I'm on a modified Paleo diet to treat candida...and I lost 13 pounds in just over a month! So I cut out all dairy, vinegars and fermented foods (for now), legumes, grains, high sugar fruits, alcohol, and all added sugars. I basically eat meat, eggs, and veggies. I use coconut milk in my coffee with vanilla stevia, which is divine. I have a lot more energy than I used to. I've also upped my dose of synthroid, added adrenal support supplements, probiotics, etc. Except for a spate of killer allergies, I'm feeling great!
Related Forum Threads
- Sprinting joyfully into October - the Dingo thread Last post on 11/1/13 at 10:42am in Fitness and Weight Management
- SEPTEMBER 1000 MINUTES EXERCISE CHALLENGE! Last post on 9/30/13 at 12:43pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- Dingos Fall into September Action! Last post on 10/1/13 at 7:47am in Fitness and Weight Management
- If anyone has a Beachbody account, I need your help! Last post on 10/15/13 at 4:11am in Fitness and Weight Management
- Dingos sweating out the evil in July Last post on 8/2/13 at 9:18am in Fitness and Weight Management
One, Two, Three...Sing and Do Yoga With Me!
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-PackLast edited: 8/2/13
- Making Peace With My BodyLast edited: 6/21/13
- 5 Elements for Healthy LivingLast edited: 4/15/13
- Baby and YouLast edited: 1/26/11
So what is everyone doing to lose weight? - Page 2post #22 of 284/26/12 at 7:08pmpost #23 of 284/27/12 at 11:58ampost #24 of 284/29/12 at 12:58am
Interestingly, I'm not having an emotional reaction. I think it's mostly because this is totally a choice I'm exercising. I didn't really have any debilitating allergic or whatever sort of effects I could point to that would necessitate an elimination diet from any conventional medical POV.
But once I took all those things out of my daily diet, I could really see how my feelings and behaviors were subject to outside forces. I definitely had a problem with sugar, to the point that I was overdoing fruit for the first two weeks. I seek out sweets at the end of the day, just to make me feel better. I have to be really on top of it and pay attention to the cues and feelings, or I could go back to it any second.
So maybe as time goes on and I get back into my normal weight zone, I might come to a place where I realize certain foods really won't be welcome back, and that sadness might kick in. Time will tell. That's at least a few months off.post #25 of 285/5/12 at 2:08pm
First of all, I've been gaining weight, not losing it. So maybe I'm not the best person in the world to ask about weight loss ideas.
I did however come across a pretty good one from a friend of mine who lost so much weight walking his new dog that now none of his clothes fit, as he found out the hard way when his bathing suit dropped to his ankles at the beach in front of me, his neighbor and a handful of others.
He claims it fit him perfectly when he got the dog about 8-10 weeks ago.
If you want to read it in his words here's the link: http://blogs.health24.com/vitaminpete/want-to-lose-weight-get-a-puppy
The one thing I will say is that it wasn't as bad as he makes it sound. Since there's no picture, you just have to assume he's as ugly as he says he is, but the guy's actually pretty attractive (I think he knows it, just won't admit it publicly).
In any case, if he keeps it off another month I might have to consider adopting a puppy...post #26 of 285/13/12 at 6:51ampost #27 of 285/14/12 at 10:13am
I'm doing My Fitness Pal (myfitnesspal.com or the apps) and I've just started, so I can't really speak to how it's working yet. It's basically counting calories, which I think is important for me -- I feel like I have no concept of what an appropriate serving size is, so it's been a weird few days trying to adjust my food!
It's forcing me, thankfully, to avoid processed foods and stick mainly to lots of veggies, some fruits, eggs, a little dairy. I don't really like grains, aside from the processed-beyond-recognition kind, so I haven't been eating much of them besides high-protein whole-grain granola occasionally. I'm always wary of super low carb plans, but I've decided I'd much rather "spend" my carbs on fruit than on bread!
So far I like My Fitness Pal because it makes eating like a game to me. I tend to put off thinking about food until I'm REALLY hungry, and this forces me to be conscious of what I'm doing instead of just periodically shoving food in my face ;)
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-Pack
- › December chat thread! 1 minute ago
- › Has your kid taken the talent search exam for the CTD's NUMATS? 2 minutes ago
- › Not so good news- enlarged yolk sac 2 minutes ago
- › Into the 2nd Trimester! 3 minutes ago
- › Eastern Shore, pregnant, what are my options? 3 minutes ago
- › First Appointments 3 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 4 minutes ago
- › Dear Adoptees, 6 minutes ago
- › Vagifem/breastfeeding 11 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Stephafriendly
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Vaccinations and George W Bush by Brian Leaf
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo