Congratulations Rosie and Family- WELCOME BABY ODIN!!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicPregnancytagged by System, 4/1/12
Related Forum Threads
- How is labor/birth when you are older? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:20pm in I'm Pregnant
- Prenatals? Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:42pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- HELP! How do I prevent gaining more weight during pregnancy? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:32pm in I'm Pregnant
- Nuchal Translucency? Last post on 9/18/13 at 2:34pm in I'm Pregnant
Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
Last edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
- Remembering Pregnancy LossLast edited: 10/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Loving Your Postpartum BodyLast edited: 9/17/13
Bajingo in the Spring-O, Part Deux: Having #1 in Our 30's, Spring 2012 - Page 3post #41 of 2964/8/12 at 9:11ampost #42 of 2964/8/12 at 12:59pmpost #43 of 2964/8/12 at 2:36pmpost #44 of 2964/8/12 at 4:57pmpost #45 of 2964/9/12 at 5:39ampost #46 of 2964/9/12 at 8:58ampost #47 of 2964/10/12 at 11:14am
Hi ladies! Rosie, I hope that you are enjoying your first days with Odin.
How is everyone doing? I had an ob appointment today and it was uneventful. We checked the hb and she measured my uterus and she let me know what's in store for the coming months. Next visit in 4w will be the gestational diabetes test and she said that after 32-34w she will start doing weekly non stress tests with me because she does that with all her ama clients (and women with diabetes and other issues). I think I am the oldest here now, but does anyone have experience with this? She said she wants to do it even though there have been no other issues with the pregnancy so far. I suppose it is good to be on the safe side, but I can see where it could get stressful and annoying. Thanks!post #48 of 2964/10/12 at 11:21amThread Starter
Chapluqa is next! She's due at the end of April, I believe.
How is everyone doing? My emotions have been all over the place. I don't think I've ever experienced such severe mood swings before. So far today, I've had a crying spell (over the realization that these next couple of weeks may be the last DH and I ever spend together as a childless couple), followed by a period of complete and total elation (I'm so excited to meet this little baby!), followed by an intense sense of dread (what if something happens to DH and I have to raise this baby alone?), and, finally, a return to my usual mildly anxious state. Yeesh. I just wish I could relax. And I wish we had the time and money for a vacation. I would so love to just lie on a beach somewhere and read for a few days.
We deep-cleaned and reorganized our kitchen, living room, and dining room on Sunday. It was a lot of work, and I think it may have been a little much for me physically (my back was pretty sore yesterday morning), but man, it was worth it! It looks so good, and I feel so much better walking into a clean house instead of our normal clutter. I told DH we need to do the upstairs this weekend. It should be a lot less work. I'm starting to wonder if my nesting instincts are kicking in. It's not that I particularly want to spend our free time cleaning, but I feel a need to establish some kind of order in my environment.post #49 of 2964/10/12 at 4:48pm
I have had the same cleaning thing starting. We did a nice declutter but there is so much more to do. I really want to get things in order before I am too big to move around.
I found out this morning that the program I am going into does not offer deferred enrollment. I guess because of the California budget crisis they have no idea how many students that can positions each year. Scary stuff. So after some pondering I have decided that I can handle the two evening classes during month 9 and the first few months of babies life. I really do not want to wait to start the program. So all is well that ends well- I am elated at this news. Even more reason to get the nursery and house ready earlier.
I had an appointment. She did an u/s to check the cervix- mine is nice and long and does not respond to pushing- so that is great. They really want to make sure I do not go into premature labor- they are 90% sure my twin loss was due to twin to twin transfusion however they want to keep an eye on my cervix and make sure I am not going into premature labor.
She peaked at the bum area and says her 'best guess' is a girl but- she said to wait until the 20w to know for sure. So we wait- tick tick tick- I am so excited to find out and start the day dreaming- I will be thrilled either way.
Can't wait to hear Rosies story-
Andaluza- I have been airing on the test side this pregnancy- but I always want to KNOW as much as I can even though I have a non-medical philosophy- probably some sort of PTSD from my loss. Do what you feel is best for you and the baby.post #50 of 2964/10/12 at 7:01pm
I am 36, so you are not quite the oldest
Personally, I don't see any reason they would do non-stress test just because you are 35 if you have no other issues.
I know I had one with my last pregnancy towards the very end, just to make sure that the LO was doing well and the fluid was ok.
You can always say that you don't prefer not to have extra tests.post #51 of 2964/11/12 at 3:32ampost #52 of 2964/11/12 at 4:41pmThread Starter
Rosie posted her birth story! (Yes, I totally stalked her.)
Sending lots of love your way, mama! Hope you have a beautiful babymoon!post #53 of 2964/11/12 at 6:18pmpost #54 of 2964/11/12 at 6:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by Calycanth
Rosie posted her birth story! (Yes, I totally stalked her.)
Sending lots of love your way, mama! Hope you have a beautiful babymoon!
What a beautiful and powerful story, and a strong woman! Congratulations again, Rosie!post #55 of 2964/12/12 at 7:33ampost #56 of 2964/12/12 at 8:31ampost #57 of 2964/12/12 at 11:45ampost #58 of 2964/12/12 at 3:57pmI just came by to post the story. Thanks caly! I usually only get online on my phone one-handed while nursing, so I'm reading but not commenting. Right now Odin is asleep on my cht, my mom is making dinner, and I'm on my new iPad (it's for school but kind of a push present from DH, we hadnted yet agreed we could afford it.)
Odin has gained half a pound since coming home Monday. He's amazing. We are feeling so lucky. I'll share pics soon. Got lots but don't know if I can do it from my iProducts. Lots of love to all of you. Can't stop thinking about Cathelini. So happy for her, and for all of us.post #59 of 2964/12/12 at 5:18pmpost #60 of 2964/12/12 at 5:34pmThread Starter
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
- › Birthday invite with “Please no plastic toys” 3 minutes ago
- › Chronic Illness Support Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shameless Cute Baby Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 3 Year Old - Raging/upset. How to help with emotional expression? 7 minutes ago
- › Sleeping Arrangements 11 minutes ago
- › My 4 year old can not draw anything 12 minutes ago
- › Galactocele or blocked duct for 2 months!? 14 minutes ago
- › Twins 16 minutes ago
- › Book ideas for the 13-year-old boy... 19 minutes ago
- › Homebirth in OKC/OK Laws and Insurance 19 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by Alyssa Eisner
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › The Snow Queen by Melanie Mayo
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo