynecology. it is all fact based and what the doctors use to stay up to date- and the body that board certifies them.
Thank you for the advice Sherry. Yes, mine grew and one began to grow into the implantation spot. It is all so very heartbreaking. Especially since we waited 4 years to try and I was cleared to start TTC'ing. I truly feel I was robbed... and of course I cannot even being to think about trying again until I do something about the fibroids - which seems like a long and complicated task so far. *sigh*
But thank you for the info - I am scheduled to see an RE at the end of next month - hopefully she'll understand my plan to conceive and will have a plan for my fibroids.
- Placental Abruption, Fibroids, TTC...
- › What can I expect being pregnant with a toddler in tow? 2 minutes ago
- › Overweight children - is it parental neglect? 3 minutes ago
- › personality change in 6 yo - a normal developmental thing? 4 minutes ago
- › ~*~October ddc Belly Thread~*~ 6 minutes ago
- › Holding Baby Too Much?! 9 minutes ago
- › weekly thread May 20-26 10 minutes ago
- › Why does God allow animal suffering? 16 minutes ago
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for May 24th-May 31st~ 17 minutes ago
- › Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition 20 minutes ago
- › May Chat Thread! 23 minutes ago
- › Quick Clean Breastpump and Accessory Wipes 24 Pack by nataliebassoon
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by nataliebassoon
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by stormysky
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Pause for Presence: A Personal Reflection by Marcy Axness
- › Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book,... by Melanie Mayo
- › Why We Homeschool by Melanie Mayo
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo