- topicFinancestagged by System, 3/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- Turbotax Bonus Last post on Yesterday at 7:12 am in Frugality & Finances
- ~~Savings at the End of the Rainbow!!~~ March No Spend/ Spend Less Challenge!! All Welcome!! Last post on 3/10/14 at 1:36pm in Frugality & Finances
- Is there a group / forum out there like this? DR related Last post on 2/21/14 at 2:21pm in Frugality & Finances
- Is it legal for my landlord to.... Last post on 2/19/14 at 8:03am in Frugality & Finances
- Bank Accounts / System Last post on 2/3/14 at 8:03pm in Frugality & Finances
Family Planning: Are the Financially Stable the Only Good Parents?
Last edited: 2/14/14
Need advice with getting something taken off my credit report!
I know, and he was supposed to do that a long time ago. That's another part of this issue.... that we will probably end up in court over. But in the meantime MY credit is screwed because his priorities are screwed up (brand new $25k truck and other toys vs. paying the mortgage?!) and I can't even qualify for a little emergency credit card.
So I'm just wondering if anyone has ever fought a bank about an issue like this. I have the decree stating that he is solely responsible for the loan payments and that he (*we* since it would require my sig, but he would have to pay whatever it took to do it) would get my name off the loan.
I'm worried that's not enough to get the credit thing taken care of so maybe this is a lost cause.... but I'm hoping that someone out there has a story to share or some advice that would be helpful!
I have numerous years of banking experience and sadly because you are on the legal document you are legally responsible for the payments, regardless of what the courts say. Until your name is off that legal document you are just as liable as the other party. A court 'order' is only a piece of paper.
From my years of experience you probably need a court order for SALE of the property. Give him the option to purchase said property but just removing you for the mortgage or refinance isn't working.
Right now the credit reporting is correct because you are on the loan.
You can try to go search creditboards.com/org/net (not sure which it is) but from the standpoint of the 'bank' you still own the house and you are responsible for that house.
Sorry - hugs..
I would be high tailing it back to my atty's office and getting the first open court date in front of the judge, again asking for SALE of the property. (however since you said the property is already in foreclosure that could be a moot point)
Afraid you're out of luck on this. You can put an "explanation" on your credit report which explains the reasons for the situation, but getting it removed really isn't going to happen. Technically you were responsible for that loan still, until such time as the house was removed from your name and refinanced. Since you would have to sign paperwork in order for that to happen, you theoretically knew it hadn't. The court order isn't going to do you any good in this instance, other than going after your XH - but for what I don't know. The bank is completely in the right.
- › Silly things you've been told about breastfeeding? 8 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 10 minutes ago
- › names, names and more names... 23 minutes ago
- › Vitamin K Refusal...Would like your input. Good, bad, Changes? 25 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions March 28 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Wolf Moon 37 minutes ago
- › General Chat 58 minutes ago
- › Breastfeeding and Naps 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Need Help Teaching Kids About Safety and "Stranger Danger" 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Special diets on a budget. 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo