I went to the doctor earlier this month after I noticed that my temps were really low and I was feeling tired all the time. They ran a bunch of labs and my follow up appointment is on the 4th. (Btw, my dh is in the military and so I am dealing with military doctors) I was told I have a vitamin D deficiency, TSH is 5.82 and needs to be under 4.5, and my FT4 is 1.1. Those are the only tests they ran where my thyroid is concerned. From what I have read my TSH needs to be between 0.3-3, not 4.5, but I am wondering about when ttc? Any help y'all can give me would be greatly appreciated! I don't want to go in there uneducated.
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts on my situation please ! Last post on Yesterday at 7:22 pm in Trying To Conceive
- No ppaf and one day of EW surrounded by Abundant creamy cm.. Last post on Yesterday at 9:10 am in Trying To Conceive
- Finding a supportive provider for TTC over 40 Last post on 6/17/13 at 6:40pm in Trying To Conceive
- BBT rising on CD4? Last post on 6/17/13 at 4:23am in Trying To Conceive
- How often? Last post on 6/13/13 at 12:28pm in Trying To Conceive
Can someone please help me understand thyroid issues and ttc?
I'm not too educated on the issues but I have a sub-clinical thyroid issue. We have been TTC for 7 months and I keep putting off getting more labwork done to find out what exactly is off. Will probably go in if we reach 12 months of TTC.
How much do you know already? Do you know that your thyroid issue is probably causing you to not ovulate?
I had all of the symptoms of hypothyroidism and when I got my blood test all of my numbers were in normal range except my TPO (antibodies) level was through the roof.
I went to endo and he put me on Synthroid. At my second check-up he told me I was a little hyperthyroid. He lowered my dose just a bit, but told me that having my TSH and T4 "just a little high" was not too terrible for TTCing and that it was much worse to have low numbers.
I know that's not much info, but I hope it helps somewhat.
I have had hypothyroid for over 5 years. You may need to take an iodine supplement. You can do an iodine patch test to see if you're low. http://www.iodine-resource.com/iodine-patch-test.html Im on levothyroxine for my thyroid but I continued to feel tired. Finally I heard about taking iodine and I feel much better. Try to stay away from foods that contain soy as well since they can mess with your thyroid.
- › Literature on Treating Diseases that have Vaccines 1 minute ago
- › Pro-vax trolls are impersonating disease-injured families on... 2 minutes ago
- › Let's talk baby names! 32 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC-Flower Moon 57 minutes ago
- › What are u doing for pain/swelling postpartum and afterpains? 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Hip pain with sleeping on side 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › resources for finding (UK) car seats 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › DH problem with anger or me -- overreacting? 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › Are there Christians on this DDC or any interested persons in... 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions: June 2013 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama