We are trying to buy a house and had a radon test done. It came back with a level of 10 (should be under 4). I've done some internet research (waiting to hear back from a professional radon contractor), and it sounds to me like it's not too expensive (on the high side should be under 2K) and is fairly reliable. But DH says he's looking into it, and he's seeing costs of over 10K, and that it still won't necessarily be safe. What is with the discrepancy? When he gets home we can look together and see what we find, but we are on a short timeline here (need to decide in 2 days if we want to keep going or walk away), and since it's Friday, if I need to line up someone to come do an estimate, I'll probably have to do it before he gets home. Has anyone had experience with this? Can anyone point me towards odds of the mitigation failing? Why are we finding such complete opposite information?? (OK, I don't really expect anyone to be able that last one ). Help!