I have been stalking the groups waiting for the December 2012 group to show up. Is anyone else due in December?
- topicPregnancytagged by System, 3/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- 2014 Book Challenge Thread Last post on 3/11/14 at 10:56pm in Books, Music, and Media
- How is labor/birth when you are older? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:20pm in I'm Pregnant
- Prenatals? Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:42pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- HELP! How do I prevent gaining more weight during pregnancy? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:32pm in I'm Pregnant
Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
Last edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
- Remembering Pregnancy LossLast edited: 10/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Loving Your Postpartum BodyLast edited: 9/17/13
Waiting for a Dec. 2012 group...post #1 of 283/31/12 at 10:23amThread Starterpost #2 of 283/31/12 at 12:51pm
Same here -- just found out on Tuesday that after trying for a year, we're finally expecting our first, and I've been checking here every few hours ever since hoping to see the Dec. group open up!
I think I read something about new DDC being opened on the first of the month, so I think we still have another day or so to wait.
Congrats to you, by the way!post #3 of 283/31/12 at 8:32pmpost #4 of 284/1/12 at 8:30amThread Starterpost #5 of 284/2/12 at 1:37pm
I'm so happy to find this thread! :) I've been stalking groups too; I guess they'll start one soon.
Just got the positive pee stick last Wednesday. Cautiously optimistic and hoping for a sticky pregnancy, which if all goes well will be due Dec 6. It was our first cycle trying for baby number three- we were a bit stunned at how fast it was. I have PCOS and went to a fertility doctor to help conceive my first two kids. I didn't need a lot of intervention either time- basically, endured a bunch of tests and was granted the pills I need to help my cycle along- but it did take time. This was like "Let's have a third." "OK." and then BAM. Pregnant. I'm thrilled. :D
I rub my belly every day and talk to the little bean and tell it to stick around. We have such a nice family and he or she is going to love it here. And it will be a Sagittarius- I've barely even met any, but the horoscope sounds like a lot of fun.
I had horrible morning sickness both sticky pregnancies. (Had one early m/c inbetween.) I find myself wavering between hoping it will start, so I'll know the hormones are strong, and hoping I won't get it this time.
How's everyone else doing?post #6 of 284/2/12 at 1:57pmpost #7 of 284/2/12 at 5:19pmpost #8 of 284/2/12 at 9:01pmpost #9 of 284/3/12 at 3:50ampost #10 of 284/3/12 at 2:07pmHello Again,
I have been checking the groups everyday! Lol I am glad I am not the only anxious bird here
I just wanted to say hi to the new moms and share my story.
This is my fourth pregnancy but only one ended in a healthy happy baby. I had 2 miscarriages since my daughter was born one at 7 weeks and another at 5 weeks. Really hoping this one will stick with me...if it does i am due December 8th. So far so good...really fatigued though. I can't stay awake during the day! Just took a 2 hour nap with my 3 year old...and still feeling tired! Anyone else experiencing this?post #11 of 284/3/12 at 9:52pmThread Starterpost #12 of 284/3/12 at 10:09pmThread StarterQuote:
Oh yeah! I am so tired... I yawn my way through the day and nearly fall asleep sitting up. A 2 hour nap sounds amazing in the afternoon! I do get waves of nausea, but only if I go to long without eating. It feels like it's my bodys way of reminding me that I need nutrition to grow a little one.
Does anyone else feel twitches, stretching, and cramping? I've been getting them since the day I thought I might be pregnant, which I think was implantation because the tests weren't positive until a few days later.
I would like to lead a group, but I'm worried I won't be active enough since I only get on here a couple times a week.post #13 of 284/3/12 at 10:13pmpost #14 of 284/4/12 at 5:35am
yes, there is a nov ddc up - its listed under the "Groups" tab at the top of the page. if you, or anyone else, wants to be the 2nd lead with me, send a message to Cynthia Mosher & let her know. c'mon someone...let's get the group started!! look...i already made an icon for our group:
(trying to tempt you...did it work??)post #15 of 284/4/12 at 6:16am
OOohh, I love the icon! What does being a leader entail? I might be interested. I don't have a ton of time on the computer but I do enjoy it when I do. :)
I've had some fatigue too. And last night I had a really unpleasant episode. I had no appetite for dinner and later was craving ice cream, so I had some strawberry haagen dasz while watching the Voice with DH. When I got up to go to bed I got shooting pains in my gut, kind of like the cramps you get with diarrhea but much more acute. I hobbled up to bed, every movement painful to my stomach, and tried to go to sleep. I was actually having to breathe through the pains like in labor. I started to get freaked I was miscarrying. I got back up and went back to the couch with a hot water bottle on my tummy. Sat in front of the toilet for a while too feeling like I was going to barf, but never did. The heat helped and eventually I was able to go to sleep.
After that I think I'm going to try quitting dairy for a while. Both my kids are dairy intolerant and I gave it up while nursing #2, which cured her reflux. A friend of mine who specializes in food allergies says she got rid of her morning sickness in her second pregnancy by cutting out foods she knew the first child was allergic to. I would have thought it crazy before but now that I've seen how foods affect my kids, it kind of makes sense that my body might reject certain foods during pregnancy. Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes. Desperate to avoid being as sick as last time, when I was viciously nauseated and throwing up daily til 19 weeks.post #16 of 284/4/12 at 6:23ampost #17 of 284/4/12 at 6:30amQuote:Originally Posted by junebug1
katie - here's a link to a description of groups and the role of group leaders http://www.mothering.com/community/a/groups-guidelines
Alright, that sounds doable. It would be an open group right- no need to approve members?post #18 of 284/4/12 at 6:48ampost #19 of 284/4/12 at 8:46am
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
- › General Chat 9 minutes ago
- › Retractable 8y.o. Does he need to dry it?? 14 minutes ago
- › 2014 Project challenge 52 weeks 52 projects 15 minutes ago
- › March Chat/Vent 20 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 35 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant & Parenting January, February & March 2014 41 minutes ago
- › Any reason not to do the hearing test? 48 minutes ago
- › Baby NAMES!!! 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › hoping to try VBA2C- HELP ME PLEASE 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › would you consider using online school? 2 hours, 1 minute ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo