I've heard about rotating your kid's toys to make sure things stay new and interesting, but I have some questions about how it all works. So, if you do this (rotate toys), can you tell me the basic details of how you do it? Specifically, I'm wondering things like-
1) How do you decide what to put away?
2) How often do you rotate?
3) Where do you keep the out-of-rotation toys?
4) What do you do if your child asks for a toy that is put away?
5) What about the big toys (space-wise)? For example, we have a play kitchen, an indoor trampoline, and an art table. How do these factor into the rotation?
6) How many toys do you keep out vs. put away (like 50/50, 20/80, etc)?
7) Are there any toys that always stay out? What is your criteria for picking those "always" toys?
Thanks- I'm sure this doesn't need to be as complicated as I'm making it!!