My DD is not eating dairy, gluten, eggs, and peanuts. This means we have been incorporating soy yogurt, edamame, and various other foods with soy as one of the ingredients (all organic, non-GMO of course). I have heard from a few people that is not a good idea to eat too much soy, if any at all, due to the estrogenic properties, but I have yet to get a straight answer as to a "safe amount" or if there isn't a safe amount, or if we shouldn't eat it at all. Do you limit soy?
Related Forum Threads
- Any value in allergy testing for eczema? Last post on 5/17/13 at 6:11am in Allergies
- Most people say spitting up is normal, but... Last post on 5/17/13 at 9:40am in Allergies
- Allergy to Beets Last post on 5/13/13 at 6:37pm in Allergies
- How to start healing the gut? Last post on 5/17/13 at 6:13am in Allergies
- How long until dairy leaves your system? Last post on 5/8/13 at 5:36am in Allergies
How do you feel about soy?
I do limit soy. We don't do a lot of processed foods but the ones we do usually have it in some way in it.
Honestly, there are so many other subs that it isn't hard to convert. Coconut milk, yogurt, cheese even. Hemp milk. Rice milk. As long as your DD has a varied diet with the limitations she's got, she'll be fine.
I don't think you'll ever get a straight answer because I don't think there is one.
- How do you feel about soy?
- › Oak Meadow 33 seconds ago
- › Tetanis help - pic 36 seconds ago
- › I have MANY questions about my upcoming UBAC, large baby 56 seconds ago
- › Roll Call! 1 minute ago
- › How to get pets ready for baby 1 minute ago
- › Measuring too big. Is it something I should worry about? 2 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 3 minutes ago
- › Breech Babies Turn! 4 minutes ago
- › Does breastfeeding make travel easier? 4 minutes ago
- › Let's have some introductions! 5 minutes ago
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by Cathlin
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Lansinoh 20435 Breastmilk Storage Bags, 25-Count Boxes (Pack of 3) by KaliShanti
- › Medela Pump and Save Storage Bags- 20-count by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by KaliShanti
- › Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Breast Pump by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT BPA Free Natural Polypropylene Bottles by KaliShanti
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo