I have been stalking the groups waiting for the December 2012 group to show up. Is anyone else due in December?
- topicPregnancytagged by System, 3/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- How is labor/birth when you are older? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:20pm in I'm Pregnant
- Prenatals? Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:42pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- HELP! How do I prevent gaining more weight during pregnancy? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:32pm in I'm Pregnant
- Nuchal Translucency? Last post on 9/18/13 at 2:34pm in I'm Pregnant
Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
Last edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
- Remembering Pregnancy LossLast edited: 10/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Loving Your Postpartum BodyLast edited: 9/17/13
Waiting for a Dec. 2012 group...post #1 of 283/31/12 at 10:23amThread Starterpost #2 of 283/31/12 at 12:51pm
Same here -- just found out on Tuesday that after trying for a year, we're finally expecting our first, and I've been checking here every few hours ever since hoping to see the Dec. group open up!
I think I read something about new DDC being opened on the first of the month, so I think we still have another day or so to wait.
Congrats to you, by the way!post #3 of 283/31/12 at 8:32pmpost #4 of 284/1/12 at 8:30amThread Starterpost #5 of 284/2/12 at 1:37pm
I'm so happy to find this thread! :) I've been stalking groups too; I guess they'll start one soon.
Just got the positive pee stick last Wednesday. Cautiously optimistic and hoping for a sticky pregnancy, which if all goes well will be due Dec 6. It was our first cycle trying for baby number three- we were a bit stunned at how fast it was. I have PCOS and went to a fertility doctor to help conceive my first two kids. I didn't need a lot of intervention either time- basically, endured a bunch of tests and was granted the pills I need to help my cycle along- but it did take time. This was like "Let's have a third." "OK." and then BAM. Pregnant. I'm thrilled. :D
I rub my belly every day and talk to the little bean and tell it to stick around. We have such a nice family and he or she is going to love it here. And it will be a Sagittarius- I've barely even met any, but the horoscope sounds like a lot of fun.
I had horrible morning sickness both sticky pregnancies. (Had one early m/c inbetween.) I find myself wavering between hoping it will start, so I'll know the hormones are strong, and hoping I won't get it this time.
How's everyone else doing?post #6 of 284/2/12 at 1:57pmpost #7 of 284/2/12 at 5:19pmpost #8 of 284/2/12 at 9:01pmpost #9 of 284/3/12 at 3:50ampost #10 of 284/3/12 at 2:07pmHello Again,
I have been checking the groups everyday! Lol I am glad I am not the only anxious bird here
I just wanted to say hi to the new moms and share my story.
This is my fourth pregnancy but only one ended in a healthy happy baby. I had 2 miscarriages since my daughter was born one at 7 weeks and another at 5 weeks. Really hoping this one will stick with me...if it does i am due December 8th. So far so good...really fatigued though. I can't stay awake during the day! Just took a 2 hour nap with my 3 year old...and still feeling tired! Anyone else experiencing this?post #11 of 284/3/12 at 9:52pmThread Starterpost #12 of 284/3/12 at 10:09pmThread StarterQuote:
Oh yeah! I am so tired... I yawn my way through the day and nearly fall asleep sitting up. A 2 hour nap sounds amazing in the afternoon! I do get waves of nausea, but only if I go to long without eating. It feels like it's my bodys way of reminding me that I need nutrition to grow a little one.
Does anyone else feel twitches, stretching, and cramping? I've been getting them since the day I thought I might be pregnant, which I think was implantation because the tests weren't positive until a few days later.
I would like to lead a group, but I'm worried I won't be active enough since I only get on here a couple times a week.post #13 of 284/3/12 at 10:13pmpost #14 of 284/4/12 at 5:35am
yes, there is a nov ddc up - its listed under the "Groups" tab at the top of the page. if you, or anyone else, wants to be the 2nd lead with me, send a message to Cynthia Mosher & let her know. c'mon someone...let's get the group started!! look...i already made an icon for our group:
(trying to tempt you...did it work??)post #15 of 284/4/12 at 6:16am
OOohh, I love the icon! What does being a leader entail? I might be interested. I don't have a ton of time on the computer but I do enjoy it when I do. :)
I've had some fatigue too. And last night I had a really unpleasant episode. I had no appetite for dinner and later was craving ice cream, so I had some strawberry haagen dasz while watching the Voice with DH. When I got up to go to bed I got shooting pains in my gut, kind of like the cramps you get with diarrhea but much more acute. I hobbled up to bed, every movement painful to my stomach, and tried to go to sleep. I was actually having to breathe through the pains like in labor. I started to get freaked I was miscarrying. I got back up and went back to the couch with a hot water bottle on my tummy. Sat in front of the toilet for a while too feeling like I was going to barf, but never did. The heat helped and eventually I was able to go to sleep.
After that I think I'm going to try quitting dairy for a while. Both my kids are dairy intolerant and I gave it up while nursing #2, which cured her reflux. A friend of mine who specializes in food allergies says she got rid of her morning sickness in her second pregnancy by cutting out foods she knew the first child was allergic to. I would have thought it crazy before but now that I've seen how foods affect my kids, it kind of makes sense that my body might reject certain foods during pregnancy. Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes. Desperate to avoid being as sick as last time, when I was viciously nauseated and throwing up daily til 19 weeks.post #16 of 284/4/12 at 6:23ampost #17 of 284/4/12 at 6:30amQuote:Originally Posted by junebug1
katie - here's a link to a description of groups and the role of group leaders http://www.mothering.com/community/a/groups-guidelines
Alright, that sounds doable. It would be an open group right- no need to approve members?post #18 of 284/4/12 at 6:48ampost #19 of 284/4/12 at 8:46am
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
- › No heartbeat. Gone. 3 minutes ago
- › Crunchy Christian mamas '13 4 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy/ Childbirth Wish List 10 minutes ago
- › Please explain to me why.. 11 minutes ago
- › Have any other Mummas pimped their carriers? 12 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 14 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Journal: Mindful Eating 22 minutes ago
- › First Time Expecting from Kansas City 22 minutes ago
- › Not so good news- enlarged yolk sac 22 minutes ago
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Polar Express by Alyssa Eisner
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo