We want the joy of coloring Easter eggs without having to use real eggs. :( Are there any natural egg dye kits out there that use fake eggs and natural dyes?
Related Forum Threads
- 6yr old wants to hurt things he loves Last post on 5/1/12 at 10:58pm in The Childhood Years
- Should my ten year old and three year old share a room? Last post on 5/5/12 at 2:02pm in The Childhood Years
- Favorite child rearing books or your advice Last post on 5/1/12 at 5:32pm in The Childhood Years
- 3 year old DS very curious about male AND female anatomy Last post on 5/21/12 at 1:10am in The Childhood Years
- Daycare question Last post on 4/22/12 at 7:32pm in The Childhood Years
The Benefits of Ignoring Children (Sometimes)
Edited on 4/2/13
- Another Hilarious Mom Moment (Warning- Poop)Edited on 3/18/13
- How volunteers are helping to reduce child malnutrition in southern...Edited on 12/27/12
- enterprisingEdited on 4/4/13
- When Election Day comes close on the heels of HalloweenEdited on 4/4/13
Egg free Easter eggs?post #1 of 83/30/12 at 6:33amThread Starterpost #2 of 83/30/12 at 9:08am
I don't know about kits, but I've seen wooden eggs at the craft store. I'm not sure whether you could dip-dye them in the traditional method, but it would be worth a try. At Michael's, I've seen them with the wooden acorns, beads, etc.post #3 of 83/30/12 at 9:32am
What's your concern with real eggs? Veganism or allergies? My own ds had issues with real eggs due to vegetarian tendencies (he didn't want the hardboiled eggs to be eaten afterward, wanted to save them) but my blowing eggs in advance worked out as a nice compromise.
I have seen 6 packs of paper mache eggs at Michaels for $2.99. You could decoupage them or paint them.post #4 of 83/30/12 at 2:46pm
I've never seen a prepared egg-shaped product for dying. Lots of options for painting/decougape/sewing/felting. Perhaps dye some fruit or veg that would take color easily?
What is your objection to eggs? Vegan? Allergy?
If you use eggs in your cooking, you can drain the eggs and wash and dry it as well. Less waste but they are pretty fragile.post #5 of 83/31/12 at 8:05am
Eggnots are the answer!
We are vegan and don't use real eggs at Easter time. This year my mother found these: https://www.eggnots.com/Default.asp
They are ceramic and hold dyes like a real egg! My son loves them :)post #6 of 84/4/12 at 7:34pmpost #7 of 84/5/12 at 5:15pmThread Starter
I ordered eggnots! :D I am not eggs-actly opposed to using real eggs...I just find that year after year we never end up eating them all and I don't want to waste them. I am not vegan, but have considered it just because I feel bad eating meat. lol.post #8 of 84/6/12 at 7:16am
It's so cool that something like egg-nots exist. I'll have to try dying some unglazed pottery bits... Blowing eggs in advance (2 here for muffins, 4 here for french toast) works out all right if you remember to start in times and if you eat eggs. I managed to get 18 done.
- Egg free Easter eggs?
- Another Hilarious Mom Moment (Warning- Poop)
- › Unschooling views re: speech therapy 2 minutes ago
- › Win a Complete Homeschool Curriculum Package from Oak Meadow!! 5 minutes ago
- › May Chat Thread! 5 minutes ago
- › Unassisted Childbirth labor kit 5 minutes ago
- › Pagan Families - *May* we celebrate together 5 minutes ago
- › What's for dinner girls? 6 minutes ago
- › Exercise Ideas 6 minutes ago
- › Baby Names Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Flying with a 1 year old 7 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy After Baby Loss 7 minutes ago
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo