im 9 months pregnant and am due in 2 weeks im having a boy but the past couple of days i have had major sharp pains in my vagina it feels like someone took steel toe boots and kicked me in the box and when i stand up the pain is so intense...plus i have found that the baby is moving way way way more than normal it hurts alot....
Related Forum Threads
- How old were you when you had your first baby? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:55pm in Birth and Beyond
- I'm Refusing All U/S.. Last post on 5/9/13 at 5:09am in I'm Pregnant
- Everything smells rotten and disgusting Last post on 5/7/13 at 11:08am in I'm Pregnant
- Just Got Chewed Out During my Appt... And Walked Out Last post on 5/18/13 at 2:08am in I'm Pregnant
- 5+ years between pregnancies questions.... Last post on 4/28/13 at 11:18am in I'm Pregnant
Join a Due Date Club!
Edited on 5/3/13
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean RateEdited on 2/1/13
- New Mama Survival Guide: Simple Tips for Going NaturalEdited on 11/15/12
- Let the Baby Decide: The Case Against Inducing LaborEdited on 3/18/13
- Guest Blogger Jenna Hull on The "Due Date" ThingEdited on 4/7/13
whats this meanpost #2 of 54/1/12 at 10:02ampost #3 of 54/2/12 at 7:59pmpost #4 of 54/2/12 at 10:08pm
Yeah, my baby liked to keep his hand up by his face and sometimes it would cause sharp pains like that. It can also happen if they are just wiggling their little heads and getting low. As much as it hurts, just think that it might be starting to open and thin your cervix a little and every bit of work your body does before, is less work to do in labour!
So just try to balance your activity with some walking and stretching (gentle yoga maybe?) and then warm baths and resting with your feet up.
Or just rest, if you don't feel like moving.
I would only worry about pain if you had symptoms of a bladder infection, (especially burning with urination, since frequency and urgency are pretty much guaranteed at this point in your pregnancy), if the pain was constant and/ or you had bleeding, or if your baby wasn't moving as much as usual. If those things happen contact your dr or midwife right away.
Otherwise, just worry about doing whatever keeps you comfortable, and practice relaxation for labour!post #5 of 54/3/12 at 10:17pm
This happens to me also. My midwife said it's head-on-pelvis grinding contact, which explains the stabbing pain. She calls them "zingers," and I told her that sounded more polite that "internal icepick to the vagina," which is what it FEELS like.
- whats this mean
- The Birth Center Study- Hope For Lowering the Cesarean Rate
- › Reading while sitting on the toilet 37 seconds ago
- › Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April & May 2013! 1 minute ago
- › Baby names....anyone brainstorming? 5 minutes ago
- › ~+~+~+~+~ May 2013 Chat *~*~*~*~* 7 minutes ago
- › Freezer cooking 7 minutes ago
- › My 3 year old is freaking me out 7 minutes ago
- › How do you cope with screaming and crying, especially when you're... 9 minutes ago
- › South Tx help 10 minutes ago
- › Queer parents 12 minutes ago
- › Having difficulty starting solids at 9.5 months 18 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by SmilinMomma
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11