I'm on a modified Paleo diet to treat candida...and I lost 13 pounds in just over a month! So I cut out all dairy, vinegars and fermented foods (for now), legumes, grains, high sugar fruits, alcohol, and all added sugars. I basically eat meat, eggs, and veggies. I use coconut milk in my coffee with vanilla stevia, which is divine. I have a lot more energy than I used to. I've also upped my dose of synthroid, added adrenal support supplements, probiotics, etc. Except for a spate of killer allergies, I'm feeling great!
Related Forum Threads
- My skin itches when I runs Last post on 5/6/13 at 7:54am in Fitness and Weight Management
- It Works! Wraps for weight loss? Last post on 5/11/13 at 5:31pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- Blooming 1000 minutes Challenge for May 2013!!! Last post on Yesterday at 6:02 pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- join me in losing 10 pounds in 2 months Last post on 4/29/13 at 9:11pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- New mommys who wanna lose weight.. you wanna check this out Last post on 5/19/13 at 9:39pm in Fitness and Weight Management
5 Elements for Healthy Living
Edited on 4/15/13
- Baby and YouEdited on 1/26/11
- MamayogaEdited on 1/2/12
- ToningEdited on 4/26/10
- For Beginner Cyclists: How to Make Family Cycling a Part of Your...Edited on 10/19/12
So what is everyone doing to lose weight? - Page 2post #22 of 284/26/12 at 7:08pmpost #23 of 284/27/12 at 11:58am
Mourning period indeed. I think right now mourning my not being pregnant combined with food I need to divest from my life is more than I can take. I do want to focus on fruits/vegetables more. I think that would help.post #24 of 284/29/12 at 12:58am
Interestingly, I'm not having an emotional reaction. I think it's mostly because this is totally a choice I'm exercising. I didn't really have any debilitating allergic or whatever sort of effects I could point to that would necessitate an elimination diet from any conventional medical POV.
But once I took all those things out of my daily diet, I could really see how my feelings and behaviors were subject to outside forces. I definitely had a problem with sugar, to the point that I was overdoing fruit for the first two weeks. I seek out sweets at the end of the day, just to make me feel better. I have to be really on top of it and pay attention to the cues and feelings, or I could go back to it any second.
So maybe as time goes on and I get back into my normal weight zone, I might come to a place where I realize certain foods really won't be welcome back, and that sadness might kick in. Time will tell. That's at least a few months off.post #25 of 285/5/12 at 2:08pm
First of all, I've been gaining weight, not losing it. So maybe I'm not the best person in the world to ask about weight loss ideas.
I did however come across a pretty good one from a friend of mine who lost so much weight walking his new dog that now none of his clothes fit, as he found out the hard way when his bathing suit dropped to his ankles at the beach in front of me, his neighbor and a handful of others.
He claims it fit him perfectly when he got the dog about 8-10 weeks ago.
If you want to read it in his words here's the link: http://blogs.health24.com/vitaminpete/want-to-lose-weight-get-a-puppy
The one thing I will say is that it wasn't as bad as he makes it sound. Since there's no picture, you just have to assume he's as ugly as he says he is, but the guy's actually pretty attractive (I think he knows it, just won't admit it publicly).
In any case, if he keeps it off another month I might have to consider adopting a puppy...post #26 of 285/13/12 at 6:51ampost #27 of 285/14/12 at 10:13am
I'm doing My Fitness Pal (myfitnesspal.com or the apps) and I've just started, so I can't really speak to how it's working yet. It's basically counting calories, which I think is important for me -- I feel like I have no concept of what an appropriate serving size is, so it's been a weird few days trying to adjust my food!
It's forcing me, thankfully, to avoid processed foods and stick mainly to lots of veggies, some fruits, eggs, a little dairy. I don't really like grains, aside from the processed-beyond-recognition kind, so I haven't been eating much of them besides high-protein whole-grain granola occasionally. I'm always wary of super low carb plans, but I've decided I'd much rather "spend" my carbs on fruit than on bread!
So far I like My Fitness Pal because it makes eating like a game to me. I tend to put off thinking about food until I'm REALLY hungry, and this forces me to be conscious of what I'm doing instead of just periodically shoving food in my face ;)
- So what is everyone doing to lose weight?
- Baby and You
- › When do you tell family and older siblings? 50 seconds ago
- › How would you deal with this bilingual child's issue? 6 minutes ago
- › took plan B, late, symptoms but bfn 15 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 16 minutes ago
- › URGENT- Oregon bill to end religious exemption--- X-posted 23 minutes ago
- › 40 week roll call! 25 minutes ago
- › How did you pay for your homebirth? 27 minutes ago
- › Life of Fred - Question about starting as a 4th grader. 43 minutes ago
- › Year round window box suggestions 45 minutes ago
- › Carrier addiction- fun thread! 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Why We Homeschool by Sheryl Paul
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf