I'm merely dipping my toes in the TTC water right now. I was here back in September - got a BFP in November, just suffered a placental abruption at 18 weeks on March 4th - apparently due to my fibroids. After an HSG and two ultrasounds - two doctors and my midwife all said my fibroids wouldn't be a problem for the baby BEFORE I got preggers... yet, they were. Besides being devastated and pretty much scarred against the medical profession for life - I'm back here... trying to heal my uterus and have the baby we waited 4 years to have (due to finances, stage in life, jobs, etc). I'm wondering if any of you ladies have experience with fibroid removal - both natural and surgical. I've searched the boards and found nothing recent. So - I'm just hoping that someone on these boards has some insight.
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 3/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Wondering if I'm pregnant or not Last post on Today at 1:10 am in Trying To Conceive
- The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Cold Moon Last post on Today at 12:47 am in Trying To Conceive
- 3 day med bleed 2 days before AF is due .. Implantation ??! Last post on 12/17/13 at 1:29pm in Trying To Conceive
- TTC Baby #2 using Clomid Last post on 12/16/13 at 4:28pm in Trying To Conceive
- Second thoughts/feeling nervous about ttc Last post on 12/17/13 at 5:06pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
Placental Abruption, Fibroids, TTC...post #1 of 63/26/12 at 8:46amThread Starterpost #2 of 63/26/12 at 8:54ampost #3 of 63/26/12 at 3:26pmThread Starterpost #4 of 63/29/12 at 9:42amThread Starterpost #5 of 63/29/12 at 10:34am
I am so sorry. I remember you back with the bfp. ive not had fibroids, but i am an OB/GYN nurse, labor and delivery nurse, and gyn surgical nurse...so I have helped remove plenty (myomectomy) and seen people have success depending on the size. I have seen people miscarry repeatedly and late...it is so very heart breaking.... some spend lots of time on bedrest- some with on and off bleeding throughout the entire pregnancy. I have seen people have one instance where the placenta attached at the worst possible place yet they went on to have pregnancies with no further problems. Did your fibroid grow during the pregnancy? I know at times that hapens too.
Get a good opinion or two that you feel comfortable with.
A big part of the choice will be yours so be confident.
i would recomend seeing a provider that is on board with your ttc aspirations. A gyn surgical minded ob/gyn will be of the take things out influence- a OB focused OB/gyn or an RE may understand more about your desires and what you've been through.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
a good site for info is ACOG american college of obstetrics and gynecology. it is all fact based and what the doctors use to stay up to date- and the body that board certifies them.
Spost #6 of 63/31/12 at 7:57amThread Starter
Thank you for the advice Sherry. Yes, mine grew and one began to grow into the implantation spot. It is all so very heartbreaking. Especially since we waited 4 years to try and I was cleared to start TTC'ing. I truly feel I was robbed... and of course I cannot even being to think about trying again until I do something about the fibroids - which seems like a long and complicated task so far. *sigh*
But thank you for the info - I am scheduled to see an RE at the end of next month - hopefully she'll understand my plan to conceive and will have a plan for my fibroids.
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 7 minutes ago
- › Plus Size and Pregnant 38 minutes ago
- › Sore gums and teeth while pregnant? 57 minutes ago
- › We lost the baby 58 minutes ago
- › HELP!!!!!!! Bird mite infestation!!! 59 minutes ago
- › Husband terrified of home birth 1 hour ago
- › Wondering if I'm pregnant or not 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › Wondering if I'm pregnant or not 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › November chat?? 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › Introducing my self and asking for information!! 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh