- topicAllergiestagged by System, 4/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- Possible eosinophilic disorder Last post on 11/30/13 at 5:03am in Allergies
- DS2 doesnt digest food well Last post on 11/28/13 at 11:28am in Allergies
- Can food allergies manifest as face bltchiness/under eye redness? Last post on 11/26/13 at 10:01pm in Allergies
- Eliminating wheat/dairy/corn to heal allergies/asthma Last post on 11/28/13 at 11:46am in Allergies
- Should peanut butter be banned in schools? Last post on 11/30/13 at 10:21am in Learning at School
Need help! New diet and supplement ?s
I am sorry for your difficulty.
Who exactly is telling you to avoid all these things? Are you working with a board certified endocrinologist? If, not, I would start there before doing a major diet overhaul. Also, just a FYI, sounds like she suffers from an intolerance, not an actual allergy.
I second scsigrl! I thought there was a pill that they give people who appear to be entering puberty too early. Definitely get a second opinion. Here is what I found and nothing about diet is mentioned. I am huge on diet "curing" people, but not in this case.
Quote from kidshealth org
- treating the underlying cause or disease, such as a tumor
- lowering the high levels of sex hormones with medication to stop sexual development from progressing
In some cases, treatment of an underlying health problem can stop the precocious puberty from progressing. But in most cases, because there's no other disease triggering the condition, treatment usually consists of hormone therapy that stops sexual development."
Rice is your friend and can be bought cheaply in large quantities from some Indian or Asian grocery stores. Also, Costco and Sams Club carries it (but membership fee required).
Protein: See about canned Tuna or Salmon with a coupon when they are on sale. (Not recommended to eat Tuna in large quantities).
Coupons coupled with store sales on the coupon item brings your cost down more. Sometimes buying the smaller package with a coupon, especially if its on sale too, is cheaper than buying the "bulk" item.
Allergy vs. Intolerance: I don't know if I'd be comfortable sayng "intolerance" with eczema symptoms. Also, the same symptoms for "intolerance" can also be had in an "allergy". Lastly, some people (like me) have continued eating the "intolerant food" and found that it turned "anaphylaxis" without warnng - Chicken and Cinnamon, in my case.
Just a heads up: Canned Fish and, especially Tuna, often contains Veggie broth, which contains more than the "Soy" listed in parenthesis. So, if there is reactions to: Beans, cabbage, carrots, celery, garlic, onions, parsley, peas, potatoes, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, spinach, or tomatoes - then may want to skip the canned fish.
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 3 minutes ago
- › How many have gotten a girl DTD the day before O? 8 minutes ago
- › Single Mamas By Choice 16 minutes ago
- › ~~~~2013 Low Income Support Thread~~~~ 19 minutes ago
- › Low supply - What helped you? 20 minutes ago
- › 2013 in 2013 27 minutes ago
- › 2 year old - Obsessed with Books, but something changed... 36 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- The Beaver Moon 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Sewing projects for beginners (kids) 2 hours ago
- › 4yo making family life miserable 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo